• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Thread Killers Club and Embrace Your Fate!

In summary, the conversation discusses the thread killers and how they often act. One person talks about how they are a thread killer on another forum and another person talks about how they are a thread killer on a Mac forum. Finally, someone talks about being a thread killer again.
I'm sure you're right, Beth.

I have to chuckle every time the others refer to you as Mom. My son has a huge group of friends. They all call me Momma Bates. (My son assures me this is the correct spelling for their usage.) If I am within a 30-mile radius of our little town and refer to myself this way in the presence of anyone between the ages of 18 and 25, there is a really good chance they'll "know" me. I mother lots of young adults and several of my contemporaries. Some of us are just born moms. ;)

I have 5 sons and always signed cards from us and "the boys". They hated that or so they said. My myspace name is "momoftheboys" and my name on Myspace is "Mom" - I am only on there so I can see the pics my sons put up there on their spaces and on their band's site. - well now thanks to CS I actually have more friends than just my kids!

My youngest has a large group of friends that "live" at our house and I am "mom" to all of them too. I'm good with that - not ready to be gramma to them yet... I know, TKG! I am a gramma but we'll keep that quiet for now.

My son set up my myspace. It's a great way to keep tabs on him and many of his friends. The fun thing is when his buddies say, "Dude, your mom has a zillion myspace friends!"Of course, with my new CS friends on myspace, I have well over a zillion.

raebates said:
My son set up my myspace. It's a great way to keep tabs on him and many of his friends. The fun thing is when his buddies say, "Dude, your mom has a zillion myspace friends!"

Of course, with my new CS friends on myspace, I have well over a zillion.
I'm so jealous. I think I only have a septillion.

Wow, I'm really jealous,I don't have friends. Once the kiddos came along the friends went away. I tried to tell them that it wasn't contagious. :rolleyes:

GO TO BED!! What's wrong with y'all!?

amy07 said:
Wow, I'm really jealous,I don't have friends. Once the kiddos came along the friends went away. I tried to tell them that it wasn't contagious. :rolleyes:

You and me both Amy.. all my friends went out the door once I had a child and really went out the door when I got married!!! LOL:rolleyes:

speedychef said:
GO TO BED!! What's wrong with y'all!?
Some of us are working.

Hardly working, you realize.

Had to stop in and say hi and good bye before we leave to visit the in-laws.

Now y'all keep this thread going!

BethCooks4U said:
I have a friend who just moved to :confused: Davenport??? (at border of IL and WI and IA) and my sister lives in Winterset.

Rae: I doubt it will ever die. We will post it to death but it will not die.

Beth,
Dubuque is at the border of IA, IL and WI. Davenport is about 100 miles south of there (Davenport is one of the Quad Cities) My town, Clinton, is about halfway between Dubuque and Davenport. If you're taking I-80 towards Des Moines, right after you cross the Mississippi, you will see an exit for Clinton.
:) Just a little geography lesson! :)

chefjenibel said:
Beth,
Dubuque is at the border of IA, IL and WI. Davenport is about 100 miles south of there (Davenport is one of the Quad Cities) My town, Clinton, is about halfway between Dubuque and Davenport. If you're taking I-80 towards Des Moines, right after you cross the Mississippi, you will see an exit for Clinton.
Okay, then it's Dubuque that she just moved to. I knew it was one of those "D" towns in Iowa.:rolleyes:

And, yes, I am away. I am in Mobile, AL tonight.

chefjenibel said:
Beth,
Clinton is named for a politician, but not that politician. In fact, this Clinton ran for President but lost.

Oh, the next town west is named for the same politician. (And don't get steamed up over this water-powered post.

So jenibel gives you a geography lesson and I give you a trivial lesson. ;)

Oh, stop it. Go look it up.

What happened?! Did someone let KG win or something? I don't THINK SO!

I've been to Clinton! Nice airport...

Good morning!Just doing my part to keep the thread alive.

Rae, Sorry couldn't let you kill it either!
Hope everyone has a great Easter with family and friends!

speedychef said:
What happened?! Did someone let KG win or something? I don't THINK SO!

I've been to Clinton! Nice airport...

Have you SERIOUSLY been to the Clinton airport? What bi-plane were you in?!?! It has got to be the smallest postage stamp of an airport I have ever seen! :p

Hey, KG, don't steal my "Clinton" thunder!

BTW- for those of you who actually care, it's named after DeWitt Clinton...... ;)

You can read about the "little" highway that goes through our city on KG's blog.......

maybe this time i'll actually kill it......almost did yesterday......

chefjenibel said:
Have you SERIOUSLY been to the Clinton airport? What bi-plane were you in?!?! It has got to be the smallest postage stamp of an airport I have ever seen! :p Hey, KG, don't steal my "Clinton" thunder! BTW- for those of you who actually care, it's named after DeWitt Clinton...... ;) You can read about the "little" highway that goes through our city on KG's blog...[/SIZE]
I was just trying to use DeWitt to tell people about Clinton - I'm not Lyon, either.You can read about Clinton's (and DeWitt's) place in history on the Iowa Lincoln Highway Association page that is part of the Lincoln Highway official website.And yes, I have written articles about it for the above listed site, and on both http://jrmanning.com/ and on my old blog, too.

Last edited:
chefjenibel said:
Have you SERIOUSLY been to the Clinton airport? What bi-plane were you in?!?! It has got to be the smallest postage stamp of an airport I have ever seen! :p

You might want to visit the airport on June 22, 23, and 24, 2007 for the http://www.balloonsinjune.us/ festival!

http://www.balloonsinjune.us/images/435_IMG_0051_copy.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You might want to visit the airport on June 22, 23, and 24, 2007 for the http://www.balloonsinjune.us/ festival!

http://www.balloonsinjune.us/images/435_IMG_0051_copy.jpg

Yeah, KG, you'd fit right in with a gathering of things filled with hot air! :p

Official Easter greetings!http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/tn_bunny.gif

Happy Easter, Everyone!

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/easterbunnies.jpg

I know I should have waited...But I just mugged the Easter Bunny in the front yard and I'm eating a Cadbury Caramel Egg.I'm happy and he's limping to the house next door.

Happy Easter!

raebates said:
Yeah, KG, you'd fit right in with a gathering of things filled with hot air! :p
Nah, I stay away from our state capitol building.

Happy Easter to all!

WOWSERS! I truly did not realize that I was creating a monster (thread) when I started this! :p

This is, by it's very name, a never-ending thread!And just 'cause you started it doesn't mean we're going to let you kill it, either!

:D thanks...

Still kickin'!

I have been to the Clinton Airport, and I was in a twin ENGINE airplane, not twin wings! I might have to stop by for that balloon thing. I'd love to go for a ride! I've never been. Been in an airplane, a glider, a helicopter...skydiving...all of it, but never a hot air balloon!

Skydiving???Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane?:confused:

Good morninng everyone! Glad to see you guys were still busy on Easter!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Skydiving???

Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

:confused:

My thoughts exactly. I would never jump out of a plane that wasn't going down in flames. I also don't run unless something really big and scary is chasing me.

amy07 said:
Good morninng everyone! Glad to see you guys were still busy on Easter!
Some people slept through it - they had visits from the Ether Bunny.

oh, my..........it's been several hours and no new posts?!?!?!
No way can I let KG kill this!

amy07 said:
I was just checking in to give this thread CPR but I see Amy beat me to it!:rolleyes:

amy07 said:
:p :p :p :p :p :p

well, guess I'll have to revive it again!;)

Charging.

Clear!

[Zap!!]

[Beep. Beep. Beep.]

Thread revived!

This thread has nine lives!

BethCooks4U said:
This thread has nine lives!

You think so? I lost count at 253.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Let's see... I think this one is life 643.

I'll add one more!

no way are you gonna kill it!

Since when?:D Are you saying...I brought you into this website, I can take you out of this website too!"?:p

do you think we all need a hobby? Or is this it?!?!

If this is everyone's hobby, we're all in a sad state.Of course, right now, I'm in the state of Indiana and I don't know if that's sad or not.

As a hoosier, born and raised, I can answer that. Yes, it's sad.No offense to fellow hoosiers. I moved away and chose to come back. Home is home.

<h2>1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?</h2><p>The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.</p><h2>2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?</h2><p>If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!</p><h2>3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?</h2><p>Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.</p><h2>4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?</h2><p>One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.</p><h2>5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?</h2><p>There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.</p>

1. What is the Thread Killers Club and how do I join?

The Thread Killers Club is a group for people who have a tendency to "kill" online forum threads by being the last person to comment, resulting in no further discussion. To join, simply search for the Thread Killers Club forum and request to join.

2. How do you know if you are a thread killer?

If you consistently find yourself being the last person to comment on forum threads, or if you notice a lack of responses after you post, it's likely that you are a thread killer. Don't worry, it's a common phenomenon!

3. Can being a thread killer be a good thing?

Yes, being a thread killer can have its benefits. You may be the person who sparks a new topic or provides a conclusive answer to a question. Plus, being a thread killer can also be a source of humor and self-awareness.

4. How can I break the cycle of being a thread killer?

One way to break the cycle is to actively engage in discussions and ask open-ended questions to encourage others to participate. You can also try to be the first to comment on a new thread instead of waiting until the end.

5. Are there any other thread killers in the Pampered Chef community?

There may be other thread killers in the community, but don't let that discourage you! The Thread Killers Club is a fun and supportive space for all thread killers, so feel free to embrace your fate and join the club.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
Ashery
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service