• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taking a Break From Chef Success

My uncle has been in a coma since last Wednesday night and my aunt was informed on Friday that he has passed. My aunt and uncle had a scheduled lunch with my parents on March 29th but my aunt called and told my parents Uncle George wasn't feeling well and couldn't come. My aunt and uncle have been married for over 50 years and have 3 children and 11 grandchildren. My aunt passed away from Alzheimer's in 2007. This is the Japanese way of "not imposing other families" and it was the way they were raised. My uncle made the decision to stay at home and not go to the hospital. My aunt didn't want him to go to the hospital because it would have been a burden on my
Kitchen2u
Hey all ~ gonna have to take a break this week. I got a call last Wed night my Uncle was failing and it's most likely very soon. Went to my Aunt's Thursday night (leaving the next day for a 3 day conference in Orange Co, CA) ~ alive, but in a coma. Hospice came in ~ my Uncle's choice to stay at home, no interventions (nothing, no oxygen, no meds, etc).

He had Alzeheimer's, had a minor strok on March 11 then another major one on March 29. At the Dr appt on April 2, the Dr said he would be fine as long as he ate. Guess what? He stopped eating Monday night ~

My family didn't know any of this was going on. My parents see them EVERY week and didn't know. They were suppose to have lunch with them on March 29, but my Aunt called and said Uncle George was not feeling well.

Again...this is the Japanese way "don't impose other families..." It was the way they were raised ~ we kids are trying to make them understand it's OKAY to impose. It's not a bad thing.

So I saw him last on Thursday night before we had to leave for conference. I got the call Sat morning he passed early that morning (shortly after midnight). My parents, another Aunt (my Uncle Sam passed Jan 10, 2007) and my sister went over to my Aunt/Uncle's house Sat morning to visit. My couin came out and told them he passed.

I ended up not telling my daughter, letting her enjoy the conference. I told her on the way home. After getting about 45 minutes sleep Sat night (that's another story!), the 6 hours drive home was BRUTAL! We went straight over to my Aunt's and got home last night about 10 PM...I'm beat!

So getting take a leave from this GREAT place for a little while ~ have lots of things to do this week with this.

Deb ~ congratulations! I got you email ~ sorry I'm responding this way!

Ginny

Ginny~

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything goes well for you and the rest of the family. So sorry for your loss.

Oh, Ginny--I'm so sorry! Take a break and get some rest and I'll see you NEXT WEEK!!!!

So sorry, Ginny. You'll be in my prayers.

sp sorry to here, you'll be in my thoughts....

Ginny I am so sorry, You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

So sorry to hear that!
Take the time needed!

Ginny,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Get your rest and spend time with your family. We will be here when you are ready to come back.

Ginny,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you get your well deserved rest and I'll see you next week TOO!!!! :D

Ginny so sorry to hear the sad news. Your family is in our prayers. It must have been very hard for the rest of the family not knowing all these months how bad things were getting and could have tried to be there for extra support to your aunt and cousin and for themselves too.

Living with someone who has had a mild stroke and has Alzheimer's (3 years in early stage) isn't always easy and sometimes very challenging.

1. Can I take a break from my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, you can absolutely take a break from your Pampered Chef business. Life can get busy and it's important to prioritize your well-being. Taking a break can help you recharge and come back to your business with renewed energy.

2. How long can I take a break for?

The length of your break is completely up to you. We recommend taking at least a month off to fully rest and recharge. However, you can take a shorter or longer break depending on your personal needs.

3. Will I lose my rank or progress if I take a break?

No, you will not lose your rank or progress if you take a break. Your account will remain active and you will still have access to your back office and resources. When you're ready to come back, you can pick up where you left off.

4. Do I need to inform anyone if I'm taking a break?

While it's not required, we recommend informing your team leader and fellow consultants about your break. This can help with communication and ensure that your customers and team members are taken care of during your absence.

5. What should I do before taking a break?

Before taking a break, it's important to tie up any loose ends such as fulfilling orders, closing parties, and communicating with your team. You may also want to set an out-of-office message for your customers and consider scheduling social media posts in advance. This will help ensure a smooth transition during your break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • vwpamperedchef