• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do people back out of booking shows after expressing interest?

In summary, the three girls were interested in booking a show, but all of them chickened out when it came to picking a date. The speaker suggests incorporating food, fun, friends, and freebies into the conversation in order to get people to book shows from them. When calling customers, they offer their services and cross sell related products. The speaker also suggests hosting a coach to get bookings before the show starts. Finally, the speaker talks about how this can save customers time in the kitchen and make a great buffet menu item.
Yakmama
I've had several shows the past couple of weeks, and every time it comes time to talk about hosting a show, everyone gets really excited and says they want to do it. Then when we talk about the details and picking a date- they ALL chicken out!

Tonight was the same story. I had three girls show lots of interest in booking a show. When it came to pinning down a date- NONE of them would commit! It's so darn frustrating- b/c when I call them back in a couple of days to pick a show date they always back out.

I know they have fun at the shows b/c they always seem really interested in hosting. It's just picking the dates that gets everyone. I always hear, "well the holidays are coming up and I'll be so busy." Or "I don't have a free weekend until January" or "none of my friends would want to come at this time of year." I offer them gifts for booking, power cooking shows, cookie exchange shows, quick 30 minute shows, cookingless shows, etc. etc. None of them will pick a date.

So I am DESPERATE for tips on getting people to book from shows!

I feel your pain. Incorporate Food, Fun, Friends and FREE!!!

I have been listening to audio tapes (Booking strategies from the pro's) avail on supply order form item #AW20. And also Build your buiness with Customer Care, # AX13. But I have also found that if I host coach my host into getting bookings before her show starts, I have greater success. She prompts her friends because I have told her that she can also get the host special at their shows. And I will throw in a little incentive for her to get me these bookings prior to her show. Also I automatically re-book my host so that when she has another party within 6 months, she gets 2 host specials! I tell them that this is another service that I provide to them to get everything that they want free or discounted.

Follow up on customer care calls too. When you call them, offer your services to them. Like free recipes for the holidays, or centerpeice ideas, or even offer to help them with menu choices. These things don't cost you anything, but you sure stick out in their minds as the Pampered Chef lady and More! Look at what they ordered and see if you can cross sell something with it. Offer a special recipe for them to make using what they purchased. What is your signature? Do they remember you because you helped them and you were fun or do they just remember you as someone who is trying to sell them something?

Talk about making the delicious 20 ribs in the deep covered baker and that they can get it only during the month of Novermber for $26!! But if they pick a date tonight and keep that date, they can get it for just $16!!! Ladies, that is such a deal! Ask me about how you can do that. Then all during your show drop little hints but leave them wanting more. Believe me, someone will ask you how they can get it at that price. Of course you will tell them during your full service check out that it is only thru you and that they have to have a $400 or more show. Even if they don't get to $400, they can still get it for $26. And you and I both know that that is a great price.

Talk up how this can actually save them time in the kitchen and it makes a great buffet menu item. Relate it to the upcoming holidays, but get them to want to make the recipe. You need to be very descriptive and have their mouths watering. Market your recipe and the host special together.

You can also invite them to your home for a "Taste of the Holiday" for your Pampered Host and Guests. Make the ribs and a few other things. Once they taste them, they will want you to do a show for them so they can get that great price. Have your calendar ready and tell them when the dates are gone, so are the specials, so book early to ensure that you get this great offer. Write everything that you are doing in your calendar. You want your calendar to be busy. But don't come across as begging. This is a real turn off.

When you talk to them and they back out, ask them if they have a friend that would love to get Free and discounted products? Tell them that you give a little referral gift, if the person holds a show.

Ask at your show "How many of you would love to get a $100 shopping spree? And how many would want to get 1/2 off of anything that you wanted? And how would you like to be able to get 25% off of any thing and everything that you wanted with no limit? And how would you like to get a 10% discount each and every time you shop for a full year? Kohl's doesn't do that. Neither does Crate N Barrel. Come to think of it, neither does Wal-Mart, but Pampered Chef does!

I am sure that something here might appeal to you. Just try 1 or 2 and see what happens. Remember your attitue is contagious so be excited and have fun. When you make it about them and not about you, they see that and you will start to make more connections!

Good Luck.:chef:
Connie

Good points Connie.
Thanks

Try booking outside the show.

1. Call everyone that placed an order but wasn't at the show.

Here's what I told someone else in another thread . .

2. What about having an Open House - if you've done one already do another - this time invite those who didn't come first time and go door to door in your neighborhood or a close neighborhood (maybe take someone with you for safety) get some catalog bags to hang on the door knobs (be sure to notice signs that say no soliciting) and put a catalog and a recipe along with the invitation.

3. Also, you should schedule RECIPE TASTING at your house every month. Feature only one recipe as it is only a tasting. Every person you meet you can hand them a recipe card of the recipe you will be making and invite them (you can make these on paper from your computer and be sure to put your info on them. Get THEIR info so you can give them a reminder call)

4. Carry the Catalog Tote EVERYWHERE! Carry it on your shoulder but hold it on your front. Know what I mean? This way the first thing they see when someone is walking toward your direction is the Catalog.

5. And I agree it's in the way we talk. If we are concerned with people it will show in our voice. Try thinking of this . . . With the economic slump we are in people are dining IN more often. No restaraunts, no drive-thrus. They still want to be able to eat Restaraunt quality food but at a price they can afford. (myslef included) Well, PC has the recipe to make that happen. Most of our meals can be made for about $2.00 per serving. This is information people need to know! We've got to get it out there to help them feed their family. - Tell everyone. Start a conversation in the grocery store about the cost of food and before you know it you're talking about the PC.

6. And Pamper a Business. There's a ton of info on here about this - do a search to get a lot of ideas.

Hope this will at least encourage you!

One of my upline offers recipes in November and December that she doesn't do any other time of year. You can entice people to book now using that technique. And actually do that all year by offering a different exclusive recipe each month. ;)

If the girls expressed interest AT the show - then when I was on the phone with them I would say, "I am just curious, what has changed your mind?". You arent being pushy but just wondering if there is something that has happened? - maybe a different month would work better than what they firs thought, maybe they want to do a catalogue show....

I don't get very many people to book and hold the original date.

What can I do if no one will book from my shows?

If you are having trouble getting bookings from your shows, here are some tips to help boost your results:

1. How can I make my shows more enticing for guests to book?

One way to make your shows more appealing is to offer incentives for guests to book their own shows. This can include free products, discounts, or exclusive host specials. You can also make your shows more interactive and fun by including games or demonstrations.

2. What if I am not getting any responses from my follow-up calls or emails?

If you are not getting any responses from your follow-up efforts, it may be helpful to change up your approach. Instead of simply asking if someone wants to book a show, try offering a specific date and time that you have available. You can also personalize your messages by including details about the guest's interests or previous purchases.

3. How can I get more people to attend my shows?

To increase attendance at your shows, try reaching out to new potential hosts and customers. This can include friends, family, neighbors, or even local businesses. You can also use social media to promote your shows and offer a special incentive for guests who bring a friend.

4. What if my hosts are not following through with their commitments?

If you are having trouble with hosts not following through with their commitments, it may be helpful to have a clear agreement in place before the show. This can include outlining the host's responsibilities, such as inviting guests and providing refreshments, and what they can expect in return, such as free products or discounts.

5. Should I change my approach if I have had multiple unsuccessful shows?

If you have had multiple unsuccessful shows, it may be helpful to evaluate your current strategies and make adjustments. This can include trying out new themes or offering different products, as well as seeking advice from other consultants or your upline. Remember to stay positive and persistent, and keep trying new techniques until you find what works for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tsm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Dawn4
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
julmarsala
  • pampered2007