• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is attending a conference worth the cost? Let's break down the numbers.

In summary, the cost of going to the conference this year is $350 for airfare, $180 for hotel, $75 for surprise boxes, $125 for registration, and $25 for the home office tour.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Well, I am considering going to conference in 07. I have never been before and my recruit is considering it as well. My hubby wants to know about how much we would be out...Let's say rough figures for those of you who went this year and let's estimate it without reaching Level 1 status for our Golden Treasures (I don't think my recruit will make that). Any figures would be appreciate it. I know for myself it would be worth the experience, I just need to convince my hubby and give him some #'s to crunch.

From Boise the airfaire was about $350, Hotel for four nights with four roommates (including tax etc.) was $180, I spent $75 on surprise boxes and about $75 on paperwork and other vendor stuff. Registration was $125 because I earned $50 off early bird registration (in January?). You can sign up for Conference Club where a small amount - you decide how much - is taken from your month end commission check and kept for you. If you do not go to conference, you get it ALL back. Why don't you try the conference club and see how easy it is!

And the Home Office tour was $25. I went shopping the week before with my sister (because I can't dress myself...) and spent $125 for 3 outfits and a dress to wear to our exec banquet! I should rent that girl out! I got a TON of stuff, but that's besides the point.
I think you can get by pretty cheaply...
-registration $175 (without earned discounts)
-2 meals out $30ish
-3 nights hotel $150ish if you share rooms
-a few tanks of gas since I see you're in Indiana, it can't be TOO Far, even if you live in Jeffersonville, so say $150 but you'd be splitting that with your recruit(s--conference is a long way off!)

you don't HAVE to buy all the other stuff, business supplies, clothing, surprise boxes, etc...

DO IT! It's the best fun ever! It's so inspirational!

speedychef said:
DO IT! It's the best fun ever! It's so inspirational!
I agree!!! It's a great experience and the best boost for your business!!:D And hopefully you'll have EVEN MORE recruits to join you next summer!

I took advantage of the conference club - it's so easy. I'm about to sign up again for next years conference.This was my first conference - I won't miss next year that's for sure!

I definately recommend conference club. Also, work extra hard in January, that's usually when you can earn registration for cheaper. Like others said, you don't HAVE to buy extra goodies at conference, so you can go pretty inexpensively. Of course it's tempting though! Definately go if you can though; it's the best investment for your business. I only wish I could have gone my first 3 yrs. I've gone the last 2 & highly recommend it!!! Plus, just save all your receipts; it's a tax write off!:D

I registered for my conference club last year, but only had them take out $200. So, not including the $200 for registration, I spent the following:

Airfare from Lexington, KY=$188.50 (bought my ticket in March!)
Hotel (Sheraton Towers)=$197 for 4 nights. Just 3 of us the 1st night!
Food=$100 (I was in WAVE 3 and got to Chicago early Saturday!)
Taxi Fares=$40
Surprise Boxes=$50
UPS for Boxes=$23 (Although they took this out of my commission check)
Magazines=$15
PLUS I found souvenirs at Navy Pier for the family and only spent about $20!

My Grand Total=$633.50 not including Conference registration costs because conference club paid for that.

I find that I spend about $600 with everything, including mystery boxes, VIP stuff, etc...and don't forget that it's a tax write-off, meals included.

My husband is gone for 3 days to "Mopar Nationals" (a big car show), and we were figuring how much it would cost him w/ hotel, meals, gas, etc......My trip to Chicago was cheaper - and I stayed in a nicer hotel and got a whole lot more out of my trip...and mine is all tax deductible.....
It didn't cost much for me to go - $80 for 2 nights at Palmer Hilton (sharing a room with 4 others), $20 gas, $15 train from Michigan City to Chicago, $30 for meals out, $150 for supplies & VIP, $125 for registration (earned $50 in Jan & the rest was thru Conf. Club) - So about $400 in all.

Is the conference club only to save for the registration fee? What is the difference between conference club and what we can earn "conference cash" with the Golden Rewards program.

conference club is when they take a certain amount out of each check. I believe you can tell them the amount you want taken out. Conference cash is what you earn through the rewards program and you can also use it towards conference. In Jan PC had a promo for consultants that they could earn money off of thier regisration. I hope this makes sense

I spent $480, which includes:

$170 - Airfare from Newark, NJ to O'Hare (bought ticket early as well!)
$135 - Hotel (3 nites at Palmer Hilton with 3 roommates)
$125 - Conference Fee (I used my $50 Pampered Chef Dollars from qualified recruit)
$20 - Meals (Director took us out one night, Exec Banquet one night and we had fast food one night!)
$30 - Shuttle from airport to hotel (roundtrip)

Actually I forgot, I did spend $40 on a surprise box and $15 for the Empowering Women magazine as well... so the total is really $535!

1. What is "Ok, I Am Considering It..."?

"Ok, I Am Considering It..." is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows customers to try out products before making a purchase.

2. How does "Ok, I Am Considering It..." work?

Customers can choose up to three products from our catalog to try out for 10 days. They will only be charged for the products they decide to keep, and can return any unwanted items for free.

3. Is there a cost to participate in "Ok, I Am Considering It..."?

There is no additional cost to participate in this program. Customers will only be charged for the products they decide to keep.

4. Can I try any product from the catalog?

Most products in our catalog are eligible for "Ok, I Am Considering It..." However, some exclusions may apply. Please check with your consultant for more information.

5. What if I decide to keep all the products I try?

If you decide to keep all the products, you will be charged for the full price of each item. However, you will still have the opportunity to earn host rewards and discounts on your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies