• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Demoing the Dcb at Shows....

In summary, most people have to reduce the power or the cooking time on their microwaves if they have a high-power one. If you don't know for sure, just ask.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I am loving my Deep Covered Baker, and would love to use it at shows. Here's my delima: I am such a control freak and I don't like the fact that everyone's microwaves are so different! Mine cooks really hot and quick...so normally I follow the recipe, but use only 80 or 90% power when it calls for high power.

How are you all dealing with different microwaves? Run into any problems? I know that I need to check on the size of the micro to be sure the DCB will FIT into it...but that's not what has me worried.

Sorry, I know I am anal :eek: but I can't help it!! I am honestly so nervous about it that I have NEVER offered a DCB recipe as the demo.

I know how you feel Kelly!

I too have a high-power microwave and I have to either reduce the power or the cooking time in mine. Usually what I do at a host's house is take a look at her MW. You can usually tell just by looking at the MW how old it is. I ask them how fast it cooks and reheats food for them. I will usually split the difference on cook time if I'm not sure and then check it and add time if need be. Most of the newer construction (in subdivisions) in my area is less than 3 years and they all have MW's mounted above the stove - I figure that these are mostly 'builder-grade' MWs and that the cook time will be about what the recipe calls for. kwim? There are other neighborhoods that are custom homes and they have higher grade appliances so I ask about theirs. I hope this makes sense. Another words, if it looks like an older MW (really big MW) then you probably need to add time. If it looks new and is mounted above the stove then it's proabably pretty true., If it's sitting on the counter, ask how long they have had it and how it fast it heats left-overs.

I rarely use the microwave, so when I remodeled my kitchen, I just put in a small microwave that I use mainly to reheat stuff....
My DCB won't fit in the microwave. I did make a cake in the stoneware fluted pan in it. It was so tight that the turntable wouldn't turn, so I had to turn the pan....took 30 minutes to cook! I did end up with a beautiful strawberry colored door-stop, though!

If you know your host has one of the bigger microwaves, though, you should be fine.

1. What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef that stands for Deep Covered Baker. It is made of stoneware that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the grill. The lid of the DCB creates a sealed environment for cooking, resulting in perfectly cooked meals with minimal effort.

2. Can I use the DCB to cook a variety of meals?

Yes, the DCB is designed to cook a wide range of meals including meats, vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts. It can also be used to reheat leftovers or make one-pot meals for easy cleanup.

3. How do I clean the DCB?

Cleaning the DCB is a breeze. Simply allow it to cool down after use and then wash it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils which can damage the stoneware. If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a baking soda paste to remove them.

4. Can I use the DCB in the dishwasher?

While the DCB is dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing to prolong its lifespan. The high heat and harsh detergents in dishwashers can cause the stoneware to crack or break over time.

5. Do you have any tips for demoing the DCB at shows?

Yes, here are a few tips: first, make sure to preheat the DCB for 10-15 minutes before adding the food. This will ensure even cooking. Second, use cooking spray or oil to prevent food from sticking to the stoneware. And lastly, showcase the versatility of the DCB by cooking different types of dishes during your demo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
atpchef
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe