• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Church Fundraisers: How to Approach Potentials and Sell the Why?

In summary, Meredith shared some helpful advice for approaching potential PC fundraiser participants, including tips on how to sell the benefits of fundraising and how to create a successful event. She also shared a letter she uses to introduce herself and explain PC's benefits to potential donors. Finally, she offered some helpful tips for organizing and running a successful PC fundraiser.
amy07
I really liked the suggestions about WHO to offer fundraisers to, but like one of the posters near the end I need ideas on:
1. How to approach potentials
2. Selling the why they should do a PC fundraiser.

Some things I do know, like our prices are not marked up and such. But I am really at a loss as to how to approach. The few fundraisers that I have done have not had the stellar results that I have seen others have. HOW do you motivate the chairperson to motivate the members.........And what materials are you finding helpful?

I have a few potentials that I would like to line up for January, but I want to have all my "stuff" ready! TIA:)

I got this from someone on here when I first started and it has helped.
I do alot of fundraisers and now I have alot of schools contacting me about them.
Go to schools, give them a packet, I put the fundraiser info I ordered from the supply list, this attached form, a letter and references from other fundraisers I have done as well as a sheet on how well other fundraisers have done.

HTH
Good luck :)

Attachments

• whychoosetpcfundraiser2.doc
    665.5 KB · Views: 651
thanks Meredith.
Do you mind sharing your letter?
Also, do you just send the info out "cold" or what? I've never had any real training on how to go about Fundraisers. And the few that I have done just didn't get off the ground. I want to really get into this area of business in 2009! I'm pulling out all the stops to get to Disney in 2010!;)

amy07 said:
thanks Meredith.
Do you mind sharing your letter?
Also, do you just send the info out "cold" or what? I've never had any real training on how to go about Fundraisers. And the few that I have done just didn't get off the ground. I want to really get into this area of business in 2009! I'm pulling out all the stops to get to Disney in 2010!;)

Sorry, have been at the grocery store with all the other crazies getting my Thanksgiving fixings. I will PM you nad get your e-mail and send you the letter, I modify it each time depending on the situation. The very first one I did, I approached the school where my son goes to High School and I got a taker, then it took off from there. I have sent packets to all the schools,
pre-schools, and the athletic directors for schools. I ask friends/family if they know anyone who might be interested and they put a bug in that person's ear, then I contact them. I am not pushy, just helpful and if they don't do it, they know I am around if they want to be. I had one group pass this fall, but already booked me for spring. I did a big multi-vendor event for my son's High School which did well for my PC business and now it is going to be an annual event I am in charge of and I have gotten calls from other schools asking me about how they can do something similiar. word of mouth :)

I approached my son's preschool about a fundraiser and we're currently running it. I'm attaching the letter I gave the teacher (it's a very small school, no administration). The teacher had mentioned needing new play yard equipment the previous day so I went home and wrote up the letter, and the next morning I just asked if I could speak to her for a moment, and said something like this:

"I'm a PC consultant (she visibly lit up - she likes PC!), and you may not know that we offer great fundraisers. I thought that (our school) might benefit from a fundraiser to help replace our play yard equipment. PC is great because people get something that they'll use, rather than candy or wrapping paper that will just be used up. Would you like more information?"

She said yes, that sounded great, and so I gave her the letter and a catalog and we've gone from there.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• generic fundraiser offer.doc
    674.5 KB · Views: 685
Great idea. Schools in this area are so strict about fundraisers. You have to ask for a fundraiser in the summer(for the whole year) and then it has to be approved. .. or it doesn't happen. Great idea though!!

Anyone have any suggestions on a church fundraiser and how to get that started?

Related to Church Fundraisers: How to Approach Potentials and Sell the Why?

What is "Now to the How and Why"?

"Now to the How and Why" is a Pampered Chef philosophy that focuses on teaching customers the reasons behind the techniques and tools used in cooking, rather than just providing recipes. This allows for a deeper understanding and appreciation of the cooking process.

Why is the "Now to the How and Why" approach important?

The "Now to the How and Why" approach is important because it empowers customers to become confident and knowledgeable cooks. By understanding the reasons behind the techniques and tools used in cooking, customers can adapt and improvise in the kitchen, rather than solely relying on recipes.

How does Pampered Chef incorporate the "Now to the How and Why" approach into their products?

Pampered Chef incorporates the "Now to the How and Why" approach into their products by providing detailed information and tips on the proper use and care of their cooking tools and equipment. They also offer cooking classes and demonstrations to educate customers on the science and techniques behind cooking.

Is the "Now to the How and Why" approach suitable for all levels of cooking experience?

Yes, the "Now to the How and Why" approach is suitable for all levels of cooking experience. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, understanding the reasons behind cooking techniques and tools can enhance your skills and make you a more confident and versatile cook.

Can the "Now to the How and Why" approach be applied to all types of cuisine?

Yes, the "Now to the How and Why" approach can be applied to all types of cuisine. Understanding the science and techniques behind cooking is applicable to all types of food and can help you become a more well-rounded and versatile cook.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies