• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Pregnancy Progressing Normally?

In summary, Nicole is 11 wks pregnant by her LMP, but 9 wks pregnant by her ultrasound. Her doctor is going to go by gestational age, and she is only 5 wks pregnant according to the ultrasound. Nicole is frustrated with everything
calebsmom0822
Hi all
Well, I went for my ultrasound today. According to my dates, I'm 7 wks pregnant today. HOwever, according to my ultrasound, embryo is only measuring at 5 wks. I didn't see the Dr...just the ultrasound tech. No heartbeat was found..but she said usually at this early, you can't see the heartbeat. At first I wasn't too worried...but now that I'm home, and looking at all the "pregnancy" website, I'm getting worried. My nausea isn't as bad today. I'm trying to decide if my boobs are as tender as they were. I'm probably working myself up, huh? I just don't want anything to be wrong. I'm thankful that the pregnancy is in the uterus, which is why we did the ultrasound today to verify that, due to my history of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy 2 yrs ago. My husband and I are still living apart due to plans related to the Army. (long story) But he'll be here on Friday and will be here a week!! Yea...but I don't want to worry him either. Please keep us in your prayers....I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reading.

I hope eerything goes well

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

You have our prayers. If it helps any, "my" dates and my doc's dates were always a couple of weeks different.

Mine were always different too. You are in my prayers!

And don't forget that gestational age and LMP (last menstrual period) age are two weeks (there abouts) different.
If you are calculating your edd by you LMP (as most of us do), the first two weeks you aren't "really" pregnant yet, because you usually don't ovulate until two weeks later.
The u/s may be going by gestational age, which is calculated from fertilization, which is, on average, 2 weeks later.
Hope that helps (and wasn't too confusing!)
Keeping you in my prayers.

Thank you all for your prayers...after my outburts of tears, I got my act together and did some calculating. :) And, Marg..you reminded me of the differences in the gestation dates.THANK YOU!! With my son, he was always on track..however was always a BIG baby...never measured smaller. Guess that's why I'm paranoid... Again, thank you for your prayers...and thanks for the kind words of advice and encouragement. :)

Nicole- I already answered your PM, but I just wanted to follow up here now that I got more background from your original post. I am assuming that since they didn't find a heartbeat they scheduled a follow up U/S to check for viability. When is that appointment? The dates could be truly off, like mine were. What was the due date that the U/S tech came up with? That is the due date that your doc will most likely go by, especially since early ultrasounds are the best determining factor for due dates. I am glad that your DH comes home soon, and hopefully he can go with you to the next U/S and see the bean with the heart beating away.

Here's a tip- if you are unsure about whether or not your boobs hurt lay on your stomach for 5 minutes!! I flipped onto my stomach while sleeping last night and my boobs still hurt. I can't do it anymore with my boobs and baby bump!

Tomorrow I get my first U/S, so be prepared to see the new belly pic and the unveiling of my baby bean! Good luck Nicole, and remember that you get to unveil a new product of your own in early July while everyone else has to wait for conference, LOL!

The good news is this is not an ectopic pregnancy. I'll keep you in my prayers. Try to take some deep breaths and to take extra care of and pamper yourself over then next few days.

What I was going to say everyone beat me to it. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am glad your husband comes home so you will have him to support you in this.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Keeping you in my prayers!!

I'm praying along with all the others here! May God quiet your spirit and help you rest and bless you as you wait for your husband to come home as well.

Nicole,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Try to keep a positive outlook on everything if you can. I know it's difficult not to worry about everything but soon you'll have your husband home to help support you as well. Good luck with everything and congratulations!!

Gina Miller

Nicole- I just got back from my appoinment, and guess who is two weeks behind what she thought!! I am 11w2d by my LMP, and 9w1d by ultrasound. My new due date is June 19th. We saw a heatbeat, and the baby was jumping around, but remember that I am farther along than you. These things happen all the time (second time I have "lost" two weeks) so don't worry!!

My DD was born on June 19th!!!!

Thought I am not pregnant ... I have a five year old little girl... I understand how you feel.. your in my thoughts and prayers......

I'm feeling a little better todayThank you everyone for all your prayers again. You all are so wonderful!! :) I'm feeling a little better today. I've just left it in God's hands, been praying about it last night and today. I woke up today with some queasiness, that has lasted all day...that metalic taste in the mouth..YUCK...so with these symptoms, I'm at ease, but have a little of that worry in the back of my head. But I know its all going to be okay. You all have been a great support, and I thank you!!

Good to hear that Nicole! I also think it's hard after you had your ectopic pregnancy - not to think that everything won't be alright. When I suffered a miscarriage years ago - when I got pregnant the following year - it was hard to relax completely because you always think back to your previous experience. Everything went great for me and I have a wonderful daughter now. Good luck to you - enjoy your pregnancy!

Gina Miller

congrats, i will keep you and your family in my prayers and good things always happen to good people so when you get upset just keep that in mind
:0)

Nicole: The PG websites are a great resource, but they can also needlessly worry you! I am sending good thoughts your way! I think if there was a problem, your Doc would have spoken with you!

AJPratt said:
Nicole: The PG websites are a great resource, but they can also needlessly worry you! I am sending good thoughts your way! I think if there was a problem, your Doc would have spoken with you!
I completely agree with you. Sometimes the littlest things can get your mind reeling. Hoping you are feeling even better today.....

Well, I'm feeling more pregnant today..vomited a few times...:) I called to the Dr. today to see if I could talk to someone about the u/s since he hadn't called me to tell me anything bad. He reassured me that it was perfectly normal to measure smaller this early...and normal at 5 wks to possibly not see much. The sac was perfectly formed and round..so that was good. And also the fact that i'm not spotting or cramping is another good thing. He said they would rescan in a few weeks. Until then, I just need to live life, enjoy the "pregnancy" and take care of myself... Ooohhh Kayyyyy....its still gonna be hard to just "not think about it"...but, I do feel better about the u/s.
And the fact that I"ve been so sick today...relieves me.
You all are GREAT!!!!!

I'm surprised you had an ultrasound and an appointment so early. Was it because you had an ectopic pregnancy before. With both of my kids they made me wait to have my first appointment til I was 10 weeks along. By then you could see the baby's heartbeat.

I am so glad you are feeling better today, well I guess not actually feeling better, but mentally, lol. I knew the flower would do the trick. HA, HA. I just noticed that you are in Republic, I have family that lives around there, and my Dad lived there for a while also. We go visit my family in Crane a few times a year, but not nearly enough, they own a canoe rental there.

I am glad that the doc reassured you! I think sometimes the U/S techs go blank and don't really think about what they say. They will do a follow up U/S to check viability and you'll be able to see the heartbeat! Depending on when they re-check it might be bouncing around like mine was! Good luck, and I'm glad that you are feeling better (or worse I guess!).

Janel- yes they did the U/S early to verify that the pregnancy was in my uterus. Once I found out I was pregnant, I called and let them know that I WANTED a U/S ASAP because I didn't want to go through a RUPTURED Ectopic Pregnancy again!! (very scary).

Jennifer Davis- Yes, I'm in Republic. I was born in Springfield, MO..all my family is from around this area..and up near Osceola (not far from Kansas City) Its been so nice being around family while my husband was in Iraq...now we're just months away from moving to Germany. woohoo

Gillian- Thanks!! :) Yep, I can't wait to see him/her bouncing around on that U/S!! And I know this sounds crazy, but I'm glad to be feeling so miserable. :) If you know what I mean.

My hubby will be home today!!!!!! It takes 6-7 hours to drive here...so I'm sure he'll be here later tonight, however he says he's gonna try to get out of the office by lunch time if everything is done. WOOHOOO..I can't wait!!

Great news that the doctor was able to reassure you. Enjoy hubby's homecoming.

Congratulations!!!That's wonderful!! I am so happy for you!

I hope to be part of the preggo group soon!! I haven't started and I feel nauseous and tired!! My breasts are tender and I have been so emotional.

I would love to have a baby in my DH birth month - August!!

I made an appointment with my doctor.

Keep us posted!

Debbie :D

Good luck Debbie- I'm sending some baby dust your way!!

calebsmom0822 said:
Jennifer Davis- Yes, I'm in Republic. I was born in Springfield, MO..all my family is from around this area..and up near Osceola (not far from Kansas City) Its been so nice being around family while my husband was in Iraq...now we're just months away from moving to Germany. woohoo

My hubby will be home today!!!!!! It takes 6-7 hours to drive here...so I'm sure he'll be here later tonight, however he says he's gonna try to get out of the office by lunch time if everything is done. WOOHOOO..I can't wait!!

Tell the DH that my family & I appreciate his efforts and support him 100%. I hope he gets to stay home for a good long while. Good Luck with the move. Where in Germany are you going? I have a sorority sister in Germany, but don't remember which base. Her baby is nearly a year old now.

Remember that all us Cheffers are here for you. So happy to hear you've been http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0021.gif

Sorry!! I couldn't help myself. That's exactly the way I felt with Baby #2 my darling daughter. I've been lucky so far!! Crossing my fingers this time around!! I really don't want to go back to Zofran! I hate taking meds at all, much less when I'm pregnant!!

Donna, thank you for your support (not only for me but my husband as well.) I'll be sure to pass the message on to him.:) He was home for a little over a year between his Iraqi 1 year-long tours. He shouldn't have to deploy to Iraq for a year with his new job. :)
I love the little barfing smily...very funny!!

I am so glad that you are doing well also.
Oh..how far is Morehead, Ky from Ft. Campbell, Ky?? That's where we are stationed at.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedape