• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser for a Community Group

depending on sales, etc...Why can't the party be held at the organization's meeting place or at a party room? Most towns have such a thing or a church or school might allow the use of their space. I would not call it a party room. I would urge getting the group together for the kickoff. You will have more success that way. There isn't a way for individuals to have shows and the group to get a percentage. Doesn't work that way.
TheFreddiesCook
I was approached by the fundraiser comm. of a community group about the possibility of doing a FR in the Fall. There are about 100 members. I'd like to touch base again with the lady and see if they've decided to do it. She said she would keep me posted but I don't want to wait for her to call. What can I say? I'd like to have a better experience than last time...

No one has any advice? Please!

I wouldn't call with a sales pitch, I'd just simply ask if they had time to review the fundraiser info (assuming you gave them some) and ask "what did you think?" Then be quiet & actually listen to their answer. If they have questions, try to answer them, but don't attack them with defensive answers if they have reservations. Just point out all the bonuses ... average order is ~ $60. If each of the 100 members collected $300 in orders (about 5 orders), their fundraiser would be around $3,000 earning them ~ $450.00 (which is 15%). What if some or most of the members did better & brought in higher sales? The earning potential is endless. If you can offer the web page, it would be a long process but you could give each participant their own catalog show & allow them to send online invitations to their friends/family across America (and of course on military bases overseas) which could increse their profits by pulling orders from OUTSIDE the community. ;)

Just call her and say that you are working on your calendar and was inquiring whether they were going ahead with the fundraiser. Her answer will direct you from there. Have a plan ready: date for kickoff cooking show, flyers to hand out to the group, etc.

After your conversation you can email her a "sample" flyer and ask for her input. They usually love it but sometimes they want to tweek it slightly. I put what I use on your other thread.

:confused: I need advice ASAP!

I heard from the organizer. She said that she presented the PC fr idea to the committee and that they felt that a home party would be restrctive and would not be accescible to as many people as possible... ( ??? )

She wants to know if a few people can host a party and then donate to the club as part of their parties???? How would this work?

The only thing I can think of telling her is that it doesn't need to be a home party, that all the club families can take catalogs home, take orders and bring them in with payment by the date we set.

Then... WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPLAIN? HELP!!!! I am having bad luck with fundraisers.....:cry:

I already explained about the percentage they get, depending on sales, etc...

Why can't the party be held at the organization's meeting place or at a party room? Most towns have such a thing or a church or school might allow the use of their space. I would not call it a party room. I would urge getting the group together for the kickoff. You will have more success that way. There isn't a way for individuals to have shows and the group to get a percentage. Doesn't work that way.

If I were you I'd talk to your upline and have them go over what they do when having fundraisers. Sometimes the give and take of a conversation can be more helpfull than bits and pieces on a chat board.

Well, the information I sent her was what my director gave me for fundraisers... I will check with my director again... Maybe we could have a 3-way call... hopefully involving my director doesn't make it look like I am desperate for business....

TheFreddiesCook said:
:confused: I need advice ASAP!

I heard from the organizer. She said that she presented the PC fr idea to the committee and that they felt that a home party would be restrctive and would not be accescible to as many people as possible... ( ??? )

She wants to know if a few people can host a party and then donate to the club as part of their parties???? How would this work?

The only thing I can think of telling her is that it doesn't need to be a home party, that all the club families can take catalogs home, take orders and bring them in with payment by the date we set.

Then... WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPLAIN? HELP!!!! I am having bad luck with fundraisers.....:cry:

I already explained about the percentage they get, depending on sales, etc...

Just thinking how terrible my first and only FR went, and other than that, how every fundraiser talk I've had, the answer is "NO, we would open the doors to similar offers", "NO, we need to limit the amount of fundraisers that we do" and now " NO, we can't do a FR with you because it would not be accesible to as many people as possible".

Last edited:
Maybe they don't understand that a fundraiser isn't only the cooking show? In fact, most of the fundraisers I've done have been via catalog only. I give each participant a packet with a catalog or two (depending on how big the fundraiser is), several outside order forms, a letter explaining how it works, and a raffle sheet. I can't think of anything more accessible than that!

I know!!! I just told her... We'll see what she says...

That tells me she did not read the first e-mail I sent, because that's exactly what I said. I told her each family would take catalogs home and collect orders. I never said anything about a home show...

If they decide to go with it, how should I handle the 100 catalogs and order forms? I don't want to spend money like I did for that other fundraiser where I lost $350 or more....

TheFreddiesCook said:
If they decide to go with it, how should I handle the 100 catalogs and order forms? I don't want to spend money like I did for that other fundraiser where I lost $350 or more....

Don't give more than 4-6 to the organizer before your event date. There are only a percentage of people who will participate and it's likely to be more like 25% than 100%. Do a demo/gathering where you explain how it works and give out catalogs there. Be sure your flyer has your contact info and website and how to see the catalog online. Have extra catalogs there in case you have a group that wants to keep them to share but for the most part people can order and then leave the catalog if you don't have enough to give to everyone. Do let those that are more interested keep them though and encourage everyone to get outside orders.

Related to Fundraiser for a Community Group

1. How does a fundraiser with Pampered Chef benefit our community group?

By hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser, your community group can earn a percentage of the sales as cash or product credit. This can help fund various initiatives and programs within your group, while also providing members with high-quality kitchen products.

2. How do we get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser for our community group?

To get started, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting a fundraiser. They will guide you through the process and provide all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success.

3. Can we customize the products offered in our fundraiser?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of customizable options for fundraisers. You can choose specific products to feature, create personalized bundles, or even create your own fundraising catalog with a selection of products from the Pampered Chef catalog.

4. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

The length of a fundraiser can vary depending on your group's needs and goals. Typically, fundraisers last between 2-4 weeks to allow enough time for orders to be collected and processed. Your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your fundraiser.

5. Are there any fees or costs associated with hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront fees or costs to host a Pampered Chef fundraiser. Your consultant will provide all the necessary materials and support at no cost to you. The only cost involved is the purchase of products by your supporters, which will directly benefit your community group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SueAdx
  • Teresa LM
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom