• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Warriors---Please Pray for ...

V
vwpamperedchef
I am asking all of you prayer warriors to keep my grandfather Al in your prayers. He is 89 and has prostate cancer...he has not been eating or sleeping.

Ironically I called him this morning (not knowing any of the not eating/sleeping) and I left him a message around 10:30 am to say I would be stopping by later and if he was there great, if not I would catch him another time. You see, today Aug 26 is my dad's birthday (my dad passed away 5 years ago) so after I went to visit the cemetary I was stopping by my grandfathers.

I got to his house and the door was locked. I left him some home grown tomatoes I grew for the first time this year. Grandpa used to grow them in his garden when I was growing up.

I left the bag of tomatoes and drove away.

The thought entered my mind that maybe he was in the hospital....

Fast forward to about 4pm today and my mom calls me. She reminded me it is dad's birthday and I proceed to tell her I went to the cemetary and I dropped off some tomatoes at grandpas. My mom was I guess in awe about it and said "I saw Aunt Dawn today and she said Uncle Alan had to take grandpa to the hospital around 10:30-11am"

It was just ironic (or psychic) that all that had occured and I had previously not heard about it.

Long story short, the prostate cancer spread previously to his legs and he has a hard time walking. (He still drives and each time I go there, I tell him he shouldn't be driving. He isnt your typical grandfather either---does NOT look or act his age!).

I just want people to pray for him and if this is his time to go, that he goes peacefully. I know he has been in and out of the hospital over this past year and has been in a lot of pain (although he says he's not in pain). When I spoke to my aunt about 20 mins ago, she said my uncle just informed her that my grandfather wants to live with them. We just laughed because we all know how Al is.

Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it.

prayers for grandpa al.

Prayers here for God's will and for a peaceful homegoing if that is God's plan!

Prayers for your grandpa!

Praying for your grandpa - I have a 90 yr. old Grandpa who had one lung removed due to lung cancer 2 years ago and is still going strong (although he's currently in the hospital with an infection on his leg). I only hope to be so with it when I'm his age!

You know that my prayers are with you and your Grandfather.

Prayers for your grandfather. After my father died, my grandfather was my best friend. He died when I was 15 and I miss him every day. He was my prayer warrior, my biggest fan, my teacher, my example and my heart...

I'm sorry that your grandfather is ill... :(

Prayers going up...

Peace, love and prayers coming his and your way Vanessa!

My Grandpa was everything to me. I lost him just over 9 years ago. My prayers are with you.

prayers for grampa coming your way

Sending prayers his way.

Thanks all! I do appreciate it.
My other grandfather died Feb 2007. SO I am lucky to have had grandparents most of my life. My Gram is 84. (it was her husband who died in 2007).

Vanessa - how is your grandpa doing? You've had a lot of emotional stress on your plate the last week or two.

Thanks for asking, he went to a nursing home rehab facility but no later was he back in the hospital with a fever that hasnt come down in days. Has a bit of dementia going on. I had made some cookies yesterday to bring to the facility and when I called they said he was back in the hospital. My brother and I are always the last to know since our father (his son) died 5 years ago. We are 2 of 12 grandchildren and the only two that ever visit him. Quite sad if you ask me. I have been close to my grandfather since the passing of my dad......

Not sure what is going on as of today--
Thanks for you concern.

vwpamperedchef said:
Thanks for asking, he went to a nursing home rehab facility but no later was he back in the hospital with a fever that hasnt come down in days. Has a bit of dementia going on. I had made some cookies yesterday to bring to the facility and when I called they said he was back in the hospital. My brother and I are always the last to know since our father (his son) died 5 years ago. We are 2 of 12 grandchildren and the only two that ever visit him. Quite sad if you ask me. I have been close to my grandfather since the passing of my dad......

Not sure what is going on as of today--
Thanks for you concern.

Well, hang in there!

Vanessa...I am sad to hear that he is in the hospital again, and that your family isn't very cooperative in keeping you guys up to date on how he is doing! {{{HUGS}}}

The Lord took my grandpa into heaven today. I ask that you keep us in your prayers, and may I be selfish and ask for prayers for me. My husband as you know is deployed and will not be able to make the trip home.

Ironically it was on my husband's last deployment when my father died.

Thank you to my virtual family.

I am so sorry about your grandfather! I pray for peace for you and strength as you endure this without your husband again. Know God can hold you in His arms when you need Him most!

Thank you Jane. I appreciate it.

Sorry to hear the sad news Vanessa, I will say a prayer for you.

Just read what you have been going through. I am so sorry. My grandparents were always so special. I know this is a great loss.. especially after losing your dad. Prayers coming your way. He is comfortable now with God. I pray for peace for you and your family. Especially you and your DH who can not attend and is probably torn because of it. Geez.. Extra special blessings for you.

My grandparents were literally like a second set of parents to me, and losing them was so difficult, but nothing can erase the beautiful memories I have of them. Prayers to you and your family, for the strength to endure the days ahead and comfort with the memories you will always hold dear.

I am sorry for your loss. Your grandfather is at peace, I hope that gives you peace. I also am praying for you and your DH. Know your virtual family is here for you whenever you need us. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Thank you for your kind words. This board is a blessing and for that I am thankful.

Vanessa,
I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. I know it leaves a painful hole for a time. Talk about him often so your children will 'know' him, too.

My children sometimes forget that they didn't actually know Grandaddy Mont!

Hugs coming your way from east Texas...

Thanks Ann....no children here, just Christmas our Calico Cat...

1. How can prayer help someone with cancer?

Many people turn to prayer as a way to cope with difficult situations, including illness. Prayer can provide comfort, hope, and a sense of connection to something greater than ourselves. Some studies have also shown that prayer can have positive effects on physical health, such as reducing stress and promoting relaxation.

2. What is a "prayer warrior"?

A prayer warrior is someone who actively engages in prayer, often for the benefit of others. They may pray for specific people or situations, and may also lead or participate in group prayer sessions.

3. How can I become a prayer warrior?

Becoming a prayer warrior is not a formal process, but rather a personal commitment to regularly pray for others. You can start by setting aside time each day to pray for specific people or situations, and by joining a prayer group or community to share your prayers with others.

4. Is it okay to ask others to pray for someone?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask others to pray for someone. In fact, many people find comfort and strength in knowing that others are praying for them or their loved ones during difficult times. It can also be a way to build a sense of community and support.

5. Can prayer change the outcome of a situation?

The power of prayer is widely debated and ultimately a matter of personal belief. Some believe that prayer can influence the outcome of a situation, while others see it as a way to find peace and acceptance in difficult circumstances. Regardless, prayer can provide comfort and support to both the person praying and the person being prayed for.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DanielleQ
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill