• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Home for Christmas: Find Best Deals on Plane Tickets

In summary, Kayak.com is a website that searches for the best deals on plane tickets. Some airlines are not included in the site, depending on their agreements. The best deals are usually when the search is done at midnight on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
JaimeQ
Okay so this may make me sound crazy but here goes. My hubby who is currently deployed wants me to go home for Christmas. This brings me to my question what is the best sites for getting the best deals on plane tickets??

I have never had to buy a plane ticket so I really have no idea:p It would be me and my 1 1/2 year old. I don't know what the deals are with children having there own seats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

kayak.com searches most of the fare-finder and individual airline sites for the best deals. Some airlines aren't included, depending on their agreements with those sites (like Southwest). Generally, you'll find the best deals when you search around midnight on Wednesday and Thursday nights (do your search then, not fly then). Different airlines have different rules about when kids need their own seats.

Why would doing a search at midnight on a Wed. or Thursday make a difference?

It seems weird, but that's when airlines lower their prices. If there are a limited number of tix available at the lower price, you're more likely to get them by searching when they're first listed.

I don't know if it still holds true, but you can often get a lower prive by traveling on Wednesdays, and staying over the weekend. Of course, that theory is shot to heck for Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas this year (since the 26th is a Wednesday).

Ok well we were planning on leaving on a Wednesday so that sounds like a good thing;) I think the leaving part is gonna get us. Since we were planning on leaving on the 28th. Which 3 days after Christmas but then a few days before New Years.

I guess maybe I will be staying up late tonight to search;) Is that midnight anytime or eastern time?

I don't recall. I think it's Eastern - which is good for you. :)

Yea cause then I don't have to stay up so late:)

Not sure where you are flying out of...and to...but we use AirTran.com for my stepkids flights from Akron/Canton Ohio to Tampa Florida. If you can find a flight with them, they are super cheap! But, their flights are limited so I don't know if it will help you!

I'm going from Sacramento to El Paso... so far the lowest i'm finding is $400!! ouch

It's gonna be around Christmas prob. about the 19th to the 28th... i'm thinking that is why it's costing so much.

mobisimo.com also has cheap fares listed.

We've always found the NWA site to be the cheapest. Probably because we fly out of their hub and into dinky little towns, LOL! But they are always cheaper than the search places like Expedia. We just bought tickets for DH, me, and the two little ones (one on lap) to go to one Grandpa's house, fly back, then leave on the same day for grandparents #2. We are only spending $1600 on all the tickets, all from NWA.

1. How far in advance should I book my plane tickets for Christmas?

It is recommended to book your plane tickets at least 3 months in advance for the best deals and availability. Prices tend to increase as the holiday season approaches.

2. Can I find last-minute deals on Christmas plane tickets?

While last-minute deals may be available, it is not guaranteed and prices may be significantly higher. It is best to book in advance for the best deals and to ensure you have a seat on your desired flight.

3. Are there any specific days to fly that are cheaper for Christmas?

Mondays and Tuesdays tend to have lower airfare prices compared to weekends. It is also recommended to avoid peak travel days, such as the days right before and after Christmas.

4. Is it cheaper to fly to a nearby airport instead of the main airport for my destination?

In some cases, flying to a nearby airport may be cheaper. However, it is important to consider the cost and time of transportation from the airport to your final destination.

5. Are there any hidden fees to watch out for when booking Christmas plane tickets?

Be sure to read the fine print and understand the baggage fees, cancellation policies, and any other additional charges that may apply. It is also recommended to book directly through the airline to avoid any hidden fees from third-party booking sites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Rosebud
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • OhmyDLM
  • General Chat
Replies