• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
  • #1,451
And, Ann, I got my "Post Slut" t-shirt today. It's great! I love the big Chef Success button on the back.Hey, people, if you haven't ordered one yet, you don't know what you're missing.

• #1,452
raebates said:
All those years of playing to the back of the theater can come in handy.
Me, too!

I was in a show in college that was the first one to use the new set of wireless mics. The theater majors were bummed because it was officially a music department production (Into the Woods, I was Cinderella's stepmother). One of the mics gave out after the first performance. I had to give mine up because "You can project to the back of the house." Pretty sad considering that a lot of the leads were vocal performance majors and should have been able to project. And on the nights I did have a mic, I had to make sure I covered it when I screamed in the second act - didn't want to blow out any eardrums.

• #1,453
Hey! I was in Into the Woods in High School. :)

• #1,454
Theater is a wonderful outlet for those of us who were always being told to keep quiet.

• #1,455
And for the class clowns and those constantly told to sit still...

• #1,456
chefann said:
I had to give mine up because "You can project to the back of the house." Pretty sad considering that a lot of the leads were vocal performance majors and should have been able to project.

That is really sad that they couldn't project... that was one of the first things we talked about/worked on in diction class and voice lessons in college (started my college career as a music ed/vocal perfom major).

• #1,457
My son was in Into The Woods too. I had never heard of it before then.

• #1,458
katie0128 said:
That is really sad that they couldn't project... that was one of the first things we talked about/worked on in diction class and voice lessons in college (started my college career as a music ed/vocal perfom major).
I WAS a music ed major. That's not what I do now, though. ooooh.... small world.....

• #1,459
too many hours with no new posts - gotta keep my reputation ya know!

• #1,460
Nope, my turn!
tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

• #1,461
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif

Have a good weekend!

tongue-smiley-8849.gif

• #1,462
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

tongue-smiley-8849.gif
tongue-smiley-8849.gif

:D

• #1,463
chefann said:
I WAS a music ed major. That's not what I do now, though. ooooh.... small world.....

Yeah, now you punch buttons on a keyboard, which I think we established in another thread (maybe it was this one... hard to keep track) that I actually understood your ramblings about that, too! Don't think I've ever meet a musically inclined computer geek like me! How fun. Can't wait to meet you in person at conference!!!:D

• #1,464
I love stoping in here to see the die hards still posting away. It probably would have died if it was up to me. Thank God it wasn't.

• #1,465
Constant amusement for others... that's what we are here for!

• #1,466
Anyone awake? I took a 4 hour nap, from 9PM to 1AM and now I'm going back to bed!:D

Just wanted to see how long I can be the last poster.:rolleyes:

• #1,467
I wasn't awake when you posted, but I'm awake now.

• #1,468
Good Sunday Morning all! Its cold here in Michigan, but yesterday was amazingly beautiful! Hope you all have a great day....

• #1,469
brrr... stupid Michigan weather. Didn't the sun get the memo that it's late May?

• #1,470
I just had to come in from the deck. it's in the mid 80's here and I was getting a burn!

• #1,471
pbbhht...Darn you.

• #1,472
chefann said:
brrr... stupid Michigan weather. Didn't the sun get the memo that it's late May?

Not just stupid Michigan weather.....stupid Wisconsin weather too. At least we're cold at the same time.:p Is it ever gonna get and stay warm? These 1-2 days of high 70's and then it's 51 the next day really bites. Yeah, I know......whaaaaaaa!

It would be nice to be able to put my winter clothes away.

• #1,473
Happy Monday Cheffers!

• #1,474
Happy Monday!

Wait-- it's Monday. What's so happy about that?

• #1,475
pcchris said:
Not just stupid Michigan weather.....stupid Wisconsin weather too. At least we're cold at the same time.:p Is it ever gonna get and stay warm? These 1-2 days of high 70's and then it's 51 the next day really bites. Yeah, I know......whaaaaaaa!

It would be nice to be able to put my winter clothes away.

Chris.... where in WI are you? I used to live in Madison for MANY MANY MANY years. I agree... your weather is worse than ours by far... and you wouldnt really think it being so close.

• #1,476
I know what you're up to. You people think that by talking about the weather we'll all get bored and you'll be able to kill this thread. It's not gonna work!

• #1,477
So what's the weather like in lovely Indiana, Rae?

• #1,478
Pretty nice right now. Chilly in the morning, but low to mid 80's in the afternoon.

• #1,479
We're forecast for upper 60's today.

• #1,480
Ooh, that is a bit chilly. Dress warm. We don't want you catching a cold.

• #1,481
I'm in jeans (I love this client site!), a cami, and a tweed jacket today.

You're sweet...

• #1,482
I figure if you get a cold you won't be here as often. I would miss you.

Of course, I wouldn't necessarily miss you on this thread, you know, if you wanted to just let me win.

• #1,483
This thread reminds me of the book Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein.

• #1,484
I don't think I've ever read that one. How does this thread remind you of it?

• #1,485
I am hoping this will push the post to page 100....then what do I win

• #1,486
Rashafrasa....need a longer post

• #1,487
82-84 today here in North Carolina! Lovely Carolina blue skies. And I'm in a closet painting (well, I should be!). And then I have to prepare 8 new host packets (WOO HOO!!!). They are for June and early July shows (besides the ones I already sent!)!

And I have 5 people to get back to for dates on top of that! WML!

• #1,488
I am hoping this will push the post to page 100....then what do I win

Our undying admiration.

• #1,489
Jason, could you please explain your picture?? It's too small to really see...

• #1,490
BethCooks4U said:
Jason, could you please explain your picture?? It's too small to really see...

He's hiding from you Mom:rolleyes:

• #1,491
Until he tells us otherwise, I'm assuming it's him in drag.

• #1,492
raebates said:
Until he tells us otherwise, I'm assuming it's him in drag.
Nah.... I think he'd like more jewelry. I know I would.

• #1,493
You didn't picture him in fewer clothes? I mean, we're talking about Jason here. You know. Mr. Thong?

• #1,494
raebates said:
You didn't picture him in fewer clothes? I mean, we're talking about Jason here. You know. Mr. Thong?
I don't know... that was a strappy little number in the photo.

• #1,495
True. It looks like he's on stage. I wonder if he's considering a second career.

• #1,496
I bet there's a thong under the skirt....

• #1,497
Backwards.

• #1,498
nah, I got it from a good source its Janet Jackson.

• #1,499
Nope. Until Jason tells us differently, it's him in drag.

• #1,500
And we want him to wear that outfit for the meet 'n' greet in Chicago!

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service