• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok. There's This Girl From My Church That I'm Pretty Good Friends

In summary, a friend of mine invited me to a princess house party she's hosting and I'm really upset because it's like she doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. I'm going to the party anyway but I'm going to be wearing PC clothing and carrying my catlog tote to show my support. I'm also going to try to talk to her after the show about scheduling the party.
tabnat80
Gold Member
Ok. There's this girl from my church that I'm pretty good friends with. We are in the same Bunco group and have kids the same age. Anyways, I always bring my pampered chef recipes with me to bunco to show off my pieces. It's gotten me 2 bookings from 11 folks so far. She's always so interested in it and I have been talking to her a lot for 3 months about doing a party. She just moved a month ago and I told her that it would be a great time to do a party to show off her new house. She sounded so excited. I called her and she said she couldn't do it then because she had boxes everywhere. She said maybe in a few months. (this was 1 month ago). So, I get home today, go to my mail box, and there is an invite to her house for a princess house party!!! I am so upset. It's like a slap in my face. Anyways, I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening:eek:

tabnat80 said:
Ok. There's this girl from my church that I'm pretty good friends with. We are in the same Bunco group and have kids the same age. Anyways, I always bring my pampered chef recipes with me to bunco to show off my pieces. It's gotten me 2 bookings from 11 folks so far. She's always so interested in it and I have been talking to her a lot for 3 months about doing a party. She just moved a month ago and I told her that it would be a great time to do a party to show off her new house. She sounded so excited. I called her and she said she couldn't do it then because she had boxes everywhere. She said maybe in a few months. (this was 1 month ago). So, I get home today, go to my mail box, and there is an invite to her house for a princess house party!!! I am so upset. It's like a slap in my face. Anyways, I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening:eek:

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me when I first started. I was very hurt. I went to my friends party, had the best time I could, never brought it up, and bought the cheapest thing I could.... It happens, move on but do not count her out. One of the people that did it to me eventually had a PC show and it was over $600.

So sorry that happened to you. Some people just can't be honest.

Take it another way - go to the party - smile and wear PC wear or have a caddy sticking out of your bag - meet all her new neighbors and mention how you do shows for PC etc. You never know - one of her guests might book a show and then a whole new group of contacts -

Try to brush off the hurt and look at it in another positive note - good luck!!

PamperedDor said:
Take it another way - go to the party - smile and wear PC wear or have a caddy sticking out of your bag - meet all her new neighbors and mention how you do shows for PC etc. You never know - one of her guests might book a show and then a whole new group of contacts -

I'm not sure that this is the right thing to do. You don't want to be to overt about being a PC rep at another consultants party. Maybe make it known you are a PC rep by wearing PC clothing or something, but don't talk to anyone about it until after the other consultants demo.

And then, when the other show is done, march right up to your "friend" and say "OK, I have my calendar here, when should we schedule your PC party you've been wanting to have??" See what she says to that!

LOL, oh my sides are hurting. I can just see me stormin in wearing a pc shirt and my catlog tote in towe. LOL talk about revenge. Hahaha. Too funny!

PamperedDor said:

What is the best way to approach a girl from my church that I am friends with?

The best way to approach this situation is to be honest and open with the girl. Let her know that you value your friendship and would like to explore the possibility of taking things to the next level. Be respectful and considerate of her feelings and make sure to communicate clearly.

How do I know if the girl from my church is interested in me?

Pay attention to her body language and the way she interacts with you. If she seems to enjoy spending time with you, laughs at your jokes, and initiates conversations, there is a good chance she is interested. However, the best way to know for sure is to simply ask her directly.

Should I ask her out on a date or just hang out as friends?

This depends on what you are comfortable with and what you think the girl would prefer. If you are not sure, it is always best to communicate and ask her what she would like to do. This shows respect for her and her boundaries.

What if things don't work out and it ruins our friendship?

It is always a risk to take a friendship to a romantic level, but it is important to remember that communication is key. If things don't work out, it is important to have an open and honest conversation about it. If both parties are willing to communicate and work through any potential issues, the friendship can still be salvaged.

Is it appropriate to date someone from my church?

This ultimately depends on the policies and beliefs of your specific church. Some churches may have rules against dating within the congregation, while others may be more open to it. It is important to respect the guidelines set by your church and to also consider how a potential relationship may affect your involvement in the church community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Shari
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef