• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Did We Get a Good Peek at Our Baby Boy's Face During Our 4D Ultrasound?

That is so funny! We did it twice with our daughter and it was so hard to get a good picture the first time. I remember eating a candy bar and drinking soda before the second time so she would move.
Sheila
Gold Member
We went for a 4D u/s today. Our baby boy was turned at a weird angle & trying to hide his face. I brought home the video and went frame by frame taking a few photos here & there to try & get a good picture of his face. Didn't have much luck, but I did have fun playing with the few photos that I was able to take!!!

His eye is open in this photo. His mouth & chin are hiding behind the placenta ... that's why the photo is dark & not clear at the bottom. But you can clearly see his forehead, nose, eye & cheek.

I made this to send to our families back in the states:
SiblingSignature.jpg

4D Ultrasounds are cool! (So I hear...)That picture is just amazing!

That's pretty cool!

I agree 4D ultrasounds are cool! It's amazing to watch the baby move on screen.

They are super cheap here in Japan too! It's 5,000 Yen. When I did it in 2007 with my daughter, that converted to right at $50. The exchange rate has changed quite a bit since then, so it was about $57 this time. I hear it can easily be $175-$300 in the states! Yikes!!!

That is precious! My DD's insurance wouldn't pay for one since she was not at risk...

That's so cool!

I had a ton of ultrasounds when I was pregnant - but none of them 4D!

We had 2 with our 2nd DD, same situation, it was hard to get a good picture, but it was something we wanted to do. They did it twice for us, the first time she was sleeping and would not move. 2nd time I ate a candy bar and drank soda before to get her moving!!

We had to go back a 2nd time with our daughter also. This time, I started poking around & forced him to move just enough to get a glimpse of his face. LOL

Awesome picture, and your daughter is soooo cute!

Related to Did We Get a Good Peek at Our Baby Boy's Face During Our 4D Ultrasound?

What is a 4D ultrasound and how is it different from a traditional 2D ultrasound?

A 4D ultrasound is a type of ultrasound that produces live, moving images of the baby in the womb. It uses advanced technology to create a three-dimensional image of the baby, as well as the fourth dimension of time, allowing parents to see the baby's movements in real-time. This is different from a traditional 2D ultrasound, which produces a flat, two-dimensional image.

Is a 4D ultrasound safe for me and my baby?

Yes, 4D ultrasounds are considered safe for both the mother and the baby. The ultrasound uses the same type of sound waves as a traditional ultrasound, but with advanced technology that creates a more detailed image. However, it is important to only have ultrasounds performed by a trained medical professional.

When is the best time to have a 4D ultrasound?

The best time to have a 4D ultrasound is between 26 and 30 weeks of pregnancy. This is when the baby has developed enough fat under their skin to provide clearer images, but is still small enough to fit in the frame of the ultrasound. However, 4D ultrasounds can be performed at any time during pregnancy.

Do I need a full bladder for a 4D ultrasound?

No, a full bladder is not necessary for a 4D ultrasound. Unlike a traditional 2D ultrasound, a 4D ultrasound does not require a full bladder to provide clear images. However, it is recommended to drink plenty of water leading up to the appointment to ensure that the baby is well-hydrated and in a good position for the ultrasound.

Can I bring family and friends to my 4D ultrasound appointment?

Yes, you are welcome to bring family and friends to your 4D ultrasound appointment. In fact, many parents choose to make the appointment a special event by inviting loved ones to share in the experience. However, it is important to check with your healthcare provider and the ultrasound facility for their specific policies on the number of guests allowed in the room.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pchefkristin