• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Badly Do You Want the Discontinued Products?

In summary, Kim is trying to remind herself that it is not helpful to buy items that will be discontinued soon. She is also considering getting the new digital thermometer even if she can't eat for a week. Mary is also thinking about getting the new digital thermometer.

How badly do you want the discontinued products?

• I want it all now that I know I can't get it after August!

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I'll buy some things that I have been eying for a while.

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • They are discontinuing it for a reason, you know!

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
speedychef
I have SUCH the consumer mindset...I have to get it now before it's gone! I'm trying to remind myself, though, that it won't help my business any to buy stuff that we won't sell anymore!

I don't know if it's because I have everything I think I need or what but there is not one item that i want that is retiring. I'm not sure though. I'll curious to see how others will respond to this thread. Good Idea!;)

Yeah, I'm sure I would NEVER use it, but I seem to really want that tart/quiche pan! I'm just a HUGE sucker! Hopefully all my customers are dying for what they can't have too!

If I don't have it, and I'm not going to be able to sell it, then I'm unlikely to try to buy it unless there's a true need for it. ;)

I keep a running wish list of everything in the catalog that I want if money were no issue (as if that's ever going to happen:p ) Anyway, whenever the discontinued list comes out at the end of each season, I try to get at least one or two of the items from my wish list that are going away. This year it is the Deep Dish Baker Lid and the 2 Recipe Card sets and if I can swing it, the Tart/Quiche Pan.

Kim,

The Tart/Quiche pan will still be available in the gift set after 8/31. It also comes with the Nylon Slice n Serve, which is a great piece. So you can wait if you want to...;)

Mary

amya said:
I keep a running wish list of everything in the catalog that I want if money were no issue (as if that's ever going to happen:p ) Anyway, whenever the discontinued list comes out at the end of each season, I try to get at least one or two of the items from my wish list that are going away. This year it is the Deep Dish Baker Lid and the 2 Recipe Card sets and if I can swing it, the Tart/Quiche Pan.

Is the new deep dish baker smaller? I think I want to get the old one.

AJPratt said:
Yes, it is significantly smaller.

Thanks! Its something I've always thought about getting. Funny I said always... which is only about a year!:p

AJPratt said:

I believe the deep dish baker that will be discontinued is the unglazed, round one...the one that is used for deep dish Chicago style pizzas, not the rectangular baker. The rectangular baker lid/bowl will be discontinued. The glazed deep dish bakers will still be available and they are the same price. As for the new stoneware piece, it will easily fit a chicken.

You knew what I meant! LOL

I guess that's the beauty of being a consultant for 4 1/2 yrs--I have everything that's being discontinuted;) So I think I'll spend my money on the new things I didn't earn for free!

I am going to own that digital thermometer even if I can't eat for a week! (Don't worry, I'll feed my babies!!)

gilliandanielle said:
I am going to own that digital thermometer even if I can't eat for a week! (Don't worry, I'll feed my babies!!)
I do want that, too. I have one, but I think I want a backup!

I have been thinking about ordering one ASAP because I am worried that tons of people are going to order them and they will run out!!

Funny, I JUST bought the digital thermometer and the deep dish baker & lid! Now I won't be able to demo them at shows, and I'm actually a little peeved about it.

Related to How Badly Do You Want the Discontinued Products?

What products are currently discontinued?

The discontinued products vary depending on the season and sales. You can check our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant to see which products are currently discontinued.

Can I still purchase discontinued products?

Unfortunately, once a product is discontinued, it is no longer available for purchase. However, you may be able to find it through a reseller or on secondhand websites.

Why are products discontinued?

Products are typically discontinued due to low sales or the introduction of new, updated products. Our team constantly researches and tests products to provide our customers with the best options.

Can I request a discontinued product to be brought back?

We value our customers' feedback and suggestions. While we cannot guarantee that a discontinued product will be brought back, you can always reach out to our customer service team or leave a review on our website to let us know which product you would like to see back in our collection.

Are there any similar products to the discontinued ones?

Yes, we are always introducing new and updated products that may be similar to the discontinued ones. You can check our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations on similar products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jenni
  • kcmckay