• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I properly handle host and guest payments in P3?

In summary, the conversation involves a discussion about how to handle payments for a show in P3. The suggested solution is to have the host pay for all the orders on her credit card, but there are concerns about this method. Some feel that it is not the host's responsibility to collect all the money, while others believe it is the best way to avoid bounced checks and declined credit cards. There is also a debate about who should inform the host if a check bounces or a credit card is declined.
luvtocook
Hi!

I'm trying to close out a show in P3. Four of the guests wrote checks to the host....she had given me her CC number to pay for the four guests and her own order.

On P3...I entered the guest payment as Cash, but did not enter an amount, and entered the Host payment as a total of all five orders. P3 isn't letting me submit the order....saying there are missing payments and an amount must be entered for the guests.

How do I do this correctly????

You'll have to use the host's credit card for each order. Just make sure you change the name on the card to the host and not leave it as the guest's. I had to do that too. It will come up as multiple charges on their statement but at least P3 will except it that way.

Do not mark any payment for the guests. Then total up what they owe plus what the host owes and do one charge on her card. I do it this way all the time.P3 will still give you a warning that you are missing payments or they don't add up. Just ignore it and submit.

DebbieJ said:
Do not mark any payment for the guests. Then total up what they owe plus what the host owes and do one charge on her card. I do it this way all the time.

P3 will still give you a warning that you are missing payments or they don't add up. Just ignore it and submit.

Yeah, what she said! I do the same thing all the time and it works out fine!

just be sure to physically write the card number down....the security aspect of P3 covers up everything except the last 4 digits of the number and it is kinda embarassing to have to call your host back and ask for her card number again....don't ask how I know that!

chefmeg said:
just be sure to physically write the card number down....the security aspect of P3 covers up everything except the last 4 digits of the number and it is kinda embarassing to have to call your host back and ask for her card number again....don't ask how I know that!

Yes, I now do this all the time when I'm closing with a host or even when I take an order over the phone.

Ya know, this is the answer to bounced checks and declined credit cards..have the guests make checks out to host and put the whole show on her credit card.....does anyone see a negative side to this that I am not seeing????

chefmeg said:
Ya know, this is the answer to bounced checks and declined credit cards..have the guests make checks out to host and put the whole show on her credit card.....does anyone see a negative side to this that I am not seeing????

I just don't think it's the host's job to collect all the money.

I want hosting to look easy and that is not an easy thing to do!

that's true....but I know when I first started with PC (almost 8 yrs ago) all checks were made out to the host...it only changed because I made it. I would tell people it was Ok to make the checks to me, so if I chose to change it to having them made to the host, would she know any different. I am sorta torn on this whole thing and always have been....

it is my job to make hosting easy, but it makes my job hard to have checks bounce and it delays her show if a credit card is declined

if a check bounces, who would you rather want to let you know, a friend or a stranger?

I just dunno..........

chefmeg said:
that's true....but I know when I first started with PC (almost 8 yrs ago) all checks were made out to the host...it only changed because I made it. I would tell people it was Ok to make the checks to me, so if I chose to change it to having them made to the host, would she know any different. I am sorta torn on this whole thing and always have been....

it is my job to make hosting easy, but it makes my job hard to have checks bounce and it delays her show if a credit card is declined

if a check bounces, who would you rather want to let you know, a friend or a stranger?

I just dunno..........

A stranger! I would be MORTIFIED if I bounced a check on my friend. Do you think she would charge me her fee? No--she would suck it up and then be secretly mad at me for the rest of her life for costing her $10.

true that...and you would run the risk of her "sharing" that info with other friends!

I really have not had a problem with bounced checks, so I think I am going to try this for a few months and see how things go.

my boss bounced a check to me before... not good. I would hate to put a host in that situation, I would rather handle it myself. I push for credit card payments instead of checks and have had decent luck with that.

that's a good one too...I saw on another thread that someone was giving a "gift" of $1 off the order when you use a credit/debit card......that could really add up tho...

maybe I could just start telling people that I (takes PC out of it)take all major credit and debit cards....hmmm...something to think about

Thanks all!!! It worked and the order went through! Whew...it was a big one...$800 show and I wanted to get it in!Thanks for your help!!!!Mary

Here's an idea. Instead of accepting checks, let everyone know that you accept debit cards instead as long as they are Visa/MC stamped. This way they don't have to write a check, you don't have to worry if it bounces and you won't be out of money. Just run it through like a credit card. Most of the time you will not have any problems this way. just thought I would share.
Amber

chefmeg said:

THis is what I do Meg. I explain my policy during host coaching, but still have to answer to questions during the party. However, I'm done with bounced checks. I hate the way that whole system works. Why in the world do I have to pay a penalty because of someone else's mis-management? Anyway...I have any checks written to the host and she pays me at the end with her debit/credit card. I STRESS that I prefer a credit/debit card from the guests, but people come to the party assuming they have to write a check.

I like doing it this way. I don't like getting checks from strangers because it can be near impossible to track them down!! Forget embarrassment! I want my money!!

If a host takes it upon herself to let guests make the check out to her for outside orders, etc I won't say anything, but I'm not going to ask my host to collect all the money from their shows and then pay me. Had my consultant did that to me I would have been totally turned off and probably woud have either tried to find another consultant or stayed away from Pampered Chef entirely. I do all of my banking online and taking checks into my joint account from people I don't know always makes me nervous.

When I became a Consultant, I realized that I was starting my own business and that I needed to be prepared that I might have to deal with a bounced check here or there. I still don't want to have to deal with that in my joint checking account, so I set up a seperate account in my name only for just PC money. And I won't feel bad making them pay the check back plus the fee. I would feel awful making my host deal with all of that. This is my business, unfortunately, it's a part of doing business. Unless you specifically state that you do not take checks and deal only with credit/debit.

1. How does the "Host Paying for Guest Orders" feature work?

The Host Paying for Guest Orders feature allows the host of a Pampered Chef party to pay for a portion or all of their guests' orders. This can be done as a thank you gesture or as a way to reach a host goal. The host can choose to pay for a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the total order.

2. Can the host use their rewards or discounts to pay for guest orders?

Yes, the host can choose to use their rewards or discounts towards paying for guest orders. This can be a great way for the host to save money while also showing appreciation to their guests.

3. Are there any restrictions on which orders the host can pay for?

The host can only pay for orders that are placed through their specific party link. Any orders placed outside of the party link will not be eligible for the host to pay for.

4. How is the payment for guest orders processed?

The payment for guest orders can be processed through the host's preferred method, whether it be credit card, PayPal, or any other accepted form of payment. The host will need to provide their payment information at the time of checkout.

5. What happens if the host pays for more than the guests' orders?

If the host chooses to pay for more than the total amount of their guests' orders, the remaining balance will be applied as a credit towards their next purchase. This credit can be used towards any future Pampered Chef orders or parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chefgirlrd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • melindag