1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Only 3 people showed up, but...

1. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I sold 2 deep covered bakers! This was the first time I used the DCB at a show, at the hosts requested. I didnt figure a micro meal in the DCB would go over so well.

I like to make some kind of pizza or something else that shows a lot of the products. The Chicken Penne dish only uses like 5 or so little products besides the DCB, but I think I sold atleast one of each of them.

The shows at like $300, and she's collecting outside orders today at church. I am so excited- I'll be using that more often!

I just wanted to share my excitement and suprise w/ you- especially since I used a lot of the tips you folks gave me on the Chicken Penne al Fresco recipe.

Apr 19, 2009
  2. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

Just a quick note... the Mexican Chicken Lasagna shows a lot of products and it's really good too! I've made it about 5 times and there's never leftovers!

Apr 19, 2009
  3. christinaspc

christinaspc Veteran Member Silver Member

I love that new recipe and it sure does get alot of attention to the dcb and the other tools.

Apr 19, 2009
  4. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

you can "beef" up the products you show in the Penne recipe by using the grill pan to cook the chicken, food chopper or salad chopper to cut it, cutting board... etc.

Apr 19, 2009
  5. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

I have learned after many years of doing PC (10) that you don't always have to use sooo many products to have great sales....my business has been "crazy good" for me this past year..I went from doing an average of maybe 4 shows a month to now having 12 on my calendar just for May!! I just did a show/fundraiser last nite for a gal doing the 3 day walk and shes at $2200 right now and not closed out yet....One lady ordered 343.00 worth of products...another had $196.00...it's crazy...and that's how my other shows having been going...Im demoing the penne pasta, the garlicy bites in the cookware and usually the dessert pizza on the round stone if they have enough guests there....those combos are working for me...and if it's not the penne pasta then it's the fajitas!!! I have so many bookings now I cant fit them all in May...what a problem!! My entire business has done a 360!!!
    I didnt have 1 recruit all last year...I've already signed 2 and have 2 more coming on in April...possibly 3!!!!! whoohoooo
    And my cluster has been doing extremely well....with both shows and recruiting...And we live in Ohio where the economy is suppose to be so bad....

Apr 19, 2009
  6. jross93

jross93 Member

Seeing the DCB in action really does make believers!

On a side note, as far as the recipe not showing a lot of tools... I kinda like that. If I'm telling them how quick and easy it is to ____(fill in blank) - and then I use 50 different products to make it, I've kinda defeated the whole purpose. know what I mean?

I've found that just passing things around for people to see (and of course talking about them) while the recipe is cooking works just as well as actually demo-ing with the products. Has anyone else found this?

Jen

Apr 19, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

That does make sense... No one wants to have to use a ton of utensils and then clean it all up afterwards... so really the less products the better. You can give them the either or thing... like, you can use the food chopper or the salad choppers or even just a knife and cutting board to cut up the chicken and you can even use all three methods to show them, but they'll know that they only have to use one, or whatever....

Apr 20, 2009
Have something to add?