• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Say to Sell the Dcb?

am summarizing this conversation. I think that the DCB is a great way to cook quickly and easily. I think that people should listen to the conference call to learn more about how to sell the DCB.
ChefJoyJ
I was wondering if people could share what they say when they show/use the DCB...how do you sell the DCB?

I only do the Chicken Fajitas or Chicken Penne Al Fresco at shows and while I have "down time" (doing chopping, etc) I talk about the other things you can make!! I sell 2-5 at FULL price every show!!

i have only sold 2...and those were to my mom and aunt...and they both got them half off with their hostess benefits, everyone else doesn't even blink when i talk about it and demo it, they just sit there...and then eat the food and say oh that is good. but no buyers yet :(

I've had only 2 or 3 "buy" it and the rest get it free or half price as a host. Some hosts don't even want it which amazes me as they all have families with small children. I sold it at each show when i did BOTH the 10min pork tenderloin AND 15min Chicken fajitas. As I think they had double wow. WHen I do just one or the other - I get no results. I have the host pay for the fajita ingredients and then I bring the pork tenderloin. Maybe when I can figure out what secret people use to getting recruits then I'll figure out how to sell the bajesus out of the DCB. I look forward to seeing what responses you get.

cwinter474 said:

I've read it...and I think her idea of quick, to the point, and no games is working. Definitely something I hope/plan to utilize during my next weekday show. I was looking for wordings, tips, etc that people use when talking about how amazing the DCB is. Do people talk about it being part of our stoneware line? How about why it works the way it does? Do you skip the reasons it works and just talk about all the amazing things you can do?

Those of you who are selling DCBs at your show...what do you say? What do you do? (besides demo-ing it, of course) :rolleyes:

I don't get into the statisitical details, you know all of the stuffy stuff. I talk about how AWESOME it is, how quickly i can make a healthy meal in the micro for my whole family. I talk about all of the different things you can make!!
I don't talk about it as a Luxury item b/c of the price, I talk about it as a MUST have for every kitchen!!

I demonstrate the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco and while everyone is eating, I wipe it down (to show everyone how easy it is to clean, and that you don't have to wash it) and then I make the 13 Minute Cobbler Cake. By the time that its done, everyone is just about done eating. I scoop up the cobbler cake with the ice cream scoop and a scoop of Homemade Vanilla ice cream and while everyone is enjoying their dessert I tell them about all the great things that you can cook in the microwave! The biggest selling points I have come across are the fact that you don't have to wash it, and the fact that you can make dinner and dessert without having to turn on the oven. It's like a million degrees in the summer in Texas so anytime you can enjoy a good dinner without having to heat up the whole kitchen, is always a good thing. I have sold 3-4 bakers per show since I started demonstrating it and I have booked at least 2 shows per party. I have been mentioning the 60% discount for September hosts and I already have 6 shows booked for September!

13 Minute Cobbler Cake
1 Yellow Cake Mix (No Butter Recipe)
1 Can Pie Filling (Apple, Peach, Strawberry, etc.)
1 1/2 Sticks butter, cut up

Pour the cake mix into the bottom of the DCB. Pour the pie filling over the top, and spread out. Place the pats of butter all over the top of the pie filling. Put the lid on the baker and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes. Take the baker out and stir the mixture until all of the cake mix is well incorporated. Put the lid back on and put back in the microwave for 3 minutes.

I scoop it out of the baker with the large scoop and add a scoop or two of ice cream. No one can get over how good the dessert is and how quick and easy it is!

I just tell everyone that its such a quick and easy go-to recipe. If you have guests stop in that you're not expecting or something quick and easy after dinner - this dessert is done just about the times you get the drinks fixed and the plates out!

I've been having great success with doing the 30 Minute Chicken in the DCB, Garlic Bites in the cookware, and then while they are eating/browsing the catalog I make the Lava Cake in the DCB. I sort of tell them what I'm doing and almost always the reaction is "no way, 12 minutes for a cake, really?" Usually they are already in awe just by the chicken, especially at that point when they are eating it...the cake just sort of seals the deal.

I talk a lot about alllll the different things I make in the DCB.

And I refer to it as the Magic Pot. And from there on out, my customers refer to it as the Magic Pot too. I just saw a mom from a Kids' Day Out 'show' I did this week and she said to me "I did it, I ordered the Magic Pot!!!" LOL I said "YEAH! I saw your order this morning - you're going to LOVE it!" 2 of the 3 orders from this event have included the DCB and I didn't even demo it!

I had sold 3 in May and June, until I started doing this combo - the recipes and calling it the Magic Pot. And in July and August I've sold 13

siglamb71 said:
I demonstrate the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco and while everyone is eating, I wipe it down (to show everyone how easy it is to clean, and that you don't have to wash it) and then I make the 13 Minute Cobbler Cake. By the time that its done, everyone is just about done eating. I scoop up the cobbler cake with the ice cream scoop and a scoop of Homemade Vanilla ice cream and while everyone is enjoying their dessert I tell them about all the great things that you can cook in the microwave! The biggest selling points I have come across are the fact that you don't have to wash it, and the fact that you can make dinner and dessert without having to turn on the oven. It's like a million degrees in the summer in Texas so anytime you can enjoy a good dinner without having to heat up the whole kitchen, is always a good thing. I have sold 3-4 bakers per show since I started demonstrating it and I have booked at least 2 shows per party. I have been mentioning the 60% discount for September hosts and I already have 6 shows booked for September!

13 Minute Cobbler Cake

Pour the cake mix into the bottom of the DCB. Pour the pie filling over the top, and spread out. Place the pats of butter all over the top of the pie filling. Put the lid on the baker and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes. Take the baker out and stir the mixture until all of the cake mix is well incorporated. Put the lid back on and put back in the microwave for 3 minutes.

I scoop it out of the baker with the large scoop and add a scoop or two of ice cream. No one can get over how good the dessert is and how quick and easy it is!

I just tell everyone that its such a quick and easy go-to recipe. If you have guests stop in that you're not expecting or something quick and easy after dinner - this dessert is done just about the times you get the drinks fixed and the plates out!

Really? :eek: You don't take it to the sink and scrape it and such w/ hot water or anything? I'm surprised the garlic taste doesn't transfer to the dessert. :confused: Maybe I'm wrong, though. But I don't think I'd be comfortable doing that. People give me odd looks enough when I tell them they don't have to use soap, but to not even use hot water and scrape it would push them over the edge. :D

babywings76 said:
Really? :eek: You don't take it to the sink and scrape it and such w/ hot water or anything? I'm surprised the garlic taste doesn't transfer to the dessert. :confused: Maybe I'm wrong, though. But I don't think I'd be comfortable doing that. People give me odd looks enough when I tell them they don't have to use soap, but to not even use hot water and scrape it would push them over the edge. :D

I just take a dishcloth and get it wet with really, really hot water and wipe it down. If there is something in the bottom of the baker that needs to be scraped out, I do that and then wipe it down. I've never had a problem with anything tasting like anything else (i.e. garlic, etc.)

Everyone that I have come across LOVES the fact that you don't wash it. I think thats one of its biggest selling points.

Think about this....how much does it cost a family of 4 to go out to eat at a sit-down restaurant? Not too much more than the cost of the DCB. Even at 1/2 price, the cost is pretty close for a family of 4 to eat at a "fast" restaurant (think Chick Fil A or Corner Bakery).
I haven't used those exact words, b/c I've been doing the Mx. Chicken Lasagna, and I emphasize that this quick meal can bring the family to the table for around $2 per serving and then just ask "How much does it cost these days for a family of 4 to eat out at a sit down restaurant?"

"This is the new fast food . . . " Talk about the different recipes you can make and the time it takes for them to cook. I also list several recipes that can be prepped the night before and just have to be placed in the microwave "in the time it takes for dinner to cook you can gather everyone around the table and pour the drinks." If you are currently going through the drive through or eating out -- eliminating that once per week will pay for the $69 baker very quickly. For my family of 5 that is just one meal at a sit down restaurant(think about the tip) or two trips through the drive through -- and with the deep covered baker there are usually leftovers for dinner the next night or lunch the next day. "In today's economy you can't afford NOT to have this baker."

I haven't tried this yet -- another consultant actually has a deep covered baker binder they pass around. It has recipes, a DCB Bundle with a $4 discount, a receipt from a sit down chain style restaurant, etc.

Talk about the time and money it has saved your family.

floccies said:
"This is the new fast food . . . " Talk about the different recipes you can make and the time it takes for them to cook. I also list several recipes that can be prepped the night before and just have to be placed in the microwave "in the time it takes for dinner to cook you can gather everyone around the table and pour the drinks." If you are currently going through the drive through or eating out -- eliminating that once per week will pay for the $69 baker very quickly. For my family of 5 that is just one meal at a sit down restaurant(think about the tip) or two trips through the drive through -- and with the deep covered baker there are usually leftovers for dinner the next night or lunch the next day. "In today's economy you can't afford NOT to have this baker."

I haven't tried this yet -- another consultant actually has a deep covered baker binder they pass around. It has recipes, a DCB Bundle with a $4 discount, a receipt from a sit down chain style restaurant, etc.

Talk about the time and money it has saved your family.

Great idea!! :thumbup: Love it! :love:

Love this idea, any chance you can get one for me to see??? I'm a visual person, duh to me.

Lisa

I love this idea too, but what about the wording for weekend shows???? How would you sell the quickness of the meal if they aren't coming from work??? Any ideas? Thanks.

Even if I'm not coming home from work, I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. You could talk about coming home from weekend activities, or not having to interrupt lazy weekend days with lots of work or something like that.

When you make the 13 minute cobbler do you mix the cake mix as normal or just put the cake mix itself in the bottom of the DCB?

siglamb71 said:

13 Minute Cobbler Cake

So, where does the homemade vanilla ice cream come in?

danielleb said:
When you make the 13 minute cobbler do you mix the cake mix as normal or just put the cake mix itself in the bottom of the DCB?

Just dry cake mix, don't make the batter.

Also, I do my cobbler differently...similar but different, lol. in the DCB I do TWO cans filling (your choice) and I prefer a white or french vanilla cake (i've tried different yellow cakes and they all seem to buttery), and only 1 stick of butter. I do the pie filling FIRST, then cake mix on top, then butter. Microwave 10 mins, stir so all the cake mix gets moist, then micro 2-3 more mins. Also, I do the first 10 mins covered, the last 2-3 mins uncovered... thats just me.

What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware cooking vessel that can be used in the microwave, oven, or on the stovetop. Its unique design allows for even heat distribution and helps to lock in moisture for perfectly cooked dishes.

What types of dishes can I make with the DCB?

The possibilities are endless with the DCB! You can make casseroles, roasts, breads, desserts, and more. It's perfect for both savory and sweet dishes, and can handle temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Is the DCB easy to clean?

Yes, the DCB is very easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe, or you can simply rinse it with warm water and use a nylon scraper to remove any stuck-on food. It's important to avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners on the stoneware.

Can I use the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in the microwave. It is designed to withstand high temperatures and can be used for cooking, reheating, and defrosting food.

Why should I choose the DCB over other cooking vessels?

The DCB offers many benefits that other cooking vessels do not. It is made of high-quality stoneware that is durable and long-lasting. It also has a nonstick surface, making it easy to release food and clean up. Plus, its versatility allows you to cook a wide range of dishes with just one pot!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsolnick
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • HealthNut