• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Trip to NC: Convincing my Hubby & Finding Cheap Deals

In summary, the author advises her husband to attend a business conference in order to learn new skills and improve his business. The conference includes workshops, meals, and a banquet. The author also recommends starting a Conference Club account in order to avoid spending money upfront.
milkangel
i really wan to go to nc this year but my hubby aked why it is so much for registration. what do i tell him? what all is included in the 200? i know it would be a perfect mini vacation for me and i would learn a lot too. i so want to go but how to convince him? how to get cheep plane tickets and hotel? Where is the conference? what hotels are around there? i would like all the info so he can see it would be benificial to me.

One big thing to help DH understand is that the conference is a business event. You will attend several workshops and general sessions, the outcomes of which are directed at improving your skills and building your business. You can find all the details on Consultant's Corner on location, workshops, etc. Hope that helps -

$200 includes the use of the meeting places, transportation from hotel to the convention center, wonderful sessions, a couple meals (I think 1 lunch and 1 breakfast, I could be wrong, don't exactly remember), executive banquet, plus freebies that you get for certain things. It is so worth it! The conference is at McCormick Center in Chicago. There are three conference hotels right now but last I heard they were all booked up but they were starting waiting lists. Is anyone from your cluster going? How about your director? Maybe she can talk one on one with your husband. If you can afford to go, it is so worth it. It is an amazing experience!!!! It really does boost your business.

For next year, I advice to start Conference Club in August. They take out a predetermind amount of money from your paycheck so that you never even see the money. I think it was around $25 a month for me when I signed up. So worth it to know conference was already paid for.

Oh yeah, and the HO tour is cool. It really is a must if you can go!

Wow! So much? I guess your husband has never attended conference for his work. This is a bargain.

Sorry, I realize my previous post does not provide any useful information (ammunition). I just get frustrated when people don't take the business (and training opportunties) seriously.

I may be back later today to attempt to provide some help.

1. How can I convince my husband to go on a trip to NC?

One way to convince your husband is to highlight the various attractions and activities in North Carolina that would interest him. This could include outdoor adventures, historical sites, or delicious food options. You could also offer to plan the trip together and compromise on activities that appeal to both of you.

2. What are some affordable ways to travel to NC?

Consider driving instead of flying to save money on transportation. You can also look for deals and discounts on flights or train tickets. Additionally, booking accommodations in advance and opting for budget-friendly options such as Airbnb or camping can also help save money.

3. Where can I find cheap deals for attractions and activities in NC?

Check out websites like Groupon or LivingSocial for discounted tickets to popular attractions. You can also look for package deals that include multiple activities at a discounted price. Another option is to visit the tourist information center upon arrival for any current deals or promotions.

4. What is the best time of year to visit NC?

The best time to visit NC depends on your preferences and the activities you have planned. For outdoor adventures and beach trips, summer months are ideal. If you want to avoid crowds and enjoy fall foliage, September to November is a great time. Winters are mild in NC, making it a good option for a cozy getaway.

5. Are there any must-see destinations in NC?

There are many must-see destinations in NC, but some popular ones include the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Outer Banks, and the Biltmore Estate. Other notable places include Asheville's vibrant downtown, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the charming town of Wilmington.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chelynn
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • jenm42
  • General Chat
Replies