• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Tell Hubby so He Will Let Me Go

In summary, the author's husband does not want her to go to conference because she will have to miss too much time with her twins. However, her good friend is moving back to Omaha and can watch the twins for her, so she is going to conference.
momoftwins
Hey guys! I have not been able to go to conference for the past 2 years due to my being pregnant with my twins and then of course with them being too little for me to leave them (ie nursing, etc). Well this year is the first year that I could reasonably go. I did not sign up for conference club way back when because I just could not afford to have anything extra taken out of my commission checks. I of course missed early bird deadline since I did not corner DH and ask him last week before the price increase.

Well his mom just had knee surgery the beginning of this month and my mom could possibly get the time off work (vacation time) but he does not get along with her the best so they are out really as far as watching the twins. DH does not have any vacation left until the end of July. He probably could take the 3 days that he would need to and just turn them in when he gets his vacation but gosh forbid that he would do that. So anyway, childcare has been what is holding me back from asking him way back when. Well our good friends just moved back to Omaha from Phoenix and the wife is a SAHM like myself. So I call her the other day and ask if they will be in town and if she possibly could watch the twins for me during that time (I explained to her that DH would be here working, etc) and she said let me talk to the hubby and get back with you. Well I got an email from her the other day that yes she can watch the twins for me. So I then say to my hubby the other night that "if I get someone to watch the twins can I go to conference?". He asked (very pi$$ed by the way) when is it and then when I tell him he was like that is very soon. I was like yes it is and he was like - how are you going to pay for it????? Well we do have the money except for some reason right now DH is being a tighta$$. I told him I have not been for 2 years because of the twins.

I am not sure what to tell him. I really really want to go!!!!! I really need that motivation to get me out of my "submit what I need to to be active as well as try for the cons incentives" and hope to earn them rut! I would have to check my individual performance tracker but I believe that after I attended conference I had good fall sales, etc.

So anything anyone can tell me to convince him I am all ears!!!!!!!!!

PS - my good friend that is a director (sister consultant) in my directors downline is telling me I need to go and seeing what we can do to get me there (of course I would be staying in her room if I go)! She was talking to our director today and our director said that I need to go!!!!!!!!!! Why doesn't my director tell me that herself????!!!!!

PSS - We just had Tracy Williams here Monday and I went to that and it was awesome! Just a little motivation but I need the conference motivation!

Ooh-- that's a tough one.You can allay his fears about the money by letting him know that you'll do more in the months following Conference, which will make up for it in increased commission.Point out that you've missed it the past 2 years, and you really need to do this for your business.

Sounds to me like he is using money as an excuse, but there might be other reasons he does not want you to go. This may seem silly, but has he ever been away from you or is he used to always having you close to him? Maybe he thinks he will just miss you too much! If this is the case, he may just need some reassurance of your love for him and how much you will miss him.

Now if money is truly the issue for him, let's discuss how to get around that issue. How many shows do you want or need to do a month? Take one of those numbers and add six to it. Next, get on the phone and fill up your calendar for July and August. You can take those six shows and spread them out over the two months. Show the schedule to your husband and ask for his support because you really want to make this work. Those extra six shows should pay for your conference expenses. I think this would really show him your commitment.

This will be my fourth conference. I have never missed one. After the conference in 2005, I decided I did not want to work in the corporate world anymore and quit right after conference. I was able to put the time into my business to become a Director.

As your twins get older, there will additional expenses because of all the activities kids love to do these days. The money from your successful Pampered Chef business will really help. This might be something to mention to him.

Hope this helps!
Lisa

I know that the first time I went to conference after my son was born - my husband's biggest concern was being home alone w/ our son! He is a great dad - but not the primary care-giver. Is it possible that he is feeling hesitant about being left home alone w/ your kidlets?

BTW - I was so nervous about leaving them alone (w/o me) and imagined the whole time I was gone that my DS was just devestated that I wasn't there for him.....um, that wasn't the case! He was perfectly happy staying with daddy and having both grandmas and a sitter take turns caring for him!

My husband doesn't like for me to go either. But it is because he misses me...ain't that just sweet. I go every other year. He calls me three or four times a day. I know that it sounds silly for a grown man to be that way, but he is. He has trouble sleeping if I am not there. If I get up in the middle of the night, it won't be long before he is up looking for me. When he takes trips he calls me several times a day. But, he knows this is important to me. He takes a hunting trip every October...usually doesn't stay the whole week because he has to get home to me. So, I tell him that it is time for my "hunting trip" and I head to Chicago. Sometimes we need a break from our family. It doesn't matter how much you love them, you still need "me" time. And, this will be great for your business. It is also a tax deduction.

MoneyI think the best route to go in this situation, so you can eliminate the tight budget problem, is to raise the funds to be best of your ability without touching money from your accounts. I know this may seem hard but if you set your sights on a reasonable goal, you can do it.
Yard sales, bake sales, having a huge catalog show before you leave, and even an internet sale. Really advertise why you are raising money and people will help you out. You may have the money to go, but if you can come up with most or all of it without having to touch the money in the account, you can find out if it's really about the money.
Keep us posted. My hubby sometimes is very tight with our budget, but he is the bill payer in the house (I don't mean breadwinner) he pays all the bills and knows exactly what we have left over to spend. Sometimes it's not much, sometimes is enough for savings and some luxuries. Men can become really stressed about finances so don't take it personally. Try your best to fix the situation the way he thinks it would be best, by getting the money together to pay for it. He may think it's a waste of money and time for you, but you can prove otherwise. Especially if you are able to go and come back excited and on fire booking shows left and right and raising your income!!

Debbie :D

Just wanted to update you all that I finally got the okay to go to conference!!!!! Guess it wasn't a money issue - he just didn't want to drive to and from picking the kids up from our friends house who would be watching them! Ugh! What a weanie!

Men.... their big pains in the royal behind at times now aren't they??? LOL!!!

momoftwins said:
What a weanie!
I agree!

It really burns me up when people think that moms never have to do things like drive around town, etc. Tell him to deal with it!

1. How can I convince my husband to let me go to a Pampered Chef party?

Many husbands may be hesitant to let their wives attend a Pampered Chef party because they may see it as a waste of time or money. However, you can explain to your husband that attending the party will give you the opportunity to learn about new cooking techniques, try out new recipes, and potentially save money on kitchen tools that you would otherwise have to buy at a higher price elsewhere.

2. My husband thinks Pampered Chef products are overpriced. How can I change his mind?

It's common for people to assume that direct sales products are overpriced. However, you can explain to your husband that Pampered Chef products are made with high-quality materials and are designed to last for years. Plus, by purchasing through a party, you can take advantage of discounts and special offers that may not be available elsewhere.

3. My husband doesn't like attending parties. Can I still go to a Pampered Chef party without him?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef parties are meant to be a fun and social experience, but they are not mandatory. You can assure your husband that you will still have a great time and that there is no pressure to buy anything. Plus, you can always ask a friend to join you for support.

4. How can I explain to my husband that attending a Pampered Chef party is not just about buying products?

Pampered Chef parties are not just about sales. They are also about learning new cooking techniques, trying out new recipes, and socializing with friends. You can explain to your husband that while there may be products for sale, the main focus is on having a fun and informative experience.

5. My husband thinks Pampered Chef parties are just for women. How can I convince him to attend with me?

Pampered Chef parties are open to anyone who is interested in cooking and learning about kitchen tools. You can explain to your husband that attending the party together can be a fun and unique date night experience. Plus, there may be snacks and drinks available, making it a more enjoyable event for him as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Laura420
  • thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies