• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising for a Cat Shelter: Raising Money & Ideas

In summary, the conversation discusses a fundraiser for a cat shelter where the host will donate their entire commission to the shelter. They plan to hold a raffle for items that would have been free products for the host. The conversation also suggests a bingo game and selling squares for a chance to win free products. The details of how the raffles and bingo game would work are discussed. There is also mention of donating to a charity walk and whether a true PC fundraiser would work for this situation.
kam
Staff member
I am doing a "fundraiser" for a gal to benefit a cat shelter.

I am NOT setting it up as a true Fundraiser. I am going to donate my entire commission to the shelter. So she would get 20% of the entire show sales rather than 25-30% she could get as doing it as a true FR.

What we are thinking of doing (since we are holding this as a show) is picking some items she would have gotten as Free Product and having a raffle for these items. ($1 chance/$5 for 6 chances). We are thinking what we could possibly raise more this way.

If it is a $500 show, FR = $125 (my comm + 10%) vs Reg show = $100 (my comm). But I think we could get atleast $25 in raffle money.

The only drawback is if she has an $800 show - then it would be:
FR = $240 (my comm + 15%) vs Reg show = $160 (my comm).

What would you do? Her last show was $800 - but we don't know how this is one is going to go.

We need to decide before hand to set up the "raffles".

ALSO: Does anyone else have any other ideas for raising money?? I would like to try to get her as much as possible.

I am going to offer any bookings off her show half my commission on those shows.

As a one-time event, do a similar thing about your raffles - but play bingo. Have folks pay $5 to $10 for a bingo card, winner gets $50 toward their PC order, consequent winners may get $30 off or $20 off. Most of $$ for bingo goes straight to charity.

I just did a fundraiser show...One thing I did that was a huge success was had 50 squares available for $2 a piece, then cut the squares up and drew for $100 in free product. You could do this as a 50/50 raffle...50 in free product and 50 to the benefit. I could have easily sold 100 squares or more...good luck!

scottcooks said:
As a one-time event, do a similar thing about your raffles - but play bingo. Have folks pay $5 to $10 for a bingo card, winner gets $50 toward their PC order, consequent winners may get $30 off or $20 off. Most of $$ for bingo goes straight to charity.

Does the $50 toward their order come out of my pocket?

ughubug said:
I just did a fundraiser show...One thing I did that was a huge success was had 50 squares available for $2 a piece, then cut the squares up and drew for $100 in free product. You could do this as a 50/50 raffle...50 in free product and 50 to the benefit. I could have easily sold 100 squares or more...good luck!

Did you use the Free Product value available to the host to cover the $100 free product?

This would be a nice idea since she could "sell" the squares ahead of time to anyone - even if they can't come to the show.

When you do that, the $100 goes on the show total - when you're selling 100 tickets at $2 each, you get $200. $100 goes to the benefit, the other is used to buy $100 in product for the winner. When I do it I tell them they win a $100 shopping spree!

mountainmama74 said:
When you do that, the $100 goes on the show total - when you're selling 100 tickets at $2 each, you get $200. $100 goes to the benefit, the other is used to buy $100 in product for the winner. When I do it I tell them they win a $100 shopping spree!

I love this idea! I'm planning to hopefully have a huge fundraiser for a local organization this May, and will be using this. Thanks :)

how does this work. you sell the squares, are there numbers on the squares and is one drawn and that person wins a certain amount towards products? Please explain.
Anna

I was just contacted last night regarding a similar situation from a customer of mine. I've never done a fundraiser before and they are trying to earn money for a Relay for Life walk a bunch of them are doing in a few months. I want them to get the biggest bang for their buck and they already want Pc products. I've never done a walk of any kind, but have donated money towards friends who have. Based on what I've read, a true PC fundraiser wouldn't work since they probably would need to write out the check to the individual team to benefit. . , .right? Please help

I work for ACS so all they would need to do is have the check made out to ACS-Ohio Division but use THEIR address. Then, they can turn the check in to their Relay event to be credited towards their team! I am doing the same thing for a few Relay teams in my area including my own.

I just did a fundraiser last month. We did a drawing for $100 shopping spree and a $50 shopping spree and a different drawing for the stainless bowls (host special that month)

Tickets were $1 or 6/$5 We brought in $350 for the shopping sprees ($150 used to pay for their products). $180 on the stainless bowls ($29.60 to purchase those)

The great thing was I was able to add these sales to the fundraiser so we ALSO earned $ to the cause at the same time.

Everyone was really excited.

1. How can I get started with fundraising for a cat shelter?

To get started, reach out to the cat shelter you wish to support and discuss the fundraising goals and any guidelines they may have. You can also brainstorm ideas for fundraising events or campaigns that align with the shelter's mission and values.

2. What are some effective ways to raise money for a cat shelter?

Some effective ways to raise money for a cat shelter include hosting a bake sale, organizing a charity walk or run, setting up a donation box at local businesses, or partnering with a local restaurant for a percentage night.

3. Are there any specific legal considerations when fundraising for a cat shelter?

Yes, it's important to follow all local and state laws related to fundraising and charitable organizations. This may include obtaining necessary permits or licenses, accurately reporting donations and expenses, and following regulations for online fundraising.

4. How can I get my community involved in the fundraising efforts?

You can get your community involved by promoting the cause on social media, reaching out to local media for coverage, and collaborating with other organizations or businesses in your area. You can also encourage community members to volunteer their time or donate items for a charity auction.

5. Can I donate a portion of my Pampered Chef sales to a cat shelter?

Yes, you can donate a portion of your Pampered Chef sales to a cat shelter through our Round-Up from the Heart program. Simply select the shelter as your Round-Up from the Heart recipient at checkout, and a portion of your purchase will be donated to support their mission.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • CABean03
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CABean03
  • kam