• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
Cleaning is an after thought right now. Here's a partial list of my to-do's:

*Find contractor to replace bathtub, paint bathroom
Paint bedrooms (4) and get carpet replaced
Paint all other rooms in house
Paint inside walls of garage
*Organize office
*Organize, clean out attic
*Organize, clean out garage
*Organize closets
*Hold yard sale
*Trim bushes, edge lawn, etc.
Plant bushes, flowers, etc.
*Re-stain deck
Powerwash house
*Find electrician to hang ceiling fans, add outlets
*Hold 2-3 shows per week and recruit more to pay for these things and DS's college coming up in the Fall!

I KNOW there are additional things on my list but I can't breathe already! (The *'d items must be done by the beginning of June - big graduation party with lots of house guests.)

Yes, I do all those things. DH works long hours and is totally unhandy. I prefer to do projects on my own when he is at work or traveling. Once we moved to a new home (with 5 children) and he left for a business trip for 6 weeks. When he returned I had painted the entire interior of the house.

He can't see the weeds nor the marks on the walls that need to be covered by new paint. His "chores" include mowing the lawn, taking out the garbage, making and bringing me coffee in the morning and making most of the money to pay for everything. And pampering me when I need it.:p

Sounds like you've worked out a perfect division of labor for yourselves. It also sounds like you've got a lot of work to do.

I guess that means you'll have less time to spend here ion CS. Hmm. Maybe I've got a shot now at being the ultimate thread killer.

raebates said:
I guess that means you'll have less time to spend here ion CS. Hmm. Maybe I've got a shot now at being the ultimate thread killer.
I don't think so... I will be on here more than I should and I definitely will make sure that I am the thread killer here! I am known to be persistant!

Persistent . . . stubborn . . . it's a fine line. I should know!

puhleeeeeeze let me kill it

No! Mine! Mine! Mine!

raebates said:
Persistent . . . stubborn . . . it's a fine line. I should know!
I think the progression is persistent -> stubborn -> pig-headed.

:D

Yeah, but it's easy to pass from one end of that spectrum to the other really quickly.

No, I am persistant!

(She pigheadedly says as she stomps away)

That's it, Beth. If I were you, I'd be highly offended and refuse to ever post to this thread again.

(She rubs her hands together and lets out an evil little giggle.)

raebates said:
That's it, Beth. If I were you, I'd be highly offended and refuse to ever post to this thread again.

(She rubs her hands together and lets out an evil little giggle.)
Nah... I'm thick-headed too. I can take a lot.

Sulking off into her office to get back to "organizing", wiping away the tears.

Thick-headed is OK, as long as you're not thick-witted.

I didn't mean to make Beth cry, but now that she's sulking in her office, I have a chance to kill this thing.

Hee, hee.

raebates said:
I didn't mean to make Beth cry, but now that she's sulking in her office, I have a chance to kill this thing.

Hee, hee.
oh! SO YOU THINK! I had to take a break to answer the phone and it's right by my computer - ha ha ha!!

And, yes, TKG, we were talking about you.:p

Darn! I was so sure I had a chance of winning.

That's what I say every time I buy a Powerball ticket. That's my retirement program but those dumb guys never pick my numbers!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's what I say every time I buy a Powerball ticket. That's my retirement program but those dumb guys never pick my numbers!
Yep. That's DH's retirement plan too.

chefann said:
I think the progression is persistent -> stubborn -> pig-headed.

:D

Did someone call my name??? I FINALLY finished and submitted my damn taxes!!! Once again, I make the resolution to keep up with things better next year. What this means is...I will now post all of my expenses Jan through April and then ignore it until next April 1st!!!!:eek: (Hmmm stubborn?? Me??)

I actually like it once I get going, but getting going is like climbing Mount Everest with a pair of tennis shoes and no food!!!:eek:

And Beth I have a similar list with a full time job...and my DB is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine at the bottom of the ocean. That is why he is not my DH!!!!

...and you're still dating, why was that again? :confused:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
...and you're still dating, why was that again? :confused:

Oh KG...that's a whole nother Oprah show!!!!:)

And it would take Prince Charming to even have me entertain the idea of marriage again! He ain't out there and I am no Cinderella either!:D

well, seeing as how I have killed 5 or 6 threads out there so far tonight, let's see about this one too! (self inflicted pity party!! ha!) C'mon KG, tell me "wrong" again!

Wrong...
Per your request, of course.

Sneaking in here after midnight hoping to end this once and for all!

BethCooks4U said:
Sneaking in here after midnight hoping to end this once and for all!

nope, sorry, Beth:p

Ha! So the secret to killing this baby is insomnia! Well, I've got a lot of that... I may have to work all day and have a social life at night, but dog-gonnit I've had insomnia for over a month now and this baby ain't lettin' up, so y'all might as well forfit, because I make it my goal to kill all threads before heading to bed!

Nope. We're too persistent to let you kill it.

But persistance pays off!

Leah - to answer your question like 50 gazillion posts ago - I think I decided to do my paper on Sarbanes-Oxley and its effect in Corporate America. The mindset I have to to review the past 5 years since SOX was first passed and see if things are any better. I think that should get me to 40 pages.

Maybe if they think I keep disappearing they will stop talking and then I can have the last word

Us? Stop talking? You're living in a dream world, buddy.

We did miss you, though.

oh my Jason, you decided to show up again?!?!

I've been learking in and out but not really posting.

Well Jason that makes two of us.... I am learking in and out and not posting a whole lot either..... The end of tax season is finaly here ( my day job) and I am boggled down with my spring term at school... yeah case studies...got to love them!!!! Your paper sounds impressive ...

You're learking?I'm leaking.There's a miniature Lake Mead in the next room and I'm waiting for maintenence. This hotel is going to throw me out. (See my Holiday Inn thread.)

TKG,

You are nothing but trouble. But seriously, I feel your pain. I worked 3rd shift for 25 years and I know how awful it is when everything goes against getting that little bit of sleep!

I don't think you feel my pain as much as you want to try to kill this thread.:p

Seriously! I do feel your pain! How can you think that of me?

Darn! He figured it out!

oh my!!!!! 12 hours with no new posts!!!

Beth, betcha thought you did it huh?!?!?

i do my best!!

Yes, I know you do!:p

Ahhh, just doin' my part to keep the thread alive.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're learking?

I'm leaking.

There's a miniature Lake Mead in the next room and I'm waiting for maintenence. This hotel is going to throw me out. (See my Holiday Inn thread.)

As long as you are not lactating then I think everything is ok :)

Opened up THAT door for a bunch of "fun" comments

Oh, my!

Nice try, Jason, but even that comment won't keep me away. No way I'm letting you win.

Ha, ha, ha, ha...

Stayin' ALLLIIIIVVVEEE...oh oh yeah...(Bee Gees!!):D

Jason, maybe you should do your paper on why you are incapable of lactating. Ok, it would only take a sentence and can be done in 5 to 10 words, but it is a more universal theme!!

I wonder if some estrogen shots could make a man lactate?
Prolactin shots?

TMI Warning - Adult Content FollowsI don't know about lactating but estrogen is how some female impersonators develop a bust.

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

Related to Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service