• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interested Hosts...won't Call Back

In summary, the individual is a new Consultant with two potential hosts who have expressed interest in hosting a show. One was contacted through the Consultant's website and the other through a friend's show. The Consultant has tried to follow up with both potential hosts multiple times through phone calls and emails, but has received no response. The Consultant is unsure of how to handle the situation and asks for suggestions. Some people may change their minds and have difficulty saying no, so it is up to the Consultant to decide whether to continue trying to contact them or move on to other potential hosts. Some suggest giving the potential hosts permission to say no and keeping them on the "to call" list for future
mrsbmomof3
I'm a new Consultant and I have 2 potential hosts who both expressed interest in hosting a show. One of them actually expressed interest on my website and the other booked through a friend's show. The first time I called one of them, she said she would definitely host, but needed to check with her husband for the date. I told her that I would call in a few days to get the firm date. I have since called and left messages at LEAST 3 times for each of them and--for the one I have an email address for--I've also sent emails.
I'm not quite sure how to handle this. They came to me and expressed interest and I'm just trying to follow through. Do I just let it go at this point?
Any suggestions would GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!

Some people just change their minds... and, for whatever reason, don't know how to just say "no". I've had it happen to me. A gal expressed interest at her sister-in-law's show, for both hosting and being a consultant, I called and left 2 messages, and she told her SIL she wished I would stop calling! So, go with your gut. If you think it's worth calling more, do it. If you think they just don't have the sense to tell you they changed their minds, stop calling. I never try to be a pest, because I know I don't want people to constantly call me (not saying that's what you're doing), but I have made an extreme personal effort to be more straightforward with people and wish more people would do the same. Either way, good luck!

Tammy

One of the things you need to remember is that it's not nearly the priority for them as it is for you. I know that I often intend to do things, but they get pushed aside by, well, life. What I usually do, after leaving a few messages, is to say, "I'll keep trying to contact you until I hear from you. If you've decided not to host a show, that's fine. I just need to hear that from you. Otherwise, I'll assume that you are just having difficulty finding time to get back with me. You can reach me at [my number]. I look forward to hearing from you."Because of this, I've had a couple of decent shows schedule because I didn't give up on the host. I've also had people tell me that they've decided not to host. I think my giving them "permission" to back out made it easier for them to say no.

It's not their job to call you back, but it is your job to call them. Keep calling.I called a potential host for eight months. When she finally held her show it was $2700 in sales. It was worth it.

It's not their job to call you back, but it is your job to call them.

I keep seeing that said on here and I disagree to a point. Yes, that's part of our job but when does it stop? Having to call someone repeatedly with no response tells me they're not interested or too busy and I refuse to spend all my time trying to convince someone to call me back. I can be concentrating on others who are interested. People get busy in their lives, yes, but I consider returning a call just common courtesy. It's not that difficult to say 'Sorry, it's not a good time for me now but I will let you know when and if I can do it or you can check back with me in a month or so." I guess I just don't have patience for inconsiderate people and that's what it is, in my opinion.

Rae, I really like your wording. Very effective yet non-threatening to them. :thumbup:

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm going to try the wording you suggested, raebates....we'll see if I get any response that way. If not, I think I'm going to agree with Rebelchef and focus on my other hosts--getting them even more excited about their parties.
Thanks again for all the input...being so new, it's great to have a place to come to with so many experienced people.

Once you leave that message, I would still put them on your "to call" list and call them back in a month or two.

They may just be too busy right now, but will be able to schedule with you a bit down the road.

I have decided not to "give up" on leads like that unless they tell me to stop calling!

I agree very much with Rae's wording...basically giving them permission to tell you that they are no longer interested. That way, they can say "no" without feeling too bad about it...and you aren't left wasting any of your time followint up with them. Also- if they *do* say no, ask them "no not ever, or no not now?" so you know if you should follow up next season...or never!

TOTALLY Surprised!!!Okay, so I just posted my message earlier today about having a couple of people interested in hosting that just wouldn't call back. It's 11:40pm and I was sitting here doing some work on my computer--lamenting to my husband about these two people--when, out of the blue--I get an email from one of them setting a firm booking date! I'm amazed! Thanks again for all the tips earlier....this SURE does make me want to keep following up....

mrsbmomof3 said:
Okay, so I just posted my message earlier today about having a couple of people interested in hosting that just wouldn't call back. It's 11:40pm and I was sitting here doing some work on my computer--lamenting to my husband about these two people--when, out of the blue--I get an email from one of them setting a firm booking date! I'm amazed! Thanks again for all the tips earlier....this SURE does make me want to keep following up....

LOL - that's GREAT!!!:balloon:

Ohhh that's terrific! I hope it's an outstanding show for you. :)

Oh yeah...Next time, tell me shut up and don't read what I post. lol

RebelChef said:
People get busy in their lives, yes, but I consider returning a call just common courtesy. It's not that difficult to say 'Sorry, it's not a good time for me now but I will let you know when and if I can do it or you can check back with me in a month or so." I guess I just don't have patience for inconsiderate people and that's what it is, in my opinion.

I couldn't agree with this statement more. I think it is VERY rude when people don't return email or phone calls. I'm sorry but nobody is that busy that they can't shoot you a quick email or a quick phone call. If they are too "scared" to call me back, grow a back bone and do the right thing and contact me back.

To the person who said that her sister in law mentioned that she wished you would stop calling her... I would have told her "Why don't you tell her that yourself." We aren't mind readers?!? I would stop calling if you would stop playing games and just contact me. Good grief!!!! :grumpy:

(If you can't tell you really touched a nerve with this post. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. That and people who are constantly late but I'll save that for another post. ;) )

It IS so incredibly frustrating when people don't call you back and they are the ones that contacted you first!! I agree with raebates and others, I think they are too "scared" to tell you that they might have changed their minds, but I totally love her wording. I've been doing this for almost 4 years now and I've never tried those type of words, but now I'm gonna!!! :thumbup: I do have a list that I keep track of on Excel (works for me) of those that I've left messages with, etc., but they are the people that have expressed that they DO want to book a show. That list is like 5 pages long in landscape.....it's HUGE!!!! But, all of those people told me they wanted to host, it's just not been the right time. Over the past 2 years that I've been doing this list, I get to scratch people off of it and they do eventually book. It's all a timing thing. Keep at it because it'll pay off - someday! :p

1. Why do interested hosts sometimes not call back?

There could be a variety of reasons why a potential host may not call back. They may have changed their mind, become busy with other commitments, or simply forgot. It's important to follow up with them in a friendly and non-intrusive way to remind them of the opportunity.

2. How many times should I follow up with an interested host?

It's recommended to follow up with an interested host at least three times. However, it's also important to respect their decision if they decline the opportunity after the first or second follow-up. You can also offer to keep them updated on future hosting opportunities.

3. Should I leave a voicemail if the interested host doesn't answer?

Yes, leaving a voicemail is a good way to remind the interested host about the opportunity. Keep the message short and friendly, and don't forget to leave your contact information for them to easily reach you.

4. How can I make my follow-up calls more effective?

When following up with an interested host, it's important to personalize your communication and make it relevant to them. Mention any specific products or recipes they showed interest in during the party, and remind them of the potential rewards for hosting a party.

5. What should I do if an interested host cancels their party?

If an interested host cancels their party, it's important to be understanding and offer to reschedule at a more convenient time for them. You can also suggest alternative hosting options, such as a virtual or catalog party, to still give them the opportunity to earn rewards and share Pampered Chef with their friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot