• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using the DCB at Home Shows: How Big Does Your Microwave Need to Be?

Not only does it look great on your counter, but the added cooking time is a huge benefit to those hosting a show. Make sure to cross sell the thermometer as well!
Leigh0725
Okay - so I don't have a DCB, but my SIL does. She said I can borrow it any time for my shows in September in order to get October bookings. I'm looking to do the pork tenderloin recipe along with garlic bites in the cookware to focus on the current host special and host special coming up. So, here's my question, how big does your microwave have to be to have The DCB fit? It just seems like it would be too big to fit, let alone rotate? Does it have to rotate? I'm just skeptical to bring it to a show and have the host's microwave be small? Anyone have input on the DCB being used at shows? I have not heald/seen the DCB so I don't really know what it looks like besides what I've seen online and in the catalog. If that doesn't work, I'm looking at doing something with the pizza stone. I just wanted to foucs on that since it was more in cost and folks are more apt to book for a discount on a product that is more expensive. Does this make sense? Okay, thanks in advance!

The Deep Covered Baker is 12½” x 9” x 5½” / 32 cm x 23 cm x 14 cm. I would think you'd want a microwave that was a few inches larger than it is so it can rotate - have them measure the rotating "plate".

Food cooks more evenly when rotating which is especially important with meat where you want to make sure it is fully cooked. I'm sure it can be done without a rotating microwave but I would add a few minutes to the cooking time (and maybe bring a thermometer to check the meat).

The host benefit to get the DCB at 60% off is fantastic and a great way to book shows by showcasing it at your shows.

The wattage should be 1000. Turn table helps (or else you have to turn it every couple of minutes. The DCB is not as big as it seems, my turntable is about 12 1/2 in.....HTH

The turn table is not good actually the stoneware is not good on the turntable as it is too heavy and eventually ruins the microwave I did this to my old one so I no longer use the stones in the microwave so sad I loved it (too much)

Your microwave needs to be 13"Wide x 13"Deep x 7"High. (This is in the info sent with the Chicken Display card)
I have done the Chicken several times in microwaves that don't have a turn table. You just set the micro for 10 minutes, and then give it a quarter turn, set it for 10 minutes, turn again, and then 10 minutes one last time. Works fine that way - for the chicken. For the Pork - I would set it for 5 minutes, and then turn, and set it for 3 minutes, and check it w/ the meat thermometer before setting the timer again.

I've never had a problem with the baker fitting. I think as long as they have a regular microwave & not a smaller, dorm-type one, then they'll be fine.

DcbOkay - i was double checking the measurements of the DCB and didn't realize it was that small. For some reason I was picturing the rectangular baker (size of the bottom) with a lid. I think this will be worth the trip over to my SIL to borrow. :)

Don't wait until September to take the DCB to your shows. At my show this past Saturday, I made the pork loin in the micro and everyone was extremely impressed. The pork was so tender and everyone marveled at how quickly you could fix dinner. Be sure to cross-sell the pocket thermometer. I sold two DCB at full price and booked an October show. I didn't ask the host to purchase the pork, i just stopped at the store on the way to the show. Run, don't walk, to borrow the baker!
Deb

Run, don't walk, to borrow the baker!

Love it! Love my DCB! You have to have one!

I use my DCB alot!

My microwave is an over the range model. The DCB just fits to rotate. I have to make sure its perfectly centered. My microwave is 900 watts & my cooking time falls in the recommended range.

DCB is worth the investment for anyone, especially as a host special!

What is the DCB and how is it used at home shows?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware baking dish used for cooking a variety of dishes in the microwave or oven. At home shows, it is often featured as a fast and easy way to prepare meals and desserts.

What is the size of the DCB and how much does it hold?

The DCB measures 11.5 inches in diameter and 7.5 inches in height, making it the perfect size for cooking family-sized meals. It can hold up to 12 cups or 3 quarts of food.

Do I need a special type of microwave to use the DCB?

No, the DCB can be used in any standard microwave. It is important to make sure the dish fits comfortably in your microwave and leaves space for the microwaves to circulate. Refer to your microwave's manual for specific size and safety guidelines.

What types of dishes can be made in the DCB?

The DCB can be used to make a variety of dishes, including casseroles, roasts, desserts, and even bread. It is safe for use in both the microwave and oven, and can withstand high temperatures.

Is the DCB dishwasher safe?

Yes, the DCB is dishwasher safe. It is recommended to place it on the top rack for best results. However, it is also easy to clean by hand with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniehay22
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
melaniehay22
  • chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies