• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I handle combining small orders for Pampered Chef?

In summary, Pampered Chef is a part-time job for Dee, and she does not have the time to add orders onto shows. She recommends telling the person that they can order anytime they want and have it shipped directly to them for the slightly higher shipping fee or if they can wait until you get a couple more orders to save everyone the shipping.
DTM2D
I sure could use some ideas, since I am pretty new at this. I have two ladies that want to order. One order is $63.00 and the other is $30.00. I can combine the orders but I still don't have $150 to send it in to get the $4.00 shipping for them.

What do you do when someone comes up to you and wants to place an order, but you have to tell them they have to pay the higher shipping. What do you do??

Pampered Chef is only a part time job for me so for now I don't have that many shows, and I don't have one to attach this too.

How do YOU handle this??? :eek:

Thanks Dee

Ask them if they would like to get the products direct shipped to them for the slightly higher shipping fee or if they can wait until you get a couple more orders to save everyone the shipping. Some people don't mind the higher shipping and others might help you find the extra orders (tell them how much you need to send it in).

I usually add to another show...but since you don't have a show to add to. Let them know they can pay extra shipping or they can wait until you have enough orders to make a show to get the cheaper rate. Just make sure they don't need their items in a hurry.

I have gotten to the point where I just don't act like it's a big deal (the extra shipping) and tell them, sure they can order anytime they want and have it shipped directly to them. I just tell them their total INCLUDING direct shipping. If they have a fit (most just pay it without thinking) then I will tell them that I will SPLIT the difference between what they are paying and what they would have paid at a show. So, for example, their shipping is $10. At a show, it would have been $4 so that difference is $6. I will pay $3 of that for them.

With gas prices the way they are, and the fact that my time is valuable, I just don't add orders onto shows. I am not making enough $$ to deliver it to them. (Hope that doesn't sound greedy...it's just the truth.)

I found that when I stopped apologizing for the extra shipping, it really wasn't a big deal. When *I* made it a big deal...they did too!

HTH

KellyTheChef said:
I have gotten to the point where I just don't act like it's a big deal (the extra shipping) ....... (Hope that doesn't sound greedy...it's just the truth.)

I found that when I stopped apologizing for the extra shipping, it really wasn't a big deal. When *I* made it a big deal...they did too!

HTH

No, you don't sound greedy especially after saying that you would pay the difference in shipping if you needed to!

I agree with you--some people are not as bothered by the extra shipping as we are! Remember, that many online shopping stores have a similar structure to their shipping. We just give them a "break" if purchased at a show.

So if I just put these orders in with direct ship, would that be considered a WITHOUT COMMISSION SALE? Or would I do that just at my website? And do you get the commission from an website order? Dee

When you enter what kind of show it is in to PP or P3 - one of the choices is "Individual Order" - choose that for each order.
You get full commission on individual orders.

It IS NOT a personal order - it is an individual customer order.

You can either enter it yourself in P3 as an individual order, or they can place an order on your website and it will automatically go through. (Individual orders on website go through to HO automatically, orders via the website that are connected to a show, *you* must then enter them into P3 so the host gets credit....) You DO make commission on those individual orders!

Now...if you are gonna give them some sort of a "break" in shipping (like I was saying above) they can't do that via your website, since that goes straight to HO with no way for you to alter it. If you were giving them a discount of some sort, you would do it through P3 and enter it as "consultant gift" under payment options for whatever amount you are paying, then add a second payment for their form of payment. (hope I didn't just confuse you!! Ask if that doesn't make sense!!)

Oh I have a great idea, so tell me if it is OK. I put the order in under my son, since he is a past host he gets a 10% discount, so the shipping for the combined order of the two girls is $14.00 and a discount of $9.30. So in other words the shipping for the two girls is $4.70. I guess that will work, but is that an OK way to do it??

You have all been so helpful. Thank you so much. Dee

If you did that - they would have no warranty info - plus you would be cheating yourself out of 10% commission.

DTM2D said:
Oh I have a great idea, so tell me if it is OK. I put the order in under my son, since he is a past host he gets a 10% discount, so the shipping for the combined order of the two girls is $14.00 and a discount of $9.30. So in other words the shipping for the two girls is $4.70. I guess that will work, but is that an OK way to do it??

You have all been so helpful. Thank you so much. Dee

I don't believe that S&H is ever discounted with past host discounts - the 10% is only for products.

No since my son was a previous host he gets a 10% discount on any products for the whole year. If I use that discount and credit it to the shipping,this would just be on paper, then overall the shipping would be less.

Related to How do I handle combining small orders for Pampered Chef?

1. How can I increase my single sales with Pampered Chef?

There are a few ways to boost your single sales with Pampered Chef. First, make sure you are knowledgeable about the products and can confidently answer any questions from customers. Offer personalized recommendations based on their needs and preferences. You can also host virtual or in-person cooking demonstrations to showcase the products and their uses. Finally, utilize social media and other marketing tactics to reach a wider audience.

2. How do I handle objections from customers when trying to make a single sale?

It's important to listen to the customer's concerns and address them in a respectful and understanding manner. Offer solutions or alternatives that may meet their needs. If the objection is regarding price, emphasize the value and benefits of the product and any current promotions or discounts available. Most importantly, don't be pushy and respect their decision if they are not interested.

3. What are some effective ways to follow up with potential customers for single sales?

One effective way to follow up is by sending a personalized email or message thanking them for their interest and offering to answer any further questions they may have. You can also offer a special deal or discount to entice them to make a purchase. Another option is to add them to your mailing list and periodically send updates and promotions.

4. How can I upsell or cross-sell products to increase single sales?

One way to upsell is by recommending complementary products to go with the item they are interested in. For example, if they are purchasing a baking dish, you can suggest a matching spatula or recipe book. You can also offer bundles or packages at a discounted price. Cross-selling involves recommending products from a different category that may still be of interest to the customer, such as suggesting a kitchen gadget to someone purchasing cookware.

5. What are some tips for closing a single sale with a potential customer?

First, be confident and enthusiastic about the product and its benefits. Address any remaining concerns the customer may have and offer a special deal or discount to seal the deal. You can also offer a satisfaction guarantee to give them peace of mind. Finally, make the purchasing process as smooth and convenient as possible, whether it's through your personal website or through Pampered Chef's online store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchefjaneen
Replies