• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Since the Dcb Is Only Available to Hosts Right Now...

well bookings. It's a great tool to have and I think most people should keep using it. If you're not using it, it's a waste of money.
HealthNut
Since the DCB is only available to hosts right now...what stone would be good for me to get and showcase at my shows (plus any recipes, please) that works as cool as the DCB does?

i LOVE the DCB and am SO excited I get to purchase one (I hosted this past saturday)...and my show closes this friday - which is when I will be purchasing my consultant kit and ordering my own items...and I want to make sure to get a stone bakeware that I can show off / use to cook with at any upcoming shows.

My friend/consultant who did my show on saturday, cooked the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas in the DCB in the microwave - which I'm STILL shocked at how AWESOME it worked out and the fact htat chicken can be cooked in the microwave!! :eek:

But what stone would be worth it for me to get right now, to use at my own shows, since the DCB isn't available to actually sell to guests, right now?

I appreciate it, thanks!!

I think you'll find the general opinion is to KEEP showcasing the DCB at shows, because it is your Booking-Tool to get shows. It is still going to give you the opportunity to talk about the Stoneware collection and other pieces, but just because it's only for hosts, doesn't mean you shouldn't use it at shows. It's the opposite. Most people who know anything about our stones, will tell you the Round Stones (a.k.a- Pizza Stones to most people), and the large Bar Pan. I'm still using the DCB. I want more shows on my calendar. ;) And if a guest wants one, but doesn't want to host a Cooking Show- remind them about Catalog Parties. Only $150 in orders, and the host can get a DCB at a discount! That's about 4-5 people placing orders and the host doesn't have to pay shipping or full price on that "Magic Pot"!Just be sure at the show- you don't say anything 'negative' about the DCB being only for hosts....just say something like "Because this product is SO popular and flying off of our shelves, the manufacturer couldn't keep up. So it is a Host-only product! But I wouldn't want you to pay full price for this anyway!" and then explain how easy it is to get one at their own show.You'll get lots of other ideas, and if you search through the threads about the DCB announcement and how others are marketing it, I'm sure you'll be inspired. ;)Good luck, and welcome to the biz!

My other favorite stone, and the one that I use the most besides the DCB would be the one that will come in your Kit - the Large Bar Pan. LOVE that stone! It's used constantly at my house.

I tell people at my shows that it's so versatile - you can do everything in it that you can do on the round stone, except make a round pizza :D plus so much more. I think I sell them just by telling people about doing bacon in the bar pan in the oven!

400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on whether you like chewy or crunchy) and you have perfect bacon every time! Line the pan with some parchment paper, and it soaks up quite a bit of the grease too. Flat, perfectly cooked bacon every time, with no splattering and no messy clean-up for the next two weeks! PLUS, you can concentrate on the rest of the meal while the bacon is cooking - worry free!

I was going to suggest the bar pan too...it is one of the most versitile pieces in my opinion.

On the topic of the DCB, for July I did 7 shows and got 13 bookings. I still showcased the baker, and simply explained it was now a host only item. I didn't get any grumblings at all.

One thing I learned from conference is to not judge what someone would want or want to spend on an item. "Go for No", anyone? By NOT showing the baker simply because it is a host only item is a judgement on the guests that they wouldn't want it BECAUSE they have to host to get it. (or get orders, or whatever) I'm not going to do that to my guests. You never know how it may help them with their busy schedules. If they want it, they are going to do what they need to to get it. If they don't they don't. But I"m not going to shut the option out.

I keep using the DCB and I keep getting show bookings bc people want it they will book a show. Then they can purchase at half-price. Keep using your DCB or your case start using it. You will be amazed at the results.

ChefBeckyD said:
My other favorite stone, and the one that I use the most besides the DCB would be the one that will come in your Kit - the Large Bar Pan. LOVE that stone! It's used constantly at my house.

I tell people at my shows that it's so versatile - you can do everything in it that you can do on the round stone, except make a round pizza :D plus so much more. I think I sell them just by telling people about doing bacon in the bar pan in the oven!

400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (depending on whether you like chewy or crunchy) and you have perfect bacon every time! Line the pan with some parchment paper, and it soaks up quite a bit of the grease too. Flat, perfectly cooked bacon every time, with no splattering and no messy clean-up for the next two weeks! PLUS, you can concentrate on the rest of the meal while the bacon is cooking - worry free!

Becky - I think you are my hero! :D
I LOVE bacon but HATE frying it (not afraid of fat, i LOVE fat and eat a high fat low carb diet...) I just hate frying bacon because it's too darned messy.
I would NEVER have thought to "fry" bacon in the oven on a stone!!!

Also - thank you a lot for the information about bookings and the DCB. While we didn't actually get any bookings from my show on Saturday (at least not on paper) - my mom and my best friend (who both originally told me they wouldn't do a show for me - my mom HATES entertaining/hosting parties and my best friend has another best friend who's sister sells PC and all her profits go to their mom who has medical bills / for her cause, which I totally understand...) BUT both my mom and BF said they'd do a catalogue show for me JUST to get the DCB! lol. :D

Good to know, though, that the large bar pan IS so versatile - I will def. look into what I can make on it! :)

What recipe do most of you do in the DCB?

HealthNut said:
Becky - I think you are my hero! :D
I LOVE bacon but HATE frying it (not afraid of fat, i LOVE fat and eat a high fat low carb diet...) I just hate frying bacon because it's too darned messy.
I would NEVER have thought to "fry" bacon in the oven on a stone!!!

I'm following a high protein/low carb diet now too. I've lost more weight doing this in 1 week than I did in 12 weeks of WW! Plus, it's more livable for me.

If you do bacon like this at home, you will fall in love with your bar pan (and it seasons it beautifully for you!) and you'll be raving about it at your shows - you will be selling them to everyone! I can sell them w/o even bringing my bar pan, just by telling people this trick! And if people say that they don't need one that large - it's okay, because there is also the medium and small bar pans to fit every size household!

I've been selling a lot of the medium bar pans to people with campers--fits perfectly in their ovens. I LOVE the LBP!

And for those on the special chocolate diet, the mini bar pan is the perfect size for one of those Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines brownie packet mixes. It's up to you whether or not to share. Or pair the mini bar pan with a brownie packet for a great gift! :)

in the DCB I do Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas, Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, Loaded Potatoe Chowder and the Pork Loin BBQ Sandwiches. And when I feel onery Choc Peanut Butter Dump Cake, just to watch them drool.

chefa said:
And for those on the special chocolate diet, the mini bar pan is the perfect size for one of those Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines brownie packet mixes. It's up to you whether or not to share. Or pair the mini bar pan with a brownie packet for a great gift! :)

oh man - i'm on the wrong diet, aren't i?!!!

course, our state fair, going on this week - has chocolate covered bacon! and yes, I've had it and yes it's FREAKING AWESOME!!!! :p lol

Wonder if that guy in Texas who chicken-fries bacon has thought of that? Can't remember where it's at, but I saw a story about it on one of the food channels this past weekend. Can you say heart attack waiting to happen?

chefa said:
Wonder if that guy in Texas who chicken-fries bacon has thought of that? Can't remember where it's at, but I saw a story about it on one of the food channels this past weekend. Can you say heart attack waiting to happen?

ok, i'm a northerner...what DOES "chicken-fry" mean?...:confused:

What is peanut butter dump cake

HealthNut said:
ok, i'm a northerner...what DOES "chicken-fry" mean?...:confused:

Usually means to coat in flour, egg wash, breading, etc. like making fried chicken.

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
“Dump Cake style”
Spray baker with Kitchen Spritzer
Mix Devil's Food Cake mix or other Chocolate Cake mix--according to package directions (only, mix it with a whisk in the Batter Bowl or Stainless Bowl--not an electric mixer)
Pour it into the DCB. Then take a can of chocolate frosting (regular, not whipped) and use the medium scoop to put dollops of frosting on the top of the cake batter. I don't use the whole can, maybe about 3/4's of it. Then measure 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter in Measure-All Cup. Use the same medium scoop to put dollops of the PB all over the top of the batter as well. (I put them in between the spaces of the chocolate frosting blobs.)

Cover and bake in microwave on High for 11 minutes. Check it and see if it's done. I touch the center lightly w/ my finger to make sure it springs back. Then take it out and remove the lid and let it sit for about 15-20 min. All the frosting and PB will have sunk to the bottom. It will be gooey on the bottom. This is where you could flip it over onto a platter (usually made in the fluted stone or the Rice Cooker) but it's not as pretty when it's from the DCB. I leave it in the baker and just scoop it out. The baker looks pretty at least and it will keep the cake nice and warm. Plus then you have a lid to cover up the leftovers...if there are any.

The chicken Penne pasta is a favorite of all my hosts. I have still been using the DCB. I am disappointed in the price increase for the fall, it is quite high. I do love the pan and I pray mine doesn't break now that getting one requires a show:)
I also love the Large Bar Ban. The Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies are awsome in that pan, and I love doing bacon too!

chefsteph07 said:
Usually means to coat in flour, egg wash, breading, etc. like making fried chicken.

I went to a rehearsal dinner once at this fancy Country Club in Columbus, Ohio where their appetizer specialty was caramelized bacon. Bacon coated in a hardened brown sugar coating. YUMMY!
Love bacon, too, in the bar pan. After it is cooked lay it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and stick it in freezer for a while. Then roll the paper up and put in a plastic bag, makes it easy to take it out.

What is the DCB and why is it only available to hosts right now?

The DCB, or "Digital Catalog Box," is a new feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows hosts to easily share product information, recipes, and shopping links with their guests. It is currently only available to hosts as it is a new feature that is still being tested and refined before being rolled out to all customers.

How do I become a host and access the DCB?

To become a host, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a cooking or virtual party. Once you have a party scheduled, you will have access to the DCB and can start sharing it with your guests.

Can I still purchase products from the DCB if I am not a host?

At this time, the DCB is only available to hosts. However, anyone can still purchase products from our website or through a consultant. The DCB is just an additional tool for hosts to use during their parties.

Is there a limit to how many guests I can share the DCB with?

No, there is no limit to how many guests you can share the DCB with. It is a great way to reach all of your guests, whether they are attending your party in person or virtually.

Can I customize the content in the DCB?

Currently, the content in the DCB is pre-selected by Pampered Chef. However, we are constantly updating and adding new content to the DCB, so be sure to check back frequently for new recipes and product information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenn822