• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Get People to Book Fundraisers? I'm Having the Hardest Time

In summary, it takes a little work to get the word out, but it's well worth it -- they are really easy money!
ragschef
How do you get people to book fundraisers? I'm having the hardest time marketing them, especially here at the holidays. I've done one fund raiser, but it was my new recruit's training show, so I didn;t benefit from it. I want to do more FRs but can't seem to get people to book....

HELP?!?!:(

I cannot get a fundrasier b/c our percentages are so bad that no one wants to do them. I stopped marketing them and will just mention them if I am around somone who might be intersted. At first I sent letters and catalogs to local schools but when that got zero response after a couple of tries I stopped wasting my catalogs.

I haven't had one yet, but I have one that will go in Spring. I keep a fundraiser breakdown profit page with a cover letter in my car and anytime I see a car wash or yard sale fundraiser, I give out the info to them.
I have offered to donate a % of commission based on sales I think that makes it more appealing. I mainly want to do a fundraiser for the contacts that I wouldn't have otherwise had, so giving a little % of my profits are ok by me.
HTH

I usually try to have at least one fundraiser going per month. I talk them up at my shows, ask my guests at checkout what groups they are involved in and suggest that we do a fundraiser to raise money for them.

They are really easy to do -- I pack a catalog, cover letter and 10 order forms in a manilla envelope with a Pampered Chef sticker on the outside of it. Each participant gets one. I make myself available to speak to the group, but haven't had many ask me to....everyone knows how to collect orders!

Talk it up, look in newspapers for groups that meet locally and call them -- MOPS, TOPS, community center groups, schools, etc.

It takes a little work to get the word out, but it's well worth it -- they are really easy money!

If it's a worth while cause (ACS or similar), I give an additional 5% of my own commission.

I let everyone know that our fundraisers don't carry a huge markup and that 75% of our catalog is under $20 so many can afford to order. I get really excited about the prospect of helping the organization, too. That gets them even more excited.

Last edited:
jwpamp said:
I usually try to have at least one fundraiser going per month. I talk them up at my shows, ask my guests at checkout what groups they are involved in and suggest that we do a fundraiser to raise money for them.

They are really easy to do -- I pack a catalog, cover letter and 10 order forms in a manilla envelope with a Pampered Chef sticker on the outside of it. Each participant gets one. I make myself available to speak to the group, but haven't had many ask me to....everyone knows how to collect orders!

Can you post a copy of your cover letter, please?

riggs62, can you post your cover letter too, please? I nned all the help I can get....
Thanks.

ragschef said:
Can you post a copy of your cover letter, please?

Yes please!!

I haven't done many fundraisers either and would like to do more. I was thinking about doing letters for different organizations and I find it funny that you had low response, Jennifer!

I like the idea of trying to have one a month going. That's a nice goal! Maybe I will add that to my goals list.

I would love to see a sample cover letter too, please! :D

Janice~I would love to see a sample of your cover letter. My son is involved in several organizations and being a new consultant, I really think this would help get my name out there.

Thanks for the ideas!

Dena

I will do my 5th fundraiser this year on December 1st and I've done one a month since school started. They are easy to find if you focus on helping to fill a need and not on the percentage. Schools are GREAT because there is always a need. The FR for my son's HS Chorus involved the September cookbook sale. Kids sold the cookbooks for $15 and kept the difference between the $10 cost and their sales, they then got a fundraising check from HO which put them at nearly $700... much better than the candle lady who came right on my heels offering a 40% profit to sell her products. BTW - The 60% off host special they chose was the $145 Roaster and Rack which the Chorus Boosters bought and we will fill with product and grocery gift certificates to be auctioned at their Silent Auction in the spring.

How many of you are asked for donations? I am taking a booth at a Christian school's fall festival Saturday. They asked me to donate something to the silent auction, instead I offered to hold a fundraiser and all purchases made that day at my booth would go to their fundraiser. Since I needed a host/chairperson, one of the mom's volunteered and I said it was a shame this could not continue through the end of the month... she said the Senior class needs money for their spring trip so now Seniors will be spreading my handouts through the crowd directing people to my booth and for the rest of the month they will be selling to their parents and grandparents for me.

A woman I used to know contacted me to support her fundraising walk for the American Stroke Association... I said I was not in a position to give her money, but I would be very happy to hold a fundraiser for her cause. She never heard of Pampered Chef but is jumping for joy & inviting 100 people to our fundraiser on December 1st. We will be raffling off a Small Batter Bowl filled with Celebration Cookie mix and decorated with ribbon as we do the Homemade for the Holidays show.

I've learned to handle every request for a donation with an offer to give them more than money... my time, my expertise, my great products and above all FUN. It's hard to raise money these days and everyone appreciates help. Look for ways to help them and make it fun in the process and you can't go wrong.

jrstephens said:
I cannot get a fundrasier b/c our percentages are so bad that no one wants to do them. I stopped marketing them and will just mention them if I am around somone who might be intersted. At first I sent letters and catalogs to local schools but when that got zero response after a couple of tries I stopped wasting my catalogs.

This drives me nuts! My son's school sells trashbags and Sally Something giftwrap for PTA, his scout troop sells popcorn, with around a 30% "commission" or "donation".

Hello, hardly anyone buys a bag of popcorn at $8 a pop for what you can get in the grocery store for $3. When they do, they feel like they're giving to charity. Likewise, with the overpriced candy bars I see kids selling in the neighborhood.

I am still working on the school PTA about that giftwrap. If they would just let me try a PC fundraiser once, I think they'd see how much more they would actually get funded!

The percentage is not the problem; their current product is the problem.
It's a hurdle to be overcome.

How many of you are asked for donations?

Karo, thanks for this tip - I will remember it!

Make sure you have a box on your drawing slip or guest survey that the guests can indictate they want more info on fundraisers! I just got someone yesterday that checked the "fundraiser" box so I am going to follow up with a call and get some info to her! Hopefully it turns out to a real FUNDRAISER! I can't wait!

Fundraisers are something I definitely want to try to do. I've got a list of about a dozen local organizations locally that I know could benefit. Figure on sending something out to their fundraiser committee and follow up with phone calls... I'd love to do one a month. I'm not targeting schools though... I know our HSA chapter is very happy with the Cherrydale fundraiser they do and they LOVE the percentage and aren't likely to change that... so I've gotten some other places including the local SPCA and animal rescues (who are always cash strapped)... daycares and other places that are always looking to make money... I'm also keeping an eye out for folks who are hosting 'beef n beers' or car washes for various folks and groups... figure it can't hurt to get creative and well, the size of our schools scares me from the idea of doing a fundraiser that way anyway. LOL... each school does what it wants to raise funds so I'd have 7 elementaries right there but the thought is daunting with just the number of envelopes needed.. in time perhaps.

1. How do I effectively market my fundraisers?

One way to market your fundraisers is by using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also reach out to local businesses and community organizations to see if they would be interested in partnering with you or promoting your fundraiser. Additionally, word of mouth and personal invitations can be effective in getting people to book fundraisers.

2. What can I do to increase interest in my fundraisers during the holidays?

During the holidays, people are often looking for ways to give back and support their community. To increase interest in your fundraisers during this time, consider offering holiday-themed products, promoting the fundraiser as a way to give back during the season of giving, and utilizing holiday-related hashtags and messaging in your marketing efforts.

3. How can I get more people to book fundraisers?

One strategy is to offer incentives for people who book fundraisers, such as a discount on their own purchase or a free product. You can also reach out to past customers or supporters and ask them to host a fundraiser. Additionally, networking and building relationships with potential hosts can help to increase the number of bookings.

4. How can I make my fundraisers more successful?

To increase the success of your fundraisers, make sure to have a clear and compelling message about the cause or organization you are fundraising for. Provide high-quality products or experiences for the hosts and their guests. Also, be organized and communicate effectively with the host to ensure a smooth and successful event.

5. How can I benefit from fundraisers that I didn't directly host?

If you are not the host of a fundraiser, you can still benefit by building relationships with the hosts and guests. Offer your support and expertise during the planning and execution of the fundraiser, and follow up with the host and guests after the event. This can lead to potential future bookings and referrals for your fundraisers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • taterbug
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • beckysuem