• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's a Girl! Excited to Get 4D Ultrasound Pics

In summary, the speaker had an ultrasound and found out they were having a girl. They were supposed to get a 4D picture, but the machine was broken so they have to come back tomorrow to use the new machine. They are excited to see the baby's face and have two potential names picked out - Brooklyn and Baylor. The conversation also includes discussions about baby names, sports teams, and nicknames for the baby.
gilliandanielle
Hey guys! I had my ultrasound today and the doctor said that she couldn't be more sure about the gender. All the parts and pieces were there and the baby waved to us and was playing with the umbilical cord. They confirmed that my placenta was right up front (I thought so because I don't feel the kicks often enough) so they baby kicks the crap out of it all day, LOL!

I was supposed to get a 4D picture, but the machine was broken so I just got a regular ultrasound. As we were leaving the new machine was delivered, so my doc asked me to come back tomorrow at 1 so I could be the first to use it!! I am so excited to get 4D pics because the baby wouldn't show it's face much.

Alright, alright..... it's a ....................................................... GIRL!!!!

My DD is thrilled to be getting a roomate and told me that it was a girl from day 1!!

How exciting!!! I bet the 4 -D pictures will be awesome!! Maybe your little girl will do what my son did when I carried him. He uesd to stretch his little legs out and step on my bladder!!:eek: :eek: :eek: Especially when he was closer to full term...I could easily have a "Depends Moment" at any time. He's 16 now and still loves to hear me tell about this. He has this evil little grin too!!:rolleyes:

Enjoy the new technology and start getting "in the pink"!!!! Congratulations!:)
Ann

congrats i have 4 girls and 1 boy i love my children to death but the girls are more fun to dress

Post baby's face here...

baby_girl_carriage.jpg

Congrats on winning one for the team!! Girls rule! Girls rule!!! :D

What's a 4D picture?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :p :p :p

okay...I see know...Congrats. and the name will be????? Valky

Congrats Gillian....any names yet?

Cute Darby!!

A 4D ultrasound is where you can see the baby moving in 3D. Regular ultrasounds are a little hard to tell what part is what, but the 3D pic will look like a real live baby without the color. I will post it if we get a good one so you guys can see.

Valky- We have two girl names right now, so we will pick one or go with something totally different. We had a solid boy name, so that is why the baby is a girl, LOL!

Our two names that we like are Brooklyn and Baylor...

YOU ARE SUCH A BRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA.
THAT IS AWESOME GILLIAN!! We are very happy for you!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Time to organize her Nursery!

Congratulations Gillian! I'm so happy for you!

gilliandanielle said:
Cute Darby!!

A 4D ultrasound is where you can see the baby moving in 3D. Regular ultrasounds are a little hard to tell what part is what, but the 3D pic will look like a real live baby without the color. I will post it if we get a good one so you guys can see.

Valky- We have two girl names right now, so we will pick one or go with something totally different. We had a solid boy name, so that is why the baby is a girl, LOL!

Our two names that we like are Brooklyn and Baylor...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Brooklyn!!!;)
Its a New York thing.....:cool: :cool: :cool:

My DH is a huge red-sox fan and I keep reminding him that the Brooklyn says Yankee fan! He really loves it. I love Brooklyn, but am not crazy about Brooke, which is going to be her nickname whether I like it or not...

Very Cute!

you can always nickname her Rookie...goes with the baseball theme. :)

Rookie Wright..... hmmmm! LMAO!!

Ginger428 said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Brooklyn!!!;)
Its a New York thing.....:cool: :cool: :cool:
Congrats Gill! Girls rule, I have 2 of them!
And BTW... Brookelyn Rene is my baby daugthers name!!!!:)

I heard it on one of my soaps and so I left it to DH to decide if he liked Tiffany or B better and so he chose B!

Everyone thought it was very cute and orginal when we named her!

Does everyone call her Brooke?? Everytime I hear Brooke I think of Brooke Hogan.... ewwwwww!

gilliandanielle said:
My DH is a huge red-sox fan and I keep reminding him that the Brooklyn says Yankee fan! He really loves it. I love Brooklyn, but am not crazy about Brooke, which is going to be her nickname whether I like it or not...

YIKES!!! Red Sox!!!.........noooooooooooooooooooooooooo:eek: :eek:
But actually, The Yankees are in Da Bronx!;) :cool:
Ginger <-----------VERY VERY BIG Yankee Fan:cool:
But either way, I still like the name Brooklyn:D

Aw Congrats Gillian!!! :D I like Brooklyn. Too Cute! :D

No, only 1 uncle calls her Brooke for short. Everyone else calls her by her full name, it just sounds cuter I think.

Umm, who is Brooke Hogan? Do I even want to know???

Both my other kids go by their full names, but strangers still shorten. Alexia becomes Lexi (GRRRR!) and Colton become Cole (STOP!!) and it drives me crazy.

Brooke Hogan is Hulk Hogan's daughter. I think she is stupid and a horrible singer who only has a CD out because of who her dad is. The daughter of a "professional" wrestler? Please!

Oh, I loved Alexia too, that was on my list of potentials at the time but DH opted for Kaiya (1st daugther) instead. I also love Colton for a boys name! Too bad we are done, no boys for me! :(

Boys are fun, but LOTS of energy. My son bounces off the walls while my daughter just sits on the floor playing with her barbies... I hope this baby is calm too or I am going to go NUTS with three!!

oh well
gilliandanielle said:
Rookie Wright..... hmmmm! LMAO!!

Has a nice ring to it...And it will be different. LOL Valky

I told you that I told my DH when our DD was born that I wanted her to have both of our names conjoined. He didn't like the thought of her being named Valliam. I was crushed! (JK) :D Valky

Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
Boys are fun, but LOTS of energy. My son bounces off the walls while my daughter just sits on the floor playing with her barbies... I hope this baby is calm too or I am going to go NUTS with three!!
Umm no, my older daughter bounces off walls all day long! She's been that way since she was little... stopped taking any naps at 1, sad for me no breaks at all for the day! B is calmer though so I am hoping she will be mellow as she gets older!

Uggg! My kids are going to nap until jr high!! My 3 year old tries to stay up but crashes by 4!

Congratulations, Gillian!!!!

That's so exciting to have another girl on the way!!!!

Congrats!

yummy4tummy said:
I told you that I told my DH when our DD was born that I wanted her to have both of our names conjoined. He didn't like the thought of her being named Valliam. I was crushed! (JK) :D Valky

What a shame. I imagine she would be such a calm child. :D

Congratulations, Gillian! What a blessing.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, Gillian!:)

Awe,
Congrats Gillian!
How exciting!!!!

raebates said:
What a shame. I imagine she would be such a calm child. :D

Thus, the OTHER reason why it wouldn't have been a good name choice!
Maybe IF I had named her that she may have lived up to the name? :rolleyes: Valky

CONGRATULATIONS GILLIAN!!! 2 GIRLS!!!​

Congratulations Gillian! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see the 4D picture!

When we named our son Micah, I was afraid that people would shorten it to Mike - but so far only one neighbor insists on calling him Mikey:mad: no matter how many times I correct him!

Thanks ladies! I am so excited to bust out all the pink stuff again! My DD is exstatic and has asked me 15 times already if there is a girl baby in my tummy... we'll see how she feels when the new roommate is crying all night!!

yummy4tummy said:
Thus, the OTHER reason why it wouldn't have been a good name choice!
Maybe IF I had named her that she may have lived up to the name? :rolleyes: Valky

I know too many Angels who aren't to believe that. :D

Congratulations on knowing it's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! My mom for ever and ever told everyone that our names are Jennifer and David...not Jen and Dave....for about 15 years she got her way, but then our friends started shortening it! Although immediate and extended family wise, I am still Jennifer and he will always be David!

Congrats Gillian. I wanted a girl so bad but I was blessed with two boys and my sister is due in a couple of weeks and I told her she has to have a girl so I can buy pink and barbies. I can't wait to see the 4D picture.

I think you have to resign yourself to the fact that there's always going to be someone who feels the need to make a nickname, even after you ask them not to. My grandfather frequently called my sister Erica "Ricky", which my mom absolutely detested. She would tell him that "Her name is Erica or Carie, and she's not a boy!"

Congrats!!

Yay - PINK!!!

I thin kyou should name her Carolyn ;)

Congratulations, Gillian! That ultrasound sounds really neat!

Congratulations Gillian! I'm very excited for you!

dannyzmom said:
Yay - PINK!!!

I thin kyou should name her Carolyn ;)
You are so funny!!!!

Congratulations Gillian!!!!!

Congratulations Gillian! I love the name Brooklyn - my daughter is Madolyn (she's almost 6) and she'll tell people her name is not Maddie but Madolyn. I always thought before she was born I would shorten her name but I never do - it's just too pretty! And remember you'll be the one talking to her the most - so hopefully people will get a clue!

Congrats! it's a GIRL!So happy for you Gillian!

I just finished my daughters baby shower last weekend. BLUE everywhere! lol:) A "first" grandchild on the way in March. She's having a boy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • ChefJoyJ
  • General Chat
Replies