• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Is My Baby Okay? Praying for Good News at My Ultrasound Today!

In summary, Kelly is prepping for her ultrasound and is scared about the results. She is reassured by her friends and family.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Today is my day for my ultrasound. They will measure the baby to be sure he/she is developing properly, and hopefully tell us if it's a boy or a girl!

When I was preggo with Evan, I don't remember being so worried about the baby and losing it. To make matters worse, even though I will be 20 weeks along tomorrow, I still don't feel the baby very often. It's probably happened (faintly) about 5 times in the past few weeks. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes cuz I am so worried aobut what they will find. Not about the sex, but about the baby. DH knows that I am worried, but I don't think he realizes just how much I am worried. All the sudden it is real and I am so scared something is wrong. Please keep me in your prayers today!

Kelly, sending hugs and prayers your way. When I was pregnant with Parker, he didn't move much until later on in my pergnancy and I was so worried being 36 and had to go through all the testing.
I will be thinking about you, please let us know how it goes :)

Oh, Kelly! You are definitely in my prayers. It'll be okay honey! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Kelly you'll be in my prayers!!

Kelly, I am praying for you. But, you must be positive!!! The baby can feel every emotion you're feeling, so s/he knows that you're worried! I know it's easier said then done and you can't help feel what you feel. Just listen to your body and not your head!! You may be worried because of stories you've made up in your head!!!

Everything will be fine!!! :) Good luck! ((((HUGS)))))

I think it's normal to be scared and think the worst before any kind of medical procedure. Prayers for you and your baby Kelly! When I was pregnant, DS didn't move as much as I thought (or heard) that he should too - now he's a ball of energy! Try to be calm today, tell the Dr. your fears and see what he/she says. And then let us know so we can relax too.

PChefPEI said:
Kelly, I am praying for you. But, you must be positive!!! The baby can feel every emotion you're feeling, so s/he knows that you're worried! I know it's easier said then done and you can't help feel what you feel. Just listen to your body and not your head!! You may be worried because of stories you've made up in your head!!!

Everything will be fine!!! :) Good luck! ((((HUGS)))))

I know! I know! This is the first time in almost 20 weeks that I have allowed myself to get all worked up about it. It must be that today is the big day, and now all of the emotions are coming up. I am trying to stay focused, praying about it, but I am just a mess.

We are supposed to go to lunch beforehand (as in ALL OF US! DH, my step daughter who is 16 and sooooo excited about going to the ultrasound, my stepson who is 13, and Evan who is 3) and normally I would be so excited about that! Geesh! I pray that the Lord takes this fear from me so I can rest in Him and enjoy this day with my family.

Thanks for the responses and the prayers! I knew that I could count on you all!

I'll thinking of you today Kelly and saying a prayer.

Try and enjoy your day with your family. Everything will be okay! Keep us posted!

Kelly,

I am praying for you. I understand how you feel about being worried. The weekend I found out I was pregnant I had back problems (some of u may remember I think I posted it here) and I worried up until my ultrasoun b/c I had just used them "stems" treatment that weekend on it and then heard it could affect the baby. Cole is perferctly fine!

Although, I had been through pregancy once I was worried this time off and on too. I think as a mother we naturally just worry!!! I will pray all is fine and that you can enjoy the day.

Let us know how great it went and scan and post those pics!

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you today. I hope all goes well and the stress turns out to be for nothing.:)

Kelly,
I'll be thinking of you.
I remember feeling this way a lot w/ my 3rd, having 2 other pregnancy's to compare it too just made me nervous all the time. Like they say every one is different.
But he was a perfect and healthy 8.6 boy !

Kelly I am thinking about you and pray that it all goes ok. Make sure you update us when you get back!

Kelly - I hope it all goes o.k. and your fears are calmed. Remember each child is different and as we get older our bodies change. Just figure the little one is tucked up comfortably in you and focused on growing and when you're comfortable, why squirm?! :)I'll pray today that everything is fine and God gives you a healthy baby through all this.

Prayers going up!

Drink something sugary at lunch -- I drank orange soda (no caffeine.) Got the baby jumping around, and gave us some great views.

Of course, that was 12 years ago... the ultrasound equpiment they have now is amazingly clear!

I can't wait to hear all about your little munchkin! Be sure to report back!

Hugs -
J.

Thinking of you today Kelly! Keep us posted!

(((Hugs))) and prayers coming your way Kelly! Think positive thoughts and let us know how it goes.

KellyTheChef said:
I know! I know! This is the first time in almost 20 weeks that I have allowed myself to get all worked up about it. It must be that today is the big day, and now all of the emotions are coming up. I am trying to stay focused, praying about it, but I am just a mess.

We are supposed to go to lunch beforehand (as in ALL OF US! DH, my step daughter who is 16 and sooooo excited about going to the ultrasound, my stepson who is 13, and Evan who is 3) and normally I would be so excited about that! Geesh! I pray that the Lord takes this fear from me so I can rest in Him and enjoy this day with my family.

Thanks for the responses and the prayers! I knew that I could count on you all!

Well then, what a great way to take your mind off of it all! Have a wonderful lunch and day with your family and make sure to let us know how the ultrasound goes. I'll be thinking of you! :)

I didn't feel my kids move much prior to about 22 weeks. I think the only reason I really felt what I felt before then was because there were two of them in there bouncing off each other...room was at a premium. :) But I understand completely that it's a mother's right to worry. Just remember that you have a whole network of Cheffers here thinking of you and praying for you!!! Keep us updated and like someone else already requested, post a pic or two when you get back from your ultrasound! Congrats, Momma...these are the days to celebrate!

I will be praying for you today...Relax and enjoy the day with your family...Everything will be fine, it is just your nerves playing with you! You will be so excited when you see the baby on your ultrasound.

Sending you big {{{HUGS}}}! I will keep you in my prayers today. Please let us posted.

praying for you sweetie.

Sending prayers for you and the baby's health and for an enjoyable family time today with the stepchildrenDo you have gestational diabetes? My kids didn't move when I had it 2 out of 3 pregnancies

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! :) keep us posted please!

Hey girl. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your little sweet pea. Keep us posted and I hope all is well. Hugs!

Kelly~ I can understand what you are going through! I remember when I was prego with my DD! I spent more time stressing over her in the beginning than I did when I was prego with my DS! I think that's because I had a miscarriage between my two kids.
But I want to tell you something that I was taught then by a dear Christian friend and something that my pastor reinforces almost every week!
God does not give us a spirit of fear! I don't know the address in the bible, I have never been good at quoting where I found the scripture but I know the Word and I know it's true!
Now I know you are a believer, so I'm going to tell you now, that God's will is for you to have a strong and healthy pregnancy and that your baby is created by Him in Love. It says in the bible that children are a gift from The Lord! And He just loves the little children! It also says to know Gods' word and believe that what you pray is yours and you will have it! You ask God for what you want.... a healthy baby, and know that it IS His will to give you that, and then continuously praise Him for His Answer because it is "YES!" He will give you a strong and healthy baby, and just give Him your fear!!
Fear comes from the enemy and as I tell my DD when she is fearful ~ "Give it to God, praise Him for your safety, and then Kick that nasty ol' devil to the curb!" I tell her to tell the enemy "to get out of my head and go away, I am a child of God and you have no place in my head!" Because that is where the fear is coming from and the devil is doing a happy dance when you are stressed and worried and full of fear! Because you can't have faith and fear at the same time... it just can't be...Have faith and stand strong, you are a devoted child of God and pray and praise.... don't keep asking Him, He already says YES, because as I said, it's His will, and just praise, continuously!! God brought me through both my preganancies, where there were complications and I was always safe because I knew He said yes! And I praised Him all the time! I must have said this a couple hundred times a day, any time the fear tried to creep in I'd say.... "Thank You for a strong and healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby that will serve You her whole life! Amen!" And I have two beautiful children that serve the Lord!
I am not holy rolling here! I am giving you The Word and trying to build your faith. Because your faith that God is in control of this pregnancy is what's going to bring you peace and bring you through this victoriously!
I look forward to hearing your praise report today! I will pray for you as I told you to pray... because I KNOW THAT I KNOW THAT I KNOW, that is works!
I love ya, Kelly!

Sending my prayers & thoughts to you....

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way Kelly, you and baby will be just fine :)

Sending up prayers for you for a good outcome and peace.

I went through the same thing with 2nd pregnancy. I think since we know what to expect after the 1st, we tend to worry if it isn't exactly the same. Just remember that no 2 pregnancies are the same. I went through some very stressful times during my pregnancy. Right before (or maybe after...don't remember right now) I couldn't feel Em kicking like I had been able to. I got myself all worked up & then lost it on the phone w/the nurse. She told me to 1st off, calm down. That was part of the problem. Then she told me to drink really cold ice water & to rub ice cubes across my belly. It worked. Boy was she hopping around then. I know that sometimes things are easier said than done but try really hard not to stress out too much. Then go sit down in an ice bath...lol.

any word yet??? I have been thinking about you all day

Hi all...first off I want to thank ALL OF YOU for your prayers, your kind words, and the incredible family of faith that I feel we have here on CS. When I got off CS this morning, I went to take a bath and get ready. When I had a few moments of quiet in the bathtub, I spent them quietly praying and asking God to remove the fear that SATAN had been placing in my mind. He is awesome, holy, and always there! He lifted the fear from me and I was able to go and enjoy our lunch out together. If anyone knows about it, we went to Quaker Steak and Lube and I had yummy wings and onion rings!

As for the appt, the baby is GREAT! Heart beat was 147, and baby weighs 12 oz right now. All of the measurements and weight are right where they should be. The ultrasound tech said that I may not be feeling movements cuz of where the placenta attached. It's kindof towards the front, so the baby's movements would have to be strong enough right now to be felt THROUGH the placenta. So, that explains why I haven't felt much of anything.

Now for the big news......

Do you want to know the sex of the baby?

KELLY!!!! So tell us already!!!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I Hate Suspense!!!!

I would guess by the swimmers that it's a girl... but maybe not... ;)

It's a............................................................

healthy baby!

Gotcha!:angel:

Oh come on!!!

Kelly - could they tell or you just aren't letting us know!~

Kelly, you're bad. I check in while at work and you are killin' us with the supsense!:)

This is what we get for praying all day? HA!

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

Congratulations and I'm glad the little one is ok.

Many of you know that I wanted a girl....but I prayed about having peace about whatever happened today. I knew that even if something was WRONG, that God would get me through it. I am so happy and thrilled that he looks healthy and is growing the way he should...that I can't be upset it's not a girl!

I had it in my head that I wanted to have a close Mom-Daughter relationship with my child. I could see me being a supportive Grandma through a pregnancy and all. Now I will have to keep praying for a Godly wife for all THREE of my boys (one step son, two mine) and a Godly DH for my step daughter.

Yep. No mistaking it! It's a boy!

KellyTheChef said:

Wahooooo! Congrats! I just knew everything would be fine! Thank you Jesus!:angel:

Sorry about the suspense...I am just so happy that I had to tease y'all just a bit!

Congrats Kelly, I am so happy for you!

Congratulations! As a mom of 5 sons who really wanted a girl I can tell you that even though I still long for that mother/daughter thing I'll never have I wouldn't have wanted any children but the ones God gave me.

I am so happy everything is good for you!

Girl, you are bad, that was not nice to keep us all on the edge of our seats :)
Yeah, a boy, I have 2 boys a 1 girl, I prayed for that girl and she is drama queen handful. My boys are as sweet as the days are long and so much easier. I love my sweet daughter, but I have my hands full :)
I am so happy for you :)

Heather 223, why are you stressed?

<h2>1. Is it normal to feel anxious before an ultrasound?</h2><p>It is completely normal to feel anxious before an ultrasound. It is a big milestone in your pregnancy and it's natural to worry about the health and development of your baby.</p><h2>2. What will the ultrasound technician be looking for during my appointment?</h2><p>The ultrasound technician will be measuring your baby's growth and checking for any potential abnormalities or issues with development. They will also be able to determine the sex of your baby if you choose to find out.</p><h2>3. How often should I feel my baby move at 20 weeks?</h2><p>Every pregnancy is different, so there is no set number of times you should feel your baby move at 20 weeks. However, it is important to pay attention to your baby's movements and report any significant changes to your doctor.</p><h2>4. What can I do to help ease my anxiety before the ultrasound?</h2><p>Some things you can do to help ease your anxiety before the ultrasound include talking to your partner or a trusted friend, practicing deep breathing or relaxation techniques, and reminding yourself that worrying won't change the outcome.</p><h2>5. What if the ultrasound reveals something is wrong with my baby?</h2><p>If the ultrasound reveals any concerns about your baby's health, your doctor will discuss the next steps with you. Remember to stay positive and trust in your healthcare team to provide the best care for you and your baby.</p>

1. Is it normal to feel anxious before an ultrasound?

It is completely normal to feel anxious before an ultrasound. It is a big milestone in your pregnancy and it's natural to worry about the health and development of your baby.

2. What will the ultrasound technician be looking for during my appointment?

The ultrasound technician will be measuring your baby's growth and checking for any potential abnormalities or issues with development. They will also be able to determine the sex of your baby if you choose to find out.

3. How often should I feel my baby move at 20 weeks?

Every pregnancy is different, so there is no set number of times you should feel your baby move at 20 weeks. However, it is important to pay attention to your baby's movements and report any significant changes to your doctor.

4. What can I do to help ease my anxiety before the ultrasound?

Some things you can do to help ease your anxiety before the ultrasound include talking to your partner or a trusted friend, practicing deep breathing or relaxation techniques, and reminding yourself that worrying won't change the outcome.

5. What if the ultrasound reveals something is wrong with my baby?

If the ultrasound reveals any concerns about your baby's health, your doctor will discuss the next steps with you. Remember to stay positive and trust in your healthcare team to provide the best care for you and your baby.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • calebsmom0822
  • General Chat
Replies