• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
chefann said:
The last word in the dictionary on my Palm Pilot is zymosan.
definition please.

zymosan - ZIE-mo-san: an insoluble largely polysaccharide fraction of yeast cell walls.

Good thing I remembered that when I read it the first time. The battery in my Palm just died as I was typing.

Oh great! we're back to talking about YEAST!

It's cause we're all gas bags, full of hot air, just like yeast.

I love the little yeast puppets AB uses on Good Eats. They're grey socks with eyes, and they burp and fart.

chefann said:
It's cause we're all gas bags, full of hot air, just like yeast.

I love the little yeast puppets AB uses on Good Eats. They're grey socks with eyes, and they burp and fart.

My DS (who is 2 1/2) LOVES them too! He is mesmerized by AB & Good Eats! One time he had a squirrel that kept stealing nuts - and now Micah calls AB the "Squirrely Nut Man":D

I loved the squirrel!

did you see the special that was a behind-the-scenes of Good Eats? Very interesting. The costume and prop rooms were amazing.

Every time they use the actor who plays Cocoa Carl, DH says, "Look! It's Chocolate Bob!"

So I've never heard of this AB character. My baby is 18 and my grand children live 1000 miles away. I am out of the loop.:confused:

AB is Alton Brown. His show, Good Eats is on Food Network. He also is the commentator on Iron Chef America and has made a few other specials for Food Network. He's a former cinematographer, so the camera work on Good Eats is very creative. They also use a lot of costumes and very creative props. On yesterday's episode, they had a set of Matrushka dolls (the nesting ones) painted to look like the various layers of a grain of wheat.

Well, I do watch food network but I never caught that one! I will have to check it out!

It's on at 7:00 pm, weeknights. I LOVE that show! It's informative and entertaining. He also believes in no uni-taskers in the kitchen (except a fire extinguisher), so he frequently has fun uses for products.

Good Eats w/ Alton Brown is the only Food Show (besides Bizarre Foods w/ Andrew Zimmerman) that my DH will watch! Our whole family will sit lined up on the coach during Good Eats - it's just Good Fun!

Oh, and Beth - isn't today your LAST DAY?????WHOOO HOOO!

chefann said:
It's on at 7:00 pm, weeknights. I LOVE that show! It's informative and entertaining. He also believes in no uni-taskers in the kitchen (except a fire extinguisher), so he frequently has fun uses for products.
Every night? Mon-Fri?

Yep- M-F. The problem I have is that it's during prime phone time and I always end up watching it instead of making phone calls.

It's also the only Food Network show DH will watch. Except for the secret ingredient intro on Iron Chef America. Because that's just silly.

chefann said:
Yep- M-F. The problem I have is that it's during prime phone time and I always end up watching it instead of making phone calls.

It's also the only Food Network show DH will watch. Except for the secret ingredient intro on Iron Chef America. Because that's just silly.

Our DH's sound alot alike Ann!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh, and Beth - isn't today your LAST DAY?????WHOOO HOOO!
No.:(

I don't work there on Fridays :) (supposed to be cleaning, laundry, errands, etc. :rolleyes: )

I have one more week. My last day is March 29 - 4 more days there and counting!

chefann said:
This is caled, "Creative Avoidance." I'm an expert at that task.

Beth: Did you ever log off? You were here when I left and you're here now that I'm back! LOL

She's trying to catch your post count today.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This is caled, "Creative Avoidance." I'm an expert at that task.
Speaking of creative avoidance. I need to shut down this computer and get on with my day. I am not getting paid to be on this site (unlike yesterday!:p ).

I'll check in later of course!:rolleyes:

Toodles! Friday is the busiest day of my week. Oh, well... I'm planning on leaving in a few months anyway!

Yes, keep the aiways organized for us today.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
She's trying to catch your post count today.
What did you call it? Meaningless drivel?

If you can't beat it join in!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Yes, keep the aiways organized for us today.
Anne,

Do you work for the airlines? Can you get us a deal?

No, she works in the broadcasting industry.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, she works in the broadcasting industry.
oh! Those airways!!

I guess I do remember that now! So much information... so little room (in my brain).

I was thinking she was an Air Traffic Controller! I was disappointed because then I would have to stop liking her so much! JK!

Well, in a manner of speaking, she is an air traffic controller. You'll have to ask her about that.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, in a manner of speaking, she is an air traffic controller. You'll have to ask her about that.

I thought the CS Police position was already filled?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not if we keep bumping it.

Last one to post wins.

(That'll insure this sucker will run forever.)

I win!! I win!!!

KG,
you crack me up, if ever I'm having a bad day I just look for your posts. Thanks.

HMMM,

Looks to me like another highjacked thread, LOL.

bbauman07 said:
I win!! I win!!!

Not ah - NENER NENER NENER - I took your spot

Every time I think I get to the last page, there is another page....

Nu-uh!
I did!!

chefann said:
Nu-uh!
I did!!

So unfair. If I downloaded the smilies I would have one crossing my arms right now and pouting

Jason,

Go to planetsmilies.net or thesmilies.com

bbauman07 said:
HMMM,

Looks to me like another highjacked thread, LOL.
This is, by definition, a hijacked thread.

Everyone wants to be the last poster to be the thread killer - so people keep posting in it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This is, by definition, a hijacked thread.

Everyone wants to be the last poster to be the thread killer - so people keep posting in it.
SO why don't you guys just stop posting then so I can be the winner.

BethCooks4U said:
SO why don't you guys just stop posting then so I can be the winner.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

raebates said:
Winners never quit, and quitters never win.
And I'm a real winner! (That's what I hear)

I've been accused of being a whiner.And recently, too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've been accused of being a whiner.

And recently, too.
But I'm a winner. ...but I do like wine. Did you know one glass a day is good for you? - like chocolate! You should never let a day go by without a little chocolate.

BethCooks4U said:
But I'm a winner. ...but I do like wine. Did you know one glass a day is good for you? - like chocolate! You should never let a day go by without a little chocolate.

MMM...sounds good. Think I'm gonna go have some now!

cat said:
MMM...sounds good. Think I'm gonna go have some now!
I'd join you but there isn't any in the house - but wait! There is CHOCOLATE!! And it's DARK CHOCOLATE.

You know if you need chocolate and are out you can always eat the chocolate chips in the baking cupboard.;)

BethCooks4U said:
I'd join you but there isn't any in the house - but wait! There is CHOCOLATE!! And it's DARK CHOCOLATE.

You know if you need chocolate and are out you can always eat the chocolate chips in the baking cupboard.;)

Hehe...I DID do that when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes...
Didn't want to overdo the chocolate, so i would eat 2 or 3 chocolate chips, just to satisfy the craving!

And dark chocolate is supposed to be pretty good for you!

cat said:
Hehe...I DID do that when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes...
Didn't want to overdo the chocolate, so i would eat 2 or 3 chocolate chips, just to satisfy the craving!

And dark chocolate is supposed to be pretty good for you!
It IS good for you! A proven fact. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Have you tried Hershey's Extra Dark with 60% Cacao? That's what is in my pantry now...

And they make one with blueberries, cranberries and almonds, I think. Very good if you like dark chocolate.

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service