• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting Bingo Fundraisers to Raise Money & Build Business

In summary, Amanda posted a flyer for a Bingo Fundraiser that she tweaked from an idea she read on chef success. Winners of the prizes that night take home something physical.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Some of you were wondering how we do our Bingo Fundraisers, so I'm posting how we tweaked it from an idea I saw on chef success. Last year we were looking for a way to get Fundraisers & increase our business. I had read on here how people were hosting these bingo nights & walking away w/ over a $1,000 in sales & doing 2-4 shows in one night. I was intrigued because I want to work smarter not harder.

Here's what we have done. We find a school or organization that needs to raise $$. We pick a date for a Bingo Mania night that works for them & us. They find the place & supply it (schools we usually use their cafeterias, we have used a local conference center we can rent it for $25 w/ the non profit #)

We advertise in the paper & on the radio for people to come play bingo for some fabulous pampered chef prizes, & of course whoever the Fundraiser is for we invite all of them. Then we each try to find hosts (the host invites all their friends & family to come play bingo. All orders collected from her friends & family go in her name as a show, plus we encourage them to collect outside orders just like hosting a show *they have the option to take host benefits or turn it into a Fundraiser to give the organization extra $$) I have a goal of at least 3 hosts per Bingo, sometimes it doesn't work & sometimes it does.

Bingo Night~
We have bought Daubers & bingo cards (take the money out of Bingo sales to cover the expenses). I have a program on my laptop that I bought for $10 to call numbers or one of the other girls has a bingo ball table. We Usually do 8-10 games, and sell the bingo game packs (1 of every game) starting at $15, 2 of every game $25, & 3 of every game $30.

We take about 25% of bingo sales(I say about because what we bring in varies from group to group) to buy the next bingo prizes & the rest is a donation to the organization. There's 3 of us, so we usually split the $$ for prizes & enter the order under our name.

We also do a 50/50 raffle. we sell the tickets at $1 each or 30 tickets(head to toe) for $10. 50% of the money goes to the organization & the other is a shopping spree out of our catalog. The most we had was $180 dollars I believe.

It's a lot of fun, & more & more of my customers are loving this idea. They don't have to clean their house or buy any food. Oh sometimes the organizations sell food/snacks (that's them not us).

I hope this explains better, please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks Amanda! I just sent out some emails yesterday to our local fire & rescue squads to see if there was any interest. Your outline helps tremendously!

ok, so what did they win playing bingo? Money or Prizes? If prizes what were they?
thanks

Amanda,Do you have physical product that the winners actually take with them that night? or do they win X amount of dollars worth of product that they can order that night?Also, do you have a copy of the invitation or announcement you use?Thanks so much!

Debbie & Suzi~ Prizes are as followsWarm up games 3 or 4 games~ season's best, 1 twixit, & a small rubRegular games (bought a book of 5)~ These are $15-$20 items or we have been putting 2 or 3 items that around $20 in the gift bag. If we have multiple winners they each choose 1 gift out of the gift bag.Blackout~ Usually around $100 worth of prizes we put in a PC shopping bag. After each bingo we discuss what to order for the next, & tack it on as the co-host of one of those shows for the evening. (if there is multiple winners on the blackout, we split the prize, we have them pick a number from the bingo board, whoever is closest gets to pick first and so on)The only thing that's a you pick is the 50/50 raffle.Hope that explains the prizes better.I will post the flyer tonight, it's at home on my disk drive.

Did you ever post the flyer?

If so what is it under?

Sorry I totally spaced it, thanks for reminding me.....

I have uploaded the flyer that we took off of here & tweaked, the reminder we use for school's & the thank you letter also stole off this site & tweaked. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• PC BINGO Thank You Letter.doc
    62 KB · Views: 633
  • RV BINGO reminder.doc
    45 KB · Views: 495
  • Calpella Bingo.doc
    26 KB · Views: 491
OK ya'll... I'm still not sure I understand this..... so,..you have physical product at the event for prizes?? So, you order the products ahead of time and then recoup your cost from the sale of the bingo cards?

Also,...you said you sell the cards 5 for $15? How many games do you play at an event?

And maybe this is a stupid question (sorry) what is 50/50?

Thanks for your patience with me :)

Suzi~ yes there is physical product there & we do get the money back after the Bingo ticket sales.The $15 pack contains 1 card for warm ups, then a book of 3 games (3 squares per game) for early bird games, then a book of 5 games (4 squares per game), 2 blackout cards, & we include 5 50/50 tickets.Now the 50/50 & it's not a stupid question. We sell tickets for a shopping spree. $1 each or 30 for $10 (head to toe). We take the total collected for this (separate from ticket sales), 50% goes to the organization & 50% goes to the lucky ticket winner in the form of a shopping spree. For example we sold $220 in 50/50 tickets, $110 would go to the organization & $110 will be awarded to the lucky ticket winner as a shopping spree out of our Catalog.I hope this better explains your questions.

So the only sales of product is the 50/50 winner and then you the consultant buying for the next fundraisers bingo winners? I think??? Sorry I'm not getting where the show turns out to be a big money maker unless the 50/50 is big.

chefmoseley said:
So the only sales of product is the 50/50 winner and then you the consultant buying for the next fundraisers bingo winners? I think??? Sorry I'm not getting where the show turns out to be a big money maker unless the 50/50 is big.

That's only a portion of the sales, I have a goal to have 3 hosts per bingo event. The hosts invite all their family & friends to come play bingo, collect orders, & reap the reward of the host benefits.

A bingo event I did in November, I had 3 hosts (1 host turned it into a Fundraiser $1333, next host turned it into a fundraiser $198, & the last host took the host rewards $672). All of this was $2203 in sales for 1 afternoon. Plus $100 shopping spree sales.

We also generate leads & sales from people who come to support the organization that are not part of our hosts.

now i get it :) sorry my lightbulb is a little florescent today...

Mine is still flickering! :confused: I have never heard of 'head to toe' -- what is that? And I have never heard of different games of Bingo. Is that something you can order or what? I am very intrigued by this whole idea.

Thanks!
Sandi

Amanda, Thanks! That makes more sense now :)

How much do you usually spend on product for each event? And how do you approach an organization about hosting?

sandilou said:
Mine is still flickering! :confused: I have never heard of 'head to toe' -- what is that? And I have never heard of different games of Bingo. Is that something you can order or what? I am very intrigued by this whole idea.

Thanks!
Sandi

Sandi~ All Head to toe is the measurement of tickets. On average it takes 30 tickets to measure from head to toe. We stuck to 30 because we could prepare tickets ahead of time.

The different bingo games is just titles (also prizes are smaller for the early bird games, than regular games, & the blackout is what everyone wants), we use different bingo color cards to keep things easy.

suzipooh said:
Amanda, Thanks! That makes more sense now :)

How much do you usually spend on product for each event? And how do you approach an organization about hosting?

I would say we spend about $250 in products before host discount. We tend to put it as a co-host on one of the previous bingos (w/ the hosts permission of course)

The first 2 bingos were for schools we both worked at, then it just spread by word of mouth through our customer base. I also offer it as a fundraiser option at my shows, tell people about it when we do fairs. We did do a Help Whip Cancer one last May & donated the money to ACS!!

So do your hosts just basically tell their guests that they are going to go play Bingo, and they can order there? Do you have catalogs, order forms, and Door prize slips their for collecting contact names?

Yes Catalogs & order forms are on every table. I have picked up several $1 calculators that I put on the table too. Here is my evite wording for the hosts to send via email:Save the date for Bingo Mania Pampered Chef Style!! You are invited to a Pampered Chef Show and Bingo FUNdraiser for Nokomis Elementary 3rd grade!! Play Bingo and win some fabulous Pampered Chef products!! Snacks will be available for purchase to help raise money for the 2nd grade classes. Come join us for bingo & bring a Friend or white board markers for a FREE blackout card!! Bingo Packs start @ $15 & individual games will be available to purchase.Your Host: Susy Q Date: Tuesday Jan 26thTime: Doors open @ 5:30, Early bird games @ 6PM, & Regular games @ 6:30Location: Nokomis Elementary Cafeteria 5555 Someplace, Ukiah** RSVP by:Monday Jan 25th for a FREE blackout card.**

Amanda - About how long do your bingo events last? I'm currently working on getting one together .. Thanks so much for all of your info- it is very helpful.

Okay, something I forgot to give you. Here are the websites where we have gotten supplies.This one we have bought our daubers, & bingo tickets. When you spend $75 they ship it for FREE & it has lasted us through at least 12 bingos & we still don't need any supplies yet.Bingo Supplies - Buy Bingo Supplies at WholesaleBingoSupplies.comThis is where I downloaded a software program to call the numbers on my laptop. It's in pounds, but I think it was around $25 for the program. http://www.stateside-bingo.co.uk/We did get paid back after the first bingo event & still raised over $300 for the school.

Thanks again Amanda .. (How many daubers did you buy?)

I think we started out w/ 60, & a lot of people bring their own in our community.

Some more questions.......

Do you provide any food? or is it totally provided by the organization?

Are your host "show" orders input separately? Therefore, really aren't part of the fundraiser efforts (except for their guests bingo purchases and 50/50 purchases).

Bren706 said:
Some more questions.......

Do you provide any food? or is it totally provided by the organization?

Are your host "show" orders input separately? Therefore, really aren't part of the fundraiser efforts (except for their guests bingo purchases and 50/50 purchases).

Brenda we don't do any of the food. There has been a few bingos where they have used pc recipes. The only food I have brought is samples of the sauces on a separate table. Which has led to more sales.

I leave it up to the hosts whether to turn it into a Fundraiser. Some hosts are for the organization & do the fundraiser. Plus each consultant who has random orders not w/ a host table, we put those orders in as a Fundraiser.

I was going to talk to the people who host the BINGO my mom and I play every Tuesday, because that's a fundraiser. But you've just almost answered all my questions. Thanks for all the great information!We're thinking of doing either Basket Bingo (not PC though, but donations) or regular Bingo (with PC). Still have to see which the chairperson would like best. I'm helping him try to organize more fundraisers, and Bingo was one of my ideas.I'm a little confused about the host part, and having more then one. Could you explain that a bit more please?

Last edited:
nysart8902 said:
I'm a little confused about the host part, and having more then one. Could you explain that a bit more please?

I'm a little confused by the host part too. Can you clarify that? I would like to work this into my fundraising lineup as well. I think it would be very successful!

nysart8902 said:
I was going to talk to the people who host the BINGO my mom and I play every Tuesday, because that's a fundraiser. But you've just almost answered all my questions. Thanks for all the great information!

We're thinking of doing either Basket Bingo (not PC though, but donations) or regular Bingo (with PC). Still have to see which the chairperson would like best. I'm helping him try to organize more fundraisers, and Bingo was one of my ideas.

I'm a little confused about the host part, and having more then one. Could you explain that a bit more please?

AlowayFamily said:
I'm a little confused by the host part too. Can you clarify that? I would like to work this into my fundraising lineup as well. I think it would be very successful!

Just saw this ladies, sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Hosting a table is easy, you find people who would like to host a table (I try to find at least 3). They invite all their friends & Family to come play Bingo (this also helps raise more $$ for the organization) They collect orders that night & also outside orders. They choose to turn it in as a show for the shopping spree, or they can turn it in as a fundraiser for the organization. I try to find at least 3, so I can have 3 shows in one evening. I also offer this as an option to host at my shows. I promote it by telling them, they don't have to buy food or clean their house & still can reap the benefit of hosting.

I hope this makes sense.

pamperedalf said:
Just saw this ladies, sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Hosting a table is easy, you find people who would like to host a table (I try to find at least 3). They invite all their friends & Family to come play Bingo (this also helps raise more $$ for the organization) They collect orders that night & also outside orders. They choose to turn it in as a show for the shopping spree, or they can turn it in as a fundraiser for the organization. I try to find at least 3, so I can have 3 shows in one evening. I also offer this as an option to host at my shows. I promote it by telling them, they don't have to buy food or clean their house & still can reap the benefit of hosting.

I hope this makes sense.

So the hosts that you invite (and others invite) get the same benefits as if they hosted their own show? How do you get them to go around and collect orders from their guests the night of Bingo?

Nancy~ I host coach them to do it. (if I have time during the event I do it, but if I'm calling #'s they do it).

I have recently starting doing Bingo (thanks to Amanda's outline!) and it has been a HUGE hit. They love it! Thanks Amanda for your great tips and ideas.

Patti, I'm glad it's working out for you!! :)

1. How do you find organizations to host Bingo Fundraisers?

We usually reach out to schools or non-profit organizations in our community to see if they are in need of fundraising. We also advertise through local media outlets to attract potential organizations.

2. How do you advertise your Bingo Fundraisers?

We advertise through local media outlets such as newspapers and radio stations. We also use social media and word of mouth to spread the word about our Bingo Fundraisers.

3. Can you explain how the Bingo Night works?

We typically have 8-10 games during the Bingo Night. We sell bingo game packs, with different prices depending on the number of games included. We also have a 50/50 raffle where half of the money goes to the organization and the other half is used for a shopping spree in our catalog.

4. How do you handle the prizes for the Bingo games?

We take a portion of the bingo sales to cover the cost of the prizes for the next bingo night. The rest of the money is donated to the hosting organization. We split the cost of the prizes among the three of us and enter the order under our names.

5. Do you have any tips for finding hosts for the Bingo Fundraisers?

We encourage our customers to become hosts for the Bingo Fundraisers, as they can invite their friends and family to play and also have the option to collect outside orders. We also reach out to our existing hosts and offer them the opportunity to host a Bingo Fundraiser in addition to their regular party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
kisrae
Replies
Views
tlag1986