• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you use the DCB for both a meal and dessert?

In summary, the DCB cake is mixed in another bowl and poured into the DCB. It is turned over for the lava cake.
ms_twana
Okay, I'm really going to push the DCB this month since Hosts can get it for 60% off next month with sales of $650 or more. So, I want to use it for my meal, and for the Molten Lava Cake afterwards. I got the idea from here, so I know that some consultants do it. I'm just curious as to how you work it. I don't want the food to get cold while waiting for the cake to cook. At the same time, I don't want the guest to start eating either, because I think I'll lose them then.

So, for those of you that use the DCB for meal and dessert (or whatever two things), what are you doing in the in between time?

I own 2 DCB's, so that's how I've done it at a show. ;)I know others will do something like the 30 minute chicken and then clean it and do the cake. You can cook the chicken and while you take it out and cut it up and make a salad or something else to go with it, the baker could be cooling off and then you could wash it. I've heard of some consultants just wiping it out, but I don't feel comfortable doing that. It just doesn't seem clean to me unless I wash it with the hot water and scraper. If it's a recipe where you serve from the baker, I don't think I'd also try to do the Lava Cake for that same baker. That's where I've been glad I have a second DCB. But I know not everyone has 2 of them. :blushing:ETA: Forgot to address all your questions, sorry...So what I've done in the past is make the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in one baker and then I do let them eat. While they eat, they can watch me quickly demo the Chocolate PB Cake. While that's baking, they eat, gab, shop, and I talk about any other product lines not already covered. I'll talk about upcoming specials, etc. Then they check out with me and then grab their dessert and gab until they want to leave.

So does your food stay warm while you make the cake in the other DCB? I'm making Chicken Fajitas. I wonder if it'll stay warm in the SS bowl with the lid on. I planned to put it all in there to pass it around and cut it up with the salad choppers.

I always take two DCB. I will demo main recipe - let them eat

Before show, I make the chocolate cake and put icing in but do not cook. Then while they are eating, I show them how I made the cake and pop it in.

Saves me 15 minutes!

ms_twana said:
So does your food stay warm while you make the cake in the other DCB? I'm making Chicken Fajitas. I wonder if it'll stay warm in the SS bowl with the lid on. I planned to put it all in there to pass it around and cut it up with the salad choppers.

Food stays warm for a long time in the DCB. But I let them eat right away if they want to. They eat while I show them how to make the cake.

For Chicken Fajitas, I use the Salad Choppers right in the DCB. It's nice to show them that it can all be done in the DCB and that they wouldn't have to dirty anything else if they didn't want to. If you're wanting them to get hands on, then call on the host and a couple other people to come up and try it out.

If you only have 1 DCB, then you could transfer the already chopped up fajitas into something else for serving. But I'd let them eat it right then and not make them wait for the cake. They won't want to eat both at the same time anyway. The fajitas are messy on their plate with all the juice drippings.

I have a question about the DCB cake. Do you mix the cake mix in another bowl with a mixer and then pour it into the DCB at your show? and how do you serve the cake? Do you turn it over (and is that difficult) for the lava cake and since it's an oval shape what do you use to serve it on.

Just got my DCB and haven't used it yet. Can't you tell I'm a newbie!

Chefgailb said:
I have a question about the DCB cake. Do you mix the cake mix in another bowl with a mixer and then pour it into the DCB at your show? and how do you serve the cake? Do you turn it over (and is that difficult) for the lava cake and since it's an oval shape what do you use to serve it on.Just got my DCB and haven't used it yet. Can't you tell I'm a newbie!
You may not want to mix it with a mixer. Do it by hand. I read somewhere that it adds too much air into the batter causing it to overflow. NOW- that was in reference to the fluted stone, so not sure if it still causes issues in the DCB or not. So you might be able to mix it in the DCB. I always mixed mine in my classic batter or a SS Bowl, then poured it in, then add the icing scoops over the top.
You do not turn over the lava cake from the DCB. My NED takes clear plastic cups and they serve it out for the guests in those and plop a spoon in it- it looks much prettier.Easiest thing to do is just try it at home! A cake mix these days can easily be found for $1 or so, and icing for a bit more. For $3, you have a tasty experiment. ;)

I whisk eggs oil water in DCB, whisk in cake mix, plob balls of icing all over, cover and set aside.

When they are etg main recipe, I show them the baker and how I made the cake and pop it into micro so it is cooking while they are eating and I then do cooking show commercial.

I am trying to cut minutes out of my show so am streamlining as much as possible! That is why I have it premade but not precooked before show starts.

I make a DCB chocolate cake at EVERY show plus the main recipe. It is cheap, it is good, it is a wow, and I am the BAKER QUEEN!

LOL

ChefCKHall said:
I whisk eggs oil water in DCB, whisk in cake mix, plob balls of icing all over, cover and set aside.

When they are etg main recipe, I show them the baker and how I made the cake and pop it into micro so it is cooking while they are eating and I then do cooking show commercial.

I am trying to cut minutes out of my show so am streamlining as much as possible! That is why I have it premade but not precooked before show starts.

I make a DCB chocolate cake at EVERY show plus the main recipe. It is cheap, it is good, it is a wow, and I am the BAKER QUEEN!

LOL

Hey, BAKER QUEEN. What main dishes have you been offering? I'd love to sell more deep covered bakers. What suggestions do you have for me? My next show we are making the chicken fajitas. I'd love advice.

skaugchef said:
Hey, BAKER QUEEN. What main dishes have you been offering? I'd love to sell more deep covered bakers. What suggestions do you have for me? My next show we are making the chicken fajitas. I'd love advice.

LOL! These are my favorites and this is their choice: Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Ultimate Fajitas, BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Chipotle Cornbread Bake, GreenRedWhite Lasagna.

I am developing a $99 DCB special for each recipe. Right now, I am doing Ultimate Fajitas, Keith style, but I do not make salsa at the show. I make the chicken dish. I make guacamole with avocado, salt, lime. I have the host purchase premade salsa. I used to do the salsa but too many dishes and I would rather talk about other stuff.

My $99 special for fajitas: DCB, MixnChop, SW Seasoning, Chipotle Rub, PC 2011 Calendar (I attach a $5 value to that), and the FREE Ebook of recipes!

I will attach my simple flyer.

I will be making $99 specials for all the above recipes but so far have been doing fajitas as it is one of my favorites...folks love to see meat in the baker done in the microwave.

Attachments

• MPS-Fajitas.doc
    108.5 KB · Views: 357
Alright, so I did my meal and the cake in the DCB today. It worked well. I let them eat while the cake was cooking and I washed some dishes. Everyone was AMAZED at how I did both in the microwave. Guess how many DCB's I sold........NONE!!! :rolleyes: UGH!! I mean REALLY!! How could you NOT want one. LOL.

I guess I didn't buy one at my first show either. I knew that I wanted one after my second show, although I still didn't buy one. LOL. I decided to host my own show and get it for half off a couple months later.

ms_twana said:
Alright, so I did my meal and the cake in the DCB today. It worked well. I let them eat while the cake was cooking and I washed some dishes. Everyone was AMAZED at how I did both in the microwave. Guess how many DCB's I sold........NONE!!! :rolleyes: UGH!! I mean REALLY!! How could you NOT want one. LOL.

I guess I didn't buy one at my first show either. I knew that I wanted one after my second show, although I still didn't buy one. LOL. I decided to host my own show and get it for half off a couple months later.

I have had the same problem, and that was before they went up. LOL People are amazed by the DCB but don't buy many from me.

I recently listened to a call from my hosp. NED and they talked about printing off a copy of the DCB Cookbook (They call it the "Magic Pot") and putting it in a binder or 3-ring folder. (I put the pages in page protectors). She passes it around for folks to see. This helps her with bookings and even sales. My Hosp. NED will email a copy of the Magic-pot cookbook to everyone from the show, along with a "THank you for coming". She says "I"m attaching a copy of my Magic-Pot cookbook, because you never know when it will be in YOUR kitchen." This helps her with bookings later as well (when doing follow-up calls).

I had a printed copy at the show in a little report binder thingy, that I passed around. I never thought about emailing it to everyone. I kind of just thought it being "exclusive" would make it better, but apparently not. LOL.

I think what they were saying was folks see just HOW MANY recipes they can make in the one pot, and suddenly it has alot MORE value to them. Plus, I know with my NED, she talks about getting it for $42.50 (Half-price item when you have a party). Vs the $85.

I talked about getting it for 60% off and they STILL weren't going for it. LOL. I thought that printing it off would do better, because I just talked about the ebook at my last show and no one bought it. Oh well. Next time. :)

keep trying. :) Don't give up after just one show. sometimes it's a numbers game.

On the bright side, though, I did have a guest from a November show, that had the DCB on her wish list, book a show in February. She couldn't resist after I called and told her she could get it for 60% off.

ChefCKHall said:
LOL! These are my favorites and this is their choice: Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, Ultimate Fajitas, BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Chipotle Cornbread Bake, GreenRedWhite Lasagna.

I am developing a $99 DCB special for each recipe. Right now, I am doing Ultimate Fajitas, Keith style, but I do not make salsa at the show. I make the chicken dish. I make guacamole with avocado, salt, lime. I have the host purchase premade salsa. I used to do the salsa but too many dishes and I would rather talk about other stuff.

My $99 special for fajitas: DCB, MixnChop, SW Seasoning, Chipotle Rub, PC 2011 Calendar (I attach a $5 value to that), and the FREE Ebook of recipes!

I will attach my simple flyer.

I will be making $99 specials for all the above recipes but so far have been doing fajitas as it is one of my favorites...folks love to see meat in the baker done in the microwave.

How exactly do you ofer that at that price? and what is this pc calendar?

ChefShalon said:
How exactly do you ofer that at that price? and what is this pc calendar?

When I put the order in, it is 105.50. I pitch in 6.50 as a consultant gift. Although some may think that is a lot, I sell 4-5 specials per show besides the host so it makes up for it.

The calendars were offered last year and I purchased 100 of them. I "assigned" a five dollar value to them.

When you consider the baker, do you get one at 85$ OR do you spend $99 and get all the other goodies too.

Chances are, the first thing they are going to make when they get their baker is the fajitas...they will have the spices to do it with!

I also have all the recipes in sleeve protectors in a black/gold PC binder. When I talk about the baker and the recipes, I show them all the recipes and pass the book around explaining they will receive the recipes in an email file and that I will send them new recipes for the baker as they come out.

One baker - $85

Baker
mixnchop
sw seasoning
chipotle rub
calendar
e-file of recipes
$99

Which would you choose? Of course, if someone buys just the baker, they will get the efile of recipes as well!

Hmm thats a great idea I will have to get my own special like that.

Esavvymom can you send me the "Magic Pot" Cookbook and tell me where I can find it at. I'm a fairly new consultant. TIA

Have you ever considered doing the lava cake in the rice cooker? That way you can keep your main dish warm in the dcb and show how versatile the rice cooker is? It only takes 10 minutes, and is quite fun and impressive when you flip it over onto a large platter. It really gives the "lava" effect. Every time I've done that at a show I've sold at least 3 or 4 rice cookers.

pchockeymom said:
Have you ever considered doing the lava cake in the rice cooker? That way you can keep your main dish warm in the dcb and show how versatile the rice cooker is? It only takes 10 minutes, and is quite fun and impressive when you flip it over onto a large platter. It really gives the "lava" effect. Every time I've done that at a show I've sold at least 3 or 4 rice cookers.

I'm trying to really sell the DCB. I want to show how versatile that is.

pchockeymom said:

That is why I take two bakers. I personally do not like the lava cake in the rice cooker and would rather sell the baker! I use my rice cooker for.....RICE only LOL.

Personal preference!

PC Nut said:
Esavvymom can you send me the "Magic Pot" Cookbook and tell me where I can find it at. I'm a fairly new consultant. TIA

If you go to the "Files" section of this site, and search for "Magic Pot" or even "DCB".....it will pull up several different consultant-assembled Cookbooks for the DCB. Most are essentially the same as far as content, but they may be laid out differently- so personal preference on what you use. Just update the contact information so it has YOURs not the consultant's who posted them. :)

babywings76 said:
Food stays warm for a long time in the DCB. But I let them eat right away if they want to. They eat while I show them how to make the cake.

For Chicken Fajitas, I use the Salad Choppers right in the DCB. It's nice to show them that it can all be done in the DCB and that they wouldn't have to dirty anything else if they didn't want to. If you're wanting them to get hands on, then call on the host and a couple other people to come up and try it out.

If you only have 1 DCB, then you could transfer the already chopped up fajitas into something else for serving. But I'd let them eat it right then and not make them wait for the cake. They won't want to eat both at the same time anyway. The fajitas are messy on their plate with all the juice drippings.

I'm making the fajitas for my show tomorrow. I made it tonight following directions to the T. I do not like using the salad choppers. I feel it's a waste of time. I'd rather dice/slice the chicken before I cook it. Any advice is welcomed.

skaugchef said:
I'm making the fajitas for my show tomorrow. I made it tonight following directions to the T. I do not like using the salad choppers. I feel it's a waste of time. I'd rather dice/slice the chicken before I cook it. Any advice is welcomed.
I don't use the salad choppers for mine. I like my chicken and veggies to be in strips, like at a restaurant. I slice the chicken & veggies into strips. I use the apple wedger for the onion, though.
Then, we make salad chopper salsa! I pass around the bowl with the salsa ingredients, and let everyone else take a turn chopping the salsa.

When I went to Chicago for Spree...I was complaining that the salad choppers folks were talking about for fajitas just did not work for me..I was having to take the chicken out of pot, carve, and put back in.

Mike, who sat across from me, said 'honey, you need to flip the choppers around for the chicken'

I came home, made the fajitas, and flipped the choppers around and they work like a charm...alll cut up in one pot. No way back for me now...I love them
!

ChefCKHall said:
you need to flip the choppers around for the chicken'

What do you mean flip the choppers around?

MarisssaSix said:
What do you mean flip the choppers around?

Don't hold them like scissors. Flip it around so that your four fingers are in front, and your thumb is in back. I think that's what she means.

If you only have one DCB I wouldn't try to demo two recipes in it. Instead make your 30 minute chicken in the micro and a skillet cake in the FAMILY SKILLET ... that way you will demonstrate two lines of products! Just a suggestion. Cleaning a DCB in front of guests may defeat your purpose ... just a thought ...

ChefCKHall said:

I am developing a $99 DCB special for each recipe.

Where do I find these recipes? In the Magic Pot e-cookbook? I just did a search on cc and couldn't find a fajita recipe for the DCB.

When you develope your own special, how do you manage it in P3 when placing the order? Do you just put each item on the guests order, add their payment of $99, then pay the rest on that order as 'cash' which you then pitch in? What about the tax?

Could you post your other flyers as you develope them? Love this idea. Thanks!

1. How do you use the DCB for both a meal and dessert?

One way to use the DCB for both a meal and dessert is to cook your main dish in the DCB while preparing your dessert separately. This way, your main dish will be ready to serve while your dessert is still cooking.

2. How do you prevent the food from getting cold while waiting for the dessert to cook?

You can keep the food warm by covering it with foil or a lid while the dessert is cooking. Alternatively, you can place the DCB in a preheated oven on the lowest setting to keep the food warm without overcooking it.

3. How do you avoid losing guests' attention while waiting for the dessert to cook?

To keep your guests engaged, you can use the waiting time to talk about the benefits of the DCB or share some fun cooking tips. You can also involve your guests in the dessert-making process by having them help with simple tasks like measuring ingredients or stirring the batter.

4. Can you give an example of using the DCB for both a meal and dessert?

Sure! One example could be cooking a chicken and vegetable stir-fry in the DCB for the main dish and then using the DCB to make a quick berry cobbler for dessert. While the cobbler bakes, you can serve the stir-fry and have your guests help prepare the cobbler by mixing the batter and adding the fruit.

5. How can I take advantage of the current promotion to get the DCB at a discounted price?

To get the DCB for 60% off next month, you need to have sales of $650 or more in this month. By using the DCB for both a meal and dessert, you can showcase its versatility and encourage your guests to make a purchase, helping you reach the sales goal for the promotion. You can also offer a special deal for guests who purchase the DCB during the party, such as a free recipe book or cooking tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • middlemamma