• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB in Dishwasher: What to Do Next? Tips from a Trusted Host

Some people just do it because it's easier than taking the dish off the counter and putting it in the sink. Others think it's a good way to clean it.Oh you made laugh! :)
jesikaransom
Happy 4th all. Just in and check my email and a host of mine has a delima... her DCB has been run through the dishwasher by her daughter!!!

She wants to know what to do next??

HELP!!!

Nothing to do next. Just use as usual. Chances are it hasn't harmed it (there are a few consultants on here who have posted about how they put their stones in the dishwasher regularly). The guarantee has been voided, though.

It's possible that it could have a fine crack now from the thermal shock and I suppose it could add a soapy taste to the next thing cooked in it.

Many people have been lucky and dw has not hurt the stone at all so hopefully you will too. If there's a soapy taste (or you just want to be sure) cook some crescent roll dough in it and throw the dough away after - it absorbs the soap somehow.

I actually had guests say they throw it in the dishwasher WITHOUT SOUP... I didn't think about the thermal shock or voiding the warranty. This forum is awesome - i'll know next time...

to make sure there is no "soapy" taste she can line the bottom and sides with a can or two of cheap biscuits, bake them at 350 for about 15 min. Cool, remove biscuits and throw them away. that should remove the soapy taste.

You can make a paste with baking soda and water and use it like soap. This will pull out any flavor.

Malinda Klein said:
I actually had guests say they throw it in the dishwasher WITHOUT SOUP... I didn't think about the thermal shock or voiding the warranty. This forum is awesome - i'll know next time...

Why would anyone want to put soup in the dishwasher anyway?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist :D)

I hand wash mine after I use it with hot soapy water and it NEVER tastes like soap! :)

cookingwithdot said:
I hand wash mine after I use it with hot soapy water and it NEVER tastes like soap! :)

It won't if it's not seasoned as the stone is non-porous. The soap sticks to the seasoning.. And, if you're using it primarily in the microwave, it won't get the same dark seasoning as it does in the oven.

Ah ha! That is why mine still looks so pristine & new. :)

I woke up this morning, and discovered that my MIL put my DCB in the dishwasher (and ran the dishwasher) last night. Ggrrrr!

Some time ago, my SIL put my pie plate in the dishwasher. I just had to re-season it and it's still ok.

I actually used to be a German TPC Consultant, and the company in Germany told me that it won't hurt to throw any stoneware in the dishwasher, just has to be re seasoned.
I have the large round stone, and after 4 years of using it it got really sticky and nasty - so I asked what to do, and what I mentioned above was the advise I got.
I had it several times in the dishwasher, didn't hurt it.

PamperedchefDaly said:
Why would anyone want to put soup in the dishwasher anyway?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist :D)

Oh you made laugh! :)

Related to DCB in Dishwasher: What to Do Next? Tips from a Trusted Host

What is a DCB and can it be washed in the dishwasher?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a stoneware baking dish made by Pampered Chef. It is safe to wash in the dishwasher, making clean up a breeze.

Can I use the DCB in the oven?

Yes, the DCB is oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Do I need to season the DCB before using it?

No, the DCB does not need to be seasoned before use. It is ready to use right out of the box.

What types of dishes can I make in the DCB?

The DCB is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes, including casseroles, roasts, and even desserts.

Is the DCB covered by a warranty?

Yes, the DCB is covered by a limited 3-year warranty. If the product is defective or breaks during normal use, we will replace it free of charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • vanscootin