• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

UPampered Chefoming Host Doesn't Use Dcb Much

In summary, the host mentioned that she doesn't use the DCB as much as she thought she would and that it may not be as beneficial as they thought it was.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I have a party coming up in a couple weeks, and just talked to the host a few days ago. She mentioned that she doesn't use the DCB as much as she thought she would... :( Has anyone had a customer who doesn't love the DCB as much as we do? I did give her a DCB cookbook when she bought it, but I wasn't sure what to say right then, and now I'm not sure how I'll present the DCB at her party. If even the host isn't sold on this product, then how will I manage to sell it to her guests as a booking tool?? Or I'll have to do such a good job at selling it, that she'll be motivated to use it again.

I do think though, as with all things, people go through phases of cooking (lately I haven't been cooking many 'real' meals either, just doing very quick and easy things, so I haven't used my DCB as much).

Any other tips? I think a "30 days with your DCB" (in another thread) would be a really helpful tool to use.

I'd ask her what she has used it for, and maybe see if she just doesn't realize it's uses. Keep it casual maybe as part of your coaching conversation. Maybe say that you really want to help her get the most value for her money spent. Ask if she's looked at the "cookbook". Maybe offer her a "Dinner's Done" pack of recipes as a Host Gift at her show. Some people, even though you put the book in her hand, probably didn't even read anything in it and just filed it away. I gave one of my hosts the "DCB Cookbook" - but I printed the pages, put them in some page protectors in a 3-ring binder. I then found a flyer on here with DCB photos all over it and slipped that in the front of the binder as a cover. It looked great and she loved it! As far as your show, if you still aren't "Feeling it" from the host before hand, then maybe focus on Cookware to get the October bookings anyway, and just use the DCB for a cake or something.

My 2nd party (ever) as a consultant was for a very good friend of mine. When I arrived at their home with my DCB, all excited to get started, his wife turned to me and said "OMG, we have that and I HATE IT!" All I could think about was that this party is going to be the worst ever simply because my whole evening was planned around the DCB and they hate theirs... As we got to talking, they "hate" it because they haven't taken the time to use it and they hadn't seen it in action when they bought it...

Once she saw it in action, in the microwave, at her home, she was sold within seconds. She was doing all of the work for me and it was awesome. I explained to her (and her guests) that i use it at least once a week - if not more... and talked about a few of the things that we use it for. They were so excited to see me cook raw chicken in there in 10 minutes and i used the meat thermometer to show them it was done and it didn't look like microwaved chicken. I also gave them a Season's Best and highlighted my favorite DCB recipes from the book.

What topped it all off is when I gave them my recipe (rather the recipe I got from my director) for Oreo Dump cake in the DCB in the microwave... her husband LOVED the thought of cake in the microwave.

That was almost 2 weeks ago and they've used the DCB for dinner at least 5 times since then... my friend has even come to work with a couple of new recipes/suggestions that they've come up with.

It was a hit! I think that my excitement about the product (because I really do use it A LOT and absolutely love it!) helped a lot... but it also helps when you pass on your energy to the other guests - it should make the host re-consider her lack of interest in the piece and might help her get excited about it again.

Good luck to you! I hope it goes weel!!

One of my good friends hosted my first party for me in July. She already had the DCB and had never used it. She was going to get rid of it- until I told her about cooking in the microwave with it. She saw my demo at her show and she was sold. She just didn't know how to use it before.

Jenn822 said:
What topped it all off is when I gave them my recipe (rather the recipe I got from my director) for Oreo Dump cake in the DCB in the microwave... her husband LOVED the thought of cake in the microwave.

OREO dump cake?!?!? PLEASE share!!! :-D

I think it's in one of the recipes threads in here - but I'd love to share. =)

Chocolate cake mix - mixed with ingredients on the box - pour into DCB. Then take a container of vanilla frosting and drop globs (the small scoop works well) throughout the batter in the DCB. Microwave for about 12 minutes uncovered and there you have it. =)

1. What are some alternatives to using the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker?

While the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is a versatile and popular product, there are a few alternatives you can use instead. Some customers prefer using the Rockcrok Everyday Pan or the Stoneware Rectangular Baker for similar recipes.

2. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party if I don't use the Deep Covered Baker?

Absolutely! Our parties are designed to showcase a variety of products, not just the Deep Covered Baker. Your consultant can work with you to plan a party that fits your cooking preferences and needs.

3. Is the Deep Covered Baker only for baking bread?

No, the Deep Covered Baker can be used for a variety of recipes, including casseroles, roasts, and even desserts. It's a versatile product that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the stovetop.

4. Are there any special techniques for using the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, we recommend preheating the Deep Covered Baker before adding your food to ensure even cooking. It's also important to never preheat the DCB while it's empty, and to always use oven mitts when handling it as it will be hot.

5. Can I purchase the Deep Covered Baker without hosting a party?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is available for purchase without hosting a party. You can purchase it directly from a Pampered Chef consultant or through our website. However, hosting a party is a great way to earn discounts and free products, so we highly recommend it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies