• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Customer Care Calling Really That Important for Business Success?

In summary, this woman was able to get a show from a previous show she attended by talking to other guests about their experiences with PC.
pamperedval
Gold Member
You really need to pick up the phone - it is our friend!!

I was trying to catch up on some CC calls and was mostly leaving voice mails this morning to make sure people were happy with their products and to call me if they had any questions or concerns, or if they needed anything else.

I reached one ladies' husband (she was at work) and he told me that he does the cooking and that they needed a new pasta ladle because their new puppy chewed their old one up. He said that they were very happy with the products and that his wife had said that she might want to book a party. I should call her this afternoon after she got home...

I couldn't believe it!! So I just got off the phone with her and we set a date mid-May for her show! THAT WAS EASY!!

If I hadn't called to check in do you think she would have called me? NO! And she isn't big on email so she wasn't on my newsletter list - so she wouldn't have been reminded of me unless I called!

I know you don't always get such definite results from CC calls - but it is so good for business to remind your customers that we are here and want to help them. And sometimes we get more business!!

It made my day (especially since my show for tomorrow got rescheduled to June because too many people couldn't make it).

Thanks for reading me rambling - just wanted to share and remind us all to get on the phone - it really pays off!!

Val

Yes it really does pay off, I have booked several shows just doing CCC!! Of course I love to talk on the phone, so I knew this wouldn't be a problem for me!!

Keep telling me stories like this and hopefully that'll motivate me to pick up the dreaded phone. I just hate that thing!!

dannyzmom said:
Keep telling me stories like this and hopefully that'll motivate me to pick up the dreaded phone. I just hate that thing!!
Me too! But I know I have to do it at times so I force myself just to make 2-5 calls at a time! It does get easier if you are on a roll and I have gotten only positive responses if I got ahold of them in person. No bookings yet (just focusing on CC calls) but I have gotten reorders from them and I know I would not have otherwise! Good luck to everyone with phone phobia ~like myself! It really will pay off eventually I think!

Thanks for the wonderful news! I planned on making some out-of-the box calls tonight from my shows last month. I actually almost never do that, but I'm gonna try to make it a habit!

It really does work! I haven't done it in a while (SHAME on me!!) but last summer, I'd grab my phone and my computer and sit on my patio and make phone calls. I got a few orders and a few bookings...it's generally well recieved, too!

dannyzmom said:

ME TOO!!! My director gave us a challenge last night - and gave herself the same challenge - to take one show from the past 2 months, and do CC calls to every guest from that show...not booking calls, not recruiting calls, just customer care...and then we have to report back to her how it went and how we felt after doing the calls.......I'm gonna do it if it kills me, mostly because I can't pass up a challenge.....but I feel like I do the whole day before I have to go to the dentist!:eek: :(

I never seem to be home much to use the phone except to deal with current shows! :) However, I'm out and about with people a lot. I always have this fear of coming across as babbling PC or being the "pushy new PC lady" so I try to be selective when I talk about it. I watch at work because I don't want to in any way jeopardize my job.

However, today while off work and on a field trip with my daughter, I was talking to a mom about her show next Thursday and another mom overheard us and said, "oh do you know someone who does PC?" (DO I?!?!?!) Anyway, she had attended a show in Kenosha a few years ago and since being up north never met someone who did PC. She booked a show with me for mid-April!

So, even if you have phone fear - talk about PC when you can - you never know where it'll lead! :)

I'm glad this worked for you! I started doing these last year & made a goal to call all my guests from this year. I've done it so far, but I'm starting to slack off now. I hate the phone & I'm 10 weeks pregnant right now & just don't have the energy or desire to call. I hope that changes soon & then I'll pick back up with it!

But I found when I was making the calls that people were always pleased I called & I've heard through the grapevine that they were impressed that I called.

I'm glad that others are doing well with it too. I don't get as nervous about it because I go into the call thinking it is just CC. I'm not fishing for bookings or recruits or sales - but of course I am more than happy if any of those things happen!

Maybe it is psychological - it isn't as intimidating if you aren't worried about the outcome - so I just try to pick up the phone and "just do it". And maybe people respond better when they sense that you aren't trying to get something from them, but are showing a sincere interest in them and hoping that they are happy with what they already got.

I haven't been that consistent with the follow-up calls - one of my goals this year is to make the out-of-the-box calls consistently and within a reasonable amount of time (ideally within the 30 day time period someone would have to be able to exchange/return something without having to pay for shipping it back).

And I am also making it a point to call the outside orderers - I called one last week and she practically talked herself into having a party or catalog show! She wanted the new catalog and was going to put out feelers with her friends to see if anyone was interested. Now I just need to catch her again and see what we can do...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that something will come of that too!

Keep calling Cheffers!

Val, you are so right!

I booked TWO shows on Wednesday by making calls and following up with customers!

Yep! Those calls are like gold!

It completly pays off when your constiant with it... that is something that I truly added into my business this year!!

Way to go, Val!! And everyone else who does CCCs!! It's hard to do and it's hard to find time to do them, but they are SO worth it!

By the way, Val...... do you have a show coming up with a Tastefully Simple rep?? I know one and I just gave her her order and she asked if I knew a consultant named Val. I told her I've never met her, but I do "know" one from here. Is that you? Wouldn't that be weird? :D I think it's a May show because she said it was a breast cancer fundraiser.

1. What is the purpose of a Customer Care Call?

The purpose of a Customer Care Call is to ensure that our customers are satisfied with their Pampered Chef products and to address any questions or concerns they may have. We want to provide exceptional customer service and build a strong relationship with our customers.

2. How can I request a Customer Care Call?

You can request a Customer Care Call by contacting our customer service team via phone or email. Our team will schedule a convenient time for the call and ensure that your concerns are addressed.

3. Will I be charged for a Customer Care Call?

No, Customer Care Calls are complimentary. We value our customers and want to ensure that they have a positive experience with our products and services.

4. How long does a Customer Care Call usually last?

The duration of a Customer Care Call can vary depending on the nature of the call and the number of questions or concerns. On average, calls can last between 10-30 minutes.

5. What should I do if I miss my scheduled Customer Care Call?

If you miss your scheduled Customer Care Call, you can contact our customer service team to reschedule. We understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bsaxman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
bsaxman
  • KrisGio
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cherylsam
  • KCPChef