• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby Update: Exciting First Appointment and Due Date Changed to March 21st

In summary, Amanda had her first doctor's appointment where she saw the baby's heart beat for the first time and the heart rate was strong at 181. She was relieved to hear that the chance of miscarriage is now only 1%. Her due date has changed to March 21st based on the baby's measurement, but she is unsure about the accuracy. Her doctor also mentioned that the second baby is usually bigger, which worries her as her first two were 9lbs and 11lbs respectively. Amanda is thankful for no morning sickness and is planning to attend a leadership event. She has gained 19lbs already and is worried about getting bigger faster. Other moms in the conversation also shared their baby's birth weights and labor experiences
Oh Amanda - my prayers are with you and your dh right now! I am so sorry to hear about this.

Oh friend, I am so sorry! Don't really have any words of wisdom right now, but know I'll be thinking of you. A friend of mine had a miscarriage a couple months ago, & I just keep telling her that when the time is right it'll work out. Maybe now wasn't the right time, for reasons you don't know or may never know. Just try to think positive thoughts (I'm a big believer in that!) that when the time is right, it'll happen for you. {{{BIG HUGS}}} to you & your family.

I'm so sorry, Amanda. You are in my prayers!

Oh Amanda, I am so sorry. I will be praying for you.

Amanda, I'm sorry for your tremendous loss. You will be in my prayers.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_44.gif
well that just sucks...I am so sorry for your loss Amanda.

sorry for your loss =(

{{{Hugs}}} I am so sorry this happened Amanda. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

sending hugs and prayers,

Amanda, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I have been there and it hurts so much! Take care of yourself and give yourself the time you need to heal.

Oh you guys are so wonderful, I can feel all the hugs sent my way. I am really trying to see the positive in this and having a hard time. My poor dr, all he got was tears & some more tears. He just kept handing me tissue.Here is one positive I can think of, all the incentive trips were around my due date, but now I can go. Maybe if I bury myself in work I will be distracted.I don't know if I can thank you guys enough, but thank you for everything. I really am glad I have a virtual cluster, you guys rock. I am sorry this thread turned into such a downer.

Amanda...don't apologize for the thread being a "downer"! That's not what it is! You are dealing with a tremendous loss, and you are sharing with us what you are going through. You are here right now for a reason...that God can help you with the prayers and love of your virtual cluster! I know it's not the same as if we were right there and could hug and cry with you...but this way you have LOTS of prayers being said for you each day! God will provide the "real" shoulders to cry on via people that are right there beside you!

Focusing on your business can be good for you...but be sure to take some time FOR YOU to grieve and heal, too.

Love,
Kelly

Like Kelly said, don't apologize! Take some time with your family, and then yes, earn that trip so you & your dh can enjoy a wonderful vacation away together.

Well today went a lot easier than I thought it would. Had a friend congratulate me on our news, that was hard to correct her then to find out she just found out she was preggo. I felt so bad, because I probably scared her.I think I knew something was wrong and I had cried all weekend, so I don't think it's as hard as I anticipated. The hardest part was seeing the heartbeat last week. I was nervous going in and was so relieved to see that heartbeat. I am ready for mother nature to be over with.DS told me he was done being sad and was ready to try for some babies 1 boy & 1 girl. He is so wonderful, but I told him if we have 2, he is going to have to help in the middle of the night w/ diapers. He didn't like that part, he also doesn't understand that we probably have to wait a few months to try again.Thanks again, you guys rock!

Amanda,

I am so sorry for your loss. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss! I too know from experience how bad it hurts! Take your time to heal and grieve!! I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers! Take Care of yourself!

Ditto and double ditto to what Kelly posted! Hugs and prayer still going out to you Amanda!!!

Still sending hugs to you:)

Amanda,

Sending Big hugs your way! So Sorry you are going thru this!

Oh Amanda - I am just reading this thread again after several days...I too am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family.

Amanda, I too am so sorry for your loss. ((Big Hugs)) coming your way! I too have been through this (it was actually a blighted ovum, discovered at 12 weeks), in between my two children. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

pamperedalf said:
DS told me he was done being sad and was ready to try for some babies 1 boy & 1 girl. He is so wonderful, but I told him if we have 2, he is going to have to help in the middle of the night w/ diapers. He didn't like that part, he also doesn't understand that we probably have to wait a few months to try again.

Thanks again, you guys rock!

Kids are so resilient! Sending thoughts and love your way!

pamperedalf said:
Well today went a lot easier than I thought it would. Had a friend congratulate me on our news, that was hard to correct her then to find out she just found out she was preggo. I felt so bad, because I probably scared her.

I think I knew something was wrong and I had cried all weekend, so I don't think it's as hard as I anticipated. The hardest part was seeing the heartbeat last week. I was nervous going in and was so relieved to see that heartbeat. I am ready for mother nature to be over with.

DS told me he was done being sad and was ready to try for some babies 1 boy & 1 girl. He is so wonderful, but I told him if we have 2, he is going to have to help in the middle of the night w/ diapers. He didn't like that part, he also doesn't understand that we probably have to wait a few months to try again.

Thanks again, you guys rock!

It will get better. I know the crying helped deal with some of that stress and sadness.

"Commonly, people report they feel some sense of relief after a bout of crying. There is general agreement that there is a significant increase in the number, type and amount of stress hormones released in our bodies prior to crying. Consistently, researchers find that tears contain stress hormones. This is a critical finding since we know stress hormones cause damage to virtually all bodily systems. During the last decade, stress hormones have been shown to cause serious damage to brain cells. Stress hormones have seem to target specific parts of the brain including the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and pre-frontal cortex. Unfortunately, stress hormones attack the very brain sites implicated in the perpetuation of mood disorders. As a result, stress hormones damage the exact sites capable of reducing or eliminating the release of the toxic stress hormones.

Finally, extensive biomedical studies demonstrate that stress hormones negatively affect virtually every system in the body including the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endocrine, musculoskeletal, and immune systems. It is clear that crying is a primary way for the body to eliminate harmful stress hormones. Thus, crying is a natural and essential biological function that results in the elimination of stress hormones connected to every imaginable stress related health problem. The 21st century has started by removing any doubt about the positive health effects of crying.

Is it any wonder that people so often report feeling relieved after a good cry ? From a public health perspective, it is obvious that the general public would benefit from a campaign to eliminate all stigma associated with crying awareness so everyone can benefit from the innumerable positive health effects of crying.

Practitioner's of folk wisdom have routinely encouraged people to allow themselves to cry comforting the suffering soul that ' a good cry will help you feel better'."

Isn't God wonderful, a built in mechanisim to deal with life's ups and downs. So let it out when you need to. BIG HUG! Thoughts and prayers going your way.

Addie4TLC said:
It will get better. I know the crying helped deal with some of that stress and sadness.

"Commonly, people report they feel some sense of relief after a bout of crying. There is general agreement that there is a significant increase in the number, type and amount of stress hormones released in our bodies prior to crying. Consistently, researchers find that tears contain stress hormones. This is a critical finding since we know stress hormones cause damage to virtually all bodily systems. During the last decade, stress hormones have been shown to cause serious damage to brain cells. Stress hormones have seem to target specific parts of the brain including the hippocampus, hypothalamus, and pre-frontal cortex. Unfortunately, stress hormones attack the very brain sites implicated in the perpetuation of mood disorders. As a result, stress hormones damage the exact sites capable of reducing or eliminating the release of the toxic stress hormones.

Finally, extensive biomedical studies demonstrate that stress hormones negatively affect virtually every system in the body including the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endocrine, musculoskeletal, and immune systems. It is clear that crying is a primary way for the body to eliminate harmful stress hormones. Thus, crying is a natural and essential biological function that results in the elimination of stress hormones connected to every imaginable stress related health problem. The 21st century has started by removing any doubt about the positive health effects of crying.

Is it any wonder that people so often report feeling relieved after a good cry ? From a public health perspective, it is obvious that the general public would benefit from a campaign to eliminate all stigma associated with crying awareness so everyone can benefit from the innumerable positive health effects of crying.

Practitioner's of folk wisdom have routinely encouraged people to allow themselves to cry comforting the suffering soul that ' a good cry will help you feel better'."

Isn't God wonderful, a built in mechanisim to deal with life's ups and downs. So let it out when you need to. BIG HUG! Thoughts and prayers going your way.

Thank you, so much!!! God knows that's the only reason I haven't had a nervous breakdown, and yesterday was a pajama day.

DH left this morning for a few days for work. What poor timing, and it's his program so he's the only one who can do it. So thank you so much for your kind words & hugs because they are getting me through the day.

I felt bad last night I called my sis and backed out on her baby shower gift. I bought them a 3D sonogram for this Saturday. I know that I would cry during the whole time, and it's their happy moment. She said she understood, and probably would of done the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Thank you again!

Hugs and prayers to you today and everyday to get your through this Amanda.

pamperedalf said:
Thank you, so much!!! God knows that's the only reason I haven't had a nervous breakdown, and yesterday was a pajama day.

DH left this morning for a few days for work. What poor timing, and it's his program so he's the only one who can do it. So thank you so much for your kind words & hugs because they are getting me through the day.

I felt bad last night I called my sis and backed out on her baby shower gift. I bought them a 3D sonogram for this Saturday. I know that I would cry during the whole time, and it's their happy moment. She said she understood, and probably would of done the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Thank you again!

Take care of yourself everyone else will understand. Give yourself time so that you can keep going strong later and make plans like hubby is already doing. He sounds like a great guy.

<h2>1. What was the heart rate at the first appointment? </h2><p>The heart rate at the first appointment was 181, which the doctor said was very strong.</p><h2>2. Did you have any concerns about carrying twins? </h2><p>Yes, I had dreams that I was carrying twins, but the doctor assured me that there is only a 1% chance of miscarriage once a heartbeat is detected and the baby is in the right spot.</p><h2>3. Has your due date changed since the first appointment? </h2><p>Yes, based on the measurement of the baby, my due date has been changed to March 21st.</p><h2>4. Is your doctor concerned about the size of your baby? </h2><p>My doctor mentioned that the second baby is typically bigger and that I should be careful since my first child was close to 9lbs. </p><h2>5. Will you still be attending the leadership event? </h2><p>Yes, I have my ticket and unless I am put on bed rest, I will be attending the leadership event as a new director with my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues. </p>

1. What was the heart rate at the first appointment?

The heart rate at the first appointment was 181, which the doctor said was very strong.

2. Did you have any concerns about carrying twins?

Yes, I had dreams that I was carrying twins, but the doctor assured me that there is only a 1% chance of miscarriage once a heartbeat is detected and the baby is in the right spot.

3. Has your due date changed since the first appointment?

Yes, based on the measurement of the baby, my due date has been changed to March 21st.

4. Is your doctor concerned about the size of your baby?

My doctor mentioned that the second baby is typically bigger and that I should be careful since my first child was close to 9lbs.

5. Will you still be attending the leadership event?

Yes, I have my ticket and unless I am put on bed rest, I will be attending the leadership event as a new director with my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cajunchelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • TammyStar
  • General Chat
Replies