• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tell Me How Cheesy This Would Be?

In summary, Megan is thinking about asking her guests to donate money so she can go to NC to see family. She wants to go so badly, but is not sure how much it would cost. She figures it would be around $2000 in sales.
MHPampered
I was thinking at my may shows I would ask for donations to help me go to NC. I really want to go so I am going to work my booty off this month and all commisons from MAy are going to NC and June also if needed. We just can't afford to take it out of the budget money right now... but how bad do you think it would be to ask for my guests to donate to "my cause" of going to NC?

I'm sorry, but it's never really proper etiquette to ask for money for personal projects. That said, there's nothing at all wrong with letting your guests know that you're doing your best to pack your May and June calendar because you're hoping to be able to attend NC. Sharing a goal and inviting them to help you achieve it is one thing. Asking for handouts is another.

You could even call it,
"help me pack my calendar so I can pack my bags"

I know people who've had garage sales, or sold items on Craigs List or Ebay to help fund conference.

I had a gold party where I made $600 for selling a handful of old and broken stuff. great way to raise money quickly

Megan, what dollar amount are you looking at? Is it for registration or travel and hotel expenses? Figure out how much in sales then shows you need to get to fill that need. Then you let everyone know and I love Sheila's words about packing your calender so you can pack your bags, let people know how many parties you need. You can even do a small incentive for the help. But no, an out and out hand out is never good to ask for. Especially if you do not know these people. It would leave every guest with a very uneasy feeling and keeping them wondering if you will place their orders or keep their money! Plus it is a great way to not get bookings if they think you are gonna beg for money! It also tells them that your business is not very good so recruiting would be nill. Get the point?
At 20%, as I do not know what your sales are at, and if you need $400 that is simply $2000 in sales. About 5 $400 parties. That simple to figure out. And you have almost two and quarter months to do that.

Last edited:
You can fundraise for conference! We (my cluster) hold at least 2 bake sales and have a cluster garage sale. So far we have raised the money for our train tickets and the hotel room. We are working on Cab fare and food expenses. Each girl going has to pay for her conference cost and thats it! This is the 3rd year we have accomplished this!

Love this idea suzie q! lol-mind if I steal it?

Kelly! I already thought you were! lol! And if not what are you waiting for?

Oh we are! But it's been a little difficult trying to get my girls to find places. Still working on find our places to do this at.

1. How do I know if a recipe is "cheesy" enough for Pampered Chef?

Our team of chefs at Pampered Chef carefully selects and tests all of our recipes to ensure they meet our high standards for taste and quality. If a recipe is labeled as "cheesy," you can trust that it will have a delicious, rich cheese flavor that our customers love.

2. Can I substitute different types of cheese in a "cheesy" recipe?

Absolutely! We encourage our customers to experiment with different types of cheese in our recipes. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may vary depending on the type of cheese you use. We recommend sticking to the type of cheese called for in the recipe for the best results.

3. Are there any "cheesy" recipes that are also healthy?

Yes, we offer a variety of "cheesy" recipes that are also healthy. Our chefs are constantly working to create recipes that are both delicious and nutritious. Look for recipes labeled as "Healthy Twist" or "Lightened Up" for a healthier option.

4. Can I use pre-shredded cheese in "cheesy" recipes?

While pre-shredded cheese may be convenient, we recommend shredding your own cheese for the best results. Pre-shredded cheese often contains additives that can affect the texture and flavor of the dish. Plus, freshly shredded cheese melts better and has a richer flavor.

5. Can I make a "cheesy" recipe in advance and reheat it later?

Some "cheesy" recipes can be made in advance and reheated later, but the texture and flavor may be affected. We recommend preparing and serving our "cheesy" recipes fresh for the best results. If you do need to reheat a dish, cover it with foil and reheat in the oven on a low temperature to prevent the cheese from becoming rubbery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Mama2bowbaby
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Mama2bowbaby
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies