• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discontinued Med/Rec Rack: Will Rectangle Stone Follow Suit?

I stopped using my rectangle rack because I just couldn't stand using it anymore. I would always burn myself on it after I got it out of the oven, or my hot pad would end up smashing the cookies close to the handles. I know I'm probably pretty lame, but I just find it easier to slide the stone on and off the oven rack and grab it at the sides. I think the medium round will still be in the line. I don't think they discontinued it.
cochef
Gold Member
Do any of you know if, since the Med/Rec Rack is being discontinued, will the Rectangle Stone follow suit and be coming out with handles. I sell lots of racks with the Rectangle Stone and now it won't be available. Are you all just ordering some to have on hand for guests that still want them for their rectangle stones?

The rectangle stone does fit in the large rack.
The med/rectangle rack is NOT in the Fall/Winter catalog, though ... so I believe it is being discontinued. I am hoping that they don't follow suit and lose the rectangle stone, though ... I love that thing.

cochef said:
Do any of you know if, since the Med/Rec Rack is being discontinued, will the Rectangle Stone follow suit and be coming out with handles. I sell lots of racks with the Rectangle Stone and now it won't be available. Are you all just ordering some to have on hand for guests that still want them for their rectangle stones?

I've wondered about this too. Even if they got rid of the medium round, they should have kept the rack for the rectangle stone. I'm guessing the rectangle stone will be gone the next time around. . . .

chefjeanine said:
I've wondered about this too. Even if they got rid of the medium round, they should have kept the rack for the rectangle stone. I'm guessing the rectangle stone will be gone the next time around. . . .

I think you're right.

The rectangle stone may fit the large rack but I would discourage using it. The stone could easily fall out of it - the reason it sits up in the med/rect rack is to prevent the stone from slipping out.

I didn't notice it was gone...I don't remember seeing it on the list. As long as we have the rectangle stone they should keep the rack. The large rack is too big for the rectangle stone. It will slide off.

So item 1380 (large rack) will work with the rectangle stone (1350)? A guest just received her rack and says her rectangle stone (didn't order now) will not go down into the rack. Should I do a product adjustment or is it user error or not meant too work? Thanks....

beepampered said:
So item 1380 (large rack) will work with the rectangle stone (1350)? A guest just received her rack and says her rectangle stone (didn't order now) will not go down into the rack. Should I do a product adjustment or is it user error or not meant too work? Thanks....
No. The smaller rack if the one for the rectangle stone. The rectangle stone doesn't go down into the rack - it sits part way up. If it went all the way down it would slide out if tipped. The rack was discontinued. :cry: I'm actually surprised we still have that stone in the line.

I didn't notice it was gone until my Friday night show when a customer asked me what she was supposed to do with her rectangle stone now that she can't get a new rack - I don't know what happened to her, or maybe she wanted to order another one or something. It will definately affect sales of rectangle stones I think

I stopped using my rectangle rack because I just couldn't stand using it anymore. I would always burn myself on it after I got it out of the oven, or my hot pad would end up smashing the cookies close to the handles. I know I'm probably pretty lame, but I just find it easier to slide the stone on and off the oven rack and grab it at the sides. I also wondered about whether they are going to redesign the medium stones, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

What is the Medium & Rectangle Rack used for?

The Medium & Rectangle Rack is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for roasting, baking, and grilling a variety of foods. It elevates food off of the pan, allowing for even cooking and better air circulation, resulting in crispy and delicious dishes.

How do I clean the Medium & Rectangle Rack?

The Medium & Rectangle Rack is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. However, if you prefer to hand wash it, simply use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the non-stick coating.

What are the dimensions of the Medium & Rectangle Rack?

The Medium & Rectangle Rack measures 16.5 inches by 11.5 inches, making it the perfect size for most standard baking sheets. It also has a height of 1 inch, providing enough space for food to cook evenly without taking up too much space in your oven.

Is the Medium & Rectangle Rack oven safe?

Yes, the Medium & Rectangle Rack is oven safe up to 450°F. This makes it suitable for use in most ovens, including conventional, convection, and toaster ovens. Just be sure to check the temperature limitations of your specific oven before using the rack.

Can I use the Medium & Rectangle Rack on the grill?

Yes, the Medium & Rectangle Rack is safe to use on the grill. Its sturdy construction and non-stick coating make it perfect for grilling meats, vegetables, and even delicate foods like fish. Just be sure to use heat-resistant gloves or tongs when handling the hot rack on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • simba
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mirandalea
  • kalm