• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Baker"SOS! Save the DCB - Help Needed!

In summary, the stoneware is nonporous, so the stoneware itself won't absorb anything. What may happen is that the soap may adhere to the seasoning layer you already have on the stone. I would recommend doing something like lining it with crescent rolls, baking them and tossing them. That way, whatever might be on the seasoning will get absorbed by the dough, which you then toss. And then, talk more at your shows about how you don't have to use soap to clean your stones.
RMDave
Gold Member
Well I did a show at a commercial restaurant.

After preparing and serving Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake (aka Molten Lava Cake) in the DCB, the hostess whisked the Baker off to the kitchen where she promptly submerged it in soapy water, rinsed it in clear water, then dumped it into their "anti-bacterial soak."

I did rescue the DCB and have rinsed it in hot water at least 15 times. The question is ...

Is it ruined? Is all its magic gone? Will anything prepared in it become poison and send future hosts and guests off to the E.R.?

I'm slightly panicked. OK, I'm really panicked. Don't want to throw it in the trash but also don't want to create stomach issues for future "diners" from within its unglazed pottery innards.

Help? Suggestions?

Humbly yours (and that doesn't happen often),

Well, the stoneware is nonporous, so the stoneware itself won't absorb anything. What may happen is that the soap may adhere to the seasoning layer you already have on the stone.

I would recommend doing something like lining it with crescent rolls, baking them and tossing them. That way, whatever might be on the seasoning will get absorbed by the dough, which you then toss.

And then, talk more at your shows about how you don't have to use soap to clean your stones :D

You can use a baking soda and water paste to scrub off the suds, too. You should be fine - my mother-in-law always tried to wash my stones like that and I finally had to set her straight with the baking soda (or she didn't feel like it was 'clean'!).

Thanks all. Oh and Noora, I was discussing NO SOAP ON STONES when the hostess practically ripped the DCB out of my hands with a smile and whisper "I'll go wash this for you." She hadn't heard a word I'd said.Of course there was the time a hostess asked if her 9 year old son could help wash up after my demo. He promptly dropped the "li'l plastic tool" from the garlic press down the garbage disposal and turned it on.Ahhhhh. Helpful hosts.

Last edited:
And that's why I have a crate that my dirty dishes get plopped right into....they USUALLY get the hint.

That's why I insist that I don't have anybody "help" with the dishes. I keep one or two large plastic bags near me, and after I demo a product it goes right in the bag. The plastic PC bags work well, since they are sturdy and leak proof. It's a bit of a pain to have to lugs dirty dishes home, but at least I know that they get washed properly, and all pieces are intact.

It's really no biggie - especially if it's already well seasoned. Just a baking soda scrub and you'll be fine.

With my seasoned stones, they often get rinsed off with my soapy dishcloth, because it's what I have in my hand. As long as you aren't soaking them in soapy water, it's no big deal.;)

I'm in the "it's no big deal" camp. My stepmom washed my DCB in soapy water last weekend and we have all lived to tell.

RMDave said:
He promptly dropped the "li'l plastic tool" from the garlic press down the garbage disposal and turned it on.

Ahhhhh. Helpful hosts.

I've had this happen AT LEAST twice by "Helpful Hosts" - started bringing plastic grocery bags to my shows to put all my dirties in, and no more missing/disposal-ed products!! ;)

And that's also when you slap her, tell her to take her hands off your crap. Or just grab it back and in your bitchiest tone yell, "No thanks, honey.". :)

I found out, after nearly 2 years in business with my lg. bar pan as my nearly constant companion, that Roomie (a neat freak if ever there was one) had been cheerfully washing said pan in soapy water all along. I sternly said, "Do not EVER touch my stoneware again" took it out and scrubbed it with baking soda. It has since turned a lovely shade of dark.DCB gets soaked in hot water after every use.

leftymac said:
And that's also when you slap her, tell her to take her hands off your crap. Or just grab it back and in your bitchiest tone yell, "No thanks, honey.". :)

Can I give her two *SNAPS* to go along with your suggested phrase?

The soap is not a huge deal, I agree that the baking soda & water "paste" should fix that issue. As for the anti-bacterial rinse, it might leave a nasty taste behind. Hopefully the baking soda & water "paste" will correct that issue too. If not, I bet the idea of cooking & tossing the biscuits will do the trick!Don't you just hate it when someone gets too helpful???
eusa_doh.gif

RMDave said:

roflmao2.gif
OMG! I'm going to wake up the kids laughing. I can soooo see that being done!!! But you'd have to do the whole head movement attitude too! ;)

leftymac said:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

RMDave said:

No. But I'll give three snaps in a "Z" formation.

leftymac said:
No. But I'll give three snaps in a "Z" formation.

Well yes. Always in a "Z" formation. Sheesh!

My neighbor's mom INSISTS on washing her stoneware in the dishwasher. Regardless of what I tell her, show her, etc. She just refuses to believe that hot water alone will kill the germs. :rolleyes:

Jillmami said:
My neighbor's mom INSISTS on washing her stoneware in the dishwasher. Regardless of what I tell her, show her, etc. She just refuses to believe that hot water alone will kill the germs. :rolleyes:

How did civilization SURVIVE before soap was invented? Uggh. They probably believe everything the government tells them too. :)

esavvymom said:
How did civilization SURVIVE before soap was invented? Uggh. They probably believe everything the government tells them too. :)

She does! How did you know!! :p

I hand clean mine with hot soapy water after every time I use it & have had NO problems! I don't "wash" my other stones, but I do in my DCB because of the variety of stuff I cook in it.

ok, so why use soap on this if you don't on the others? Hot water and friction is ALL you need to clean it. You can use soap on the exterior (glazed portion) but not recommended in the interior.

All soap does is cut the grease. It's the water and friction that cleans it. The food was cooked, if you get all the crumbs off nothing can grow on it. If a stone is overly greasy I do use a little soap and then rinse immediately though.

RMDave said:
Of course there was the time a hostess asked if her 9 year old son could help wash up after my demo. He promptly dropped the "li'l plastic tool" from the garlic press down the garbage disposal and turned it on.Ahhhhh. Helpful hosts.
Um, can I tell you how many times I've done this myself? It's not just our hosts! Good thing that tool is on the replacement parts form!

absolutely. also a good thing that the hostess paid for it. :)

Since we are talking about cleaning the DCB, those who have made the Mexican Lasagna recipe in it, how have you cleaned the red enchilada sauce stains? I have tried baking soda and water paste twice now and yet the inside of the DCB is still "orange". Help! :(

Z formation......bwhahaha. You crack me up!

PCinAZ said:
Since we are talking about cleaning the DCB, those who have made the Mexican Lasagna recipe in it, how have you cleaned the red enchilada sauce stains? I have tried baking soda and water paste twice now and yet the inside of the DCB is still "orange". Help! :(

I made it last week and didnt' have any trouble with staining. I did rinse it out right away though. Hmmm...

I used the baking soda paste on it with hot water and let it soak overnight. It does make it really weird colored! :)

1. What is "The Baker"SOS! Save the DCB - Help Needed!" and why is it important?

"The Baker"SOS! Save the DCB - Help Needed!" is a campaign started by Pampered Chef to raise awareness and support for the Deluxe Cooking Blender (DCB). The DCB is an essential tool for baking and cooking, and this campaign aims to help those who are struggling to keep their DCB in good condition or need a replacement.

2. How can I participate in "The Baker"SOS! Save the DCB - Help Needed!" campaign?

You can participate in the campaign by purchasing a DCB, sharing the campaign on social media, or making a donation to help those in need of a new DCB. You can also spread the word about the campaign to your friends and family to help raise awareness.

3. Can I donate my old DCB to the campaign?

Unfortunately, we are not accepting donations of used DCBs for the campaign. However, if you have a DCB that is still in good condition, you can donate it to a local charity or give it to a friend or family member who may be in need of one.

4. What happens to the donations made to "The Baker"SOS! Save the DCB - Help Needed!" campaign?

All donations made to the campaign will go towards purchasing new DCBs for those in need. Our team will work with local organizations and charities to identify individuals or families who could benefit from a new DCB and distribute them accordingly.

5. How long will "The Baker"SOS! Save the DCB - Help Needed!" campaign be running?

The campaign will be running for an indefinite period of time, as long as there is a need for new DCBs. We are committed to helping as many people as we can and will continue the campaign until we have met our goal.

Back