• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try the DCB: Fajitas in the DCB for 2 Months, Deals Inside!

maybe you could cook 4-5 breasts ahead of time and then just add to the fajitas when they are done cooking?Re: DcbYou could try the extra chicken in the DCB, but it will probably significantly increase your cooking time. Maybe make three in the grill pan while the DCB is going? I always bring the grill pan to my fajita show as a back up in case the DCB doesn't fit. :)
mrssyvo
I am doing fajitas in the DCB for the next 2 months, and I am going to offer deals if they buy the DBC (free shipping if they buy) Free shipping and rub if they buy the $95 DCB package. This was an idea I heard at our regional kick-off.

I am putting together a mini-commercial on the DCB, and I am going to type it out, and laminate it, so that I have everything down I want to say.Here is what I have so far- any other things I should not forget?
Deep Covered Baker – the 21st Century Crockpot

• Helps people cook quick/easy/delicious/economical food
• Can put in microwave
• Lid seals in juices
• Cooks evenly since it’s stoneware
• 13 cup capacity
• Cleans easily
• Keeps flavor in
• 4 breasts about a pound takes 11 mins in microwave
• free shipping on DCB orders “I’ll pay for the gallon of gas you used to get here tonight”
o Also, by buying DCB, guest automatically earns the guest special
o DCB Kit for $95: DCB, Salad Choppers, a rub, Season’s Best….and throw in an additional rub and free shipping

Re: DcbPlease don't take this the wrong way but how do the salad choppers relate to the DCB? Maybe you could offer an oven mitt set or something instead?

Otherwise, I think it's awesome and I might "borrow" your selling points!

Re: Dcb
chefsteph07 said:
Please don't take this the wrong way but how do the salad choppers relate to the DCB? Maybe you could offer an oven mitt set or something instead?

Otherwise, I think it's awesome and I might "borrow" your selling points!

Because she's making the fajitas and you use the choppers to chop the chicken after it's cooked.

Re: DcbOh, ok!
I don't do that so I had no idea how the two went together..my bad!:eek:

Re: DcbI love this idea! Although, I may substitute the the salad choppers with the meat lifters since the holiday entertaining season is coming all too fast!

Re: DcbI just used the notes from our kick-off. She ises the salad choppers to chop the chicken. I also use the choppers for the salsa, when I do fajitas. While the chicken is cooking, we make salsa a guacamole. I usually sell 3 choppers at each show I do fajitas.

Re: DcbHmmm, is there a recipe doc for the DCB? That might be a cute included item that wont cost you (except for priniting it)??

Re: DcbWhen ever I sell a DCB, I give them a recipe sheet. I have them in my catalog bag. I want them to be excited with their purchase right away.

Re: Dcbi'm going to try this too at my sept 11 show..we're doing 30-min chicken and the red pepper aioli. sue, let me know how it works for you!

Re: DcbI spoke to my hostess for Friday night, and she has 20 confirmed guests- she thinks we should use 6 breasts for the fajitas. I am not so sure that it is a good idea to try to cook 6 breasts at one time in the DCB, we are making fajitas. What do you think about doing 3 in the DCB, and 3 on the stovetop, in a stir fry skillet- isn't there a recipe for the fajitas on the stovetop, showing cookware?
What do you all suggest?

Re: DcbHere is what I give to anyone when they purchase the DCB:

(BTW, it's not "mine" it's from someone on here!)

mrssyvo~

What if you do 3 of the breasts ahead of time...like maybe right when you get to your host's house? That way, it doesn't add a bunch of time to your demo...

Attachments

• Covered Baker Recipe flyer.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 322
Re: DcbI like your ideas, but I'm curious why you are offering so many extra discounts/freebies, especially on an item that doesn't need it- free shipping eats up to 1/3 of the commission? I have yet to offer any extra discount on the DCB alone and I've sold 21 of them in the last 3 months. Do you really need to lose some of your well-earned money- just wondering, not critiquing!

Re: DcbAt our regional kick-off, the girl who did her DCB demo, said when she started doing this, her show average incresaed 2 fold, I believe, bookings shot up, etc.

Kelly, Are you saying I should go ahead and cook 3 of the chicken breasts completely, and just add to the fajitas when completed, or cook partially, and then add to fajitas before I begin cooking?

Re: DcbYou could try the extra chicken in the DCB, but it will probably significantly increase your cooking time. Maybe make three in the grill pan while the DCB is going? I always bring the grill pan to my fajita show as a back up in case the DCB doesn't fit. :)I agree, 3 is not going to be enough chicken for 20 people.

Re: DcbDeb, great idea about the grill pan- should I season it with the SW seasoning, and then just add it to the DCB, in the juices with the completed chicken & veggies? There always seems to be more than enough juices.

Re: DcbHave you considered maybe cooking 3 as soon as you get there and the other 3 once the guests arrive?

mrssyvo said:
Deb, great idea about the grill pan- should I season it with the SW seasoning, and then just add it to the DCB, in the juices with the completed chicken & veggies? There always seems to be more than enough juices.

yeah, just combine it all after it's all done cooking.

Re: DcbThanks for posting the recipe flyer! Good job!

I am doing the fajitas tonight and I will be cooking half in the DCB and the other half on the grill pan. I will combine it all in the DCB when it is finshed cooking. I will slice the grilled chicken to demo the knives and salad chop the microwaved chicken.

Re: DcbGreat idea! I may borrow it, at least in part.
If I may...I always mention the fact that the Stoneware, especially this piece with a cover, keeps dishes nice and hot. With the Holiday Season so close that is sure to be something that the guests will love. It doesn't matter if you need it to stay hot while serving at home or transporting it to some dinner. It can also be used to transfere a prepared dish into just for this reason...an incubator, so to speak.
I LOVE THE DCB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: DcbIf you have the host buy chicken tenders, you can cook the entire bag in the baker for the regular time, instead of doing 3 in the baker, some on the grill pan, etc. I just dump the whole bag in the baker. Of course, cleaned beforehand!

Re: DcbI did these at a show with 6 boneless chicken breasts. Just increase the cooking time and make sure they are done with the thermometer or by cutting a piece off.

You want to make it look easy - not dirty up more pans to clean.

Re: DcbI thiunk I will use the grill pan as well, since it is the hostess special for September- still time to book a show or two

Re: DcbI have a quick hijack on this...

I am doing the chicken fajita pizza tonight and was planning on cooking the chick up in the DCB, host just told me she got the precooked chicken...ugh!
I want to show off the DCB, but now what do I do w/o demonstrating something in it? I feel like bringing one chick breast of my own and demonstrating it...

Re: DcbDo you guys have all of these?? My director sent this out today... There are 9 or 10 recipes here

Attachments

• Deep Covered Baker Recipes.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 627
Re: DcbI used my salad choppers ever time I use my dcb.

Re: DcbI used the DCB last night to make the Fajitas for friends (they were my guinee pigs). I put 6 breasts in and in the reg cooking time, the chicken wasn't done. So I did 5 more minutes and they were perfect. We used extra peppers too. I was very suprised that there was so much juice when they were done. Also, my friends husband didn't show up for a 1/2 hour after the meal was done, so we waited. The food was still hot in the DCB when we finally ate. I was very pleased and now excited to do this at a show.

Re: DcbI did this at a show over the weekend... LOVED IT!!!
Since SA is host special next month I brought the three tier stand. On the bottom I has a lg plate with shell. Then in the middle I did med bowl with chicken and peppers. On top a had a small plate with grated cheese. I also brought the two bowl caddy for guac and salsa, and I used the EAD for the sour cream. Super easy and it all looked so nice :D

Re: DcbIs there a write-up somewhere with how to do the fajitas in a show format? I really want to try this for my upcoming shows.

PamperedCaniac said:
Do you guys have all of these?? My director sent this out today... There are 9 or 10 recipes here
The recipes I have seen for the 30 minute chicken say to cook it uncovered and then cover it when you take it out. Yours says covered for both - anyone know which is correct? Made the fajitas but have not made a whole chicken yet.

Re: DcbThe official recipe from HO is cook uncovered. That recipe is still available on CC, under Products and Recipes > Enhance Your Show > Incredible 30-Minute Chicken.

chefsteph07 said:
If you have the host buy chicken tenders, you can cook the entire bag in the baker for the regular time, instead of doing 3 in the baker, some on the grill pan, etc. I just dump the whole bag in the baker. Of course, cleaned beforehand!

Seriously!?! I was wondering what the time for cooking tenderloins was going to be- as I have my first Power cooking workshop thurs and have 12rsvps so dump the entire bag in there and cook for as long as the original recipe calls for?! Thanks for any replies, gotta be prepared by thursday!

doughmama said:
The recipes I have seen for the 30 minute chicken say to cook it uncovered and then cover it when you take it out. Yours says covered for both - anyone know which is correct? Made the fajitas but have not made a whole chicken yet.

I had no clue! LOL I just got this from my director the other day! LOL Sorry if there were some typos! :)

doughmama said:

I do the whole chicken uncovered and the fajitas (or any boneless skinless meat) covered.

Like Ann said - the official recipe for the 30 minute chicken is uncovered. I like it that way, because when you follow the directions, and use the seasonings recommended, you get a little bit of that crispy skin going on. Plus - people are just amazed that you can do a chicken uncovered and it doesn't splatter all over!:D

1. What is the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

The Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware dish that can be used in the microwave to cook quick, easy, and delicious meals. Its lid seals in juices and helps to evenly cook your food.

2. What are the benefits of using the DCB?

The DCB has a 13 cup capacity and is easy to clean. It also helps to keep the flavor in your food and can cook 4 chicken breasts in just 11 minutes in the microwave.

3. Is there a special deal for purchasing the DCB?

Yes, if you buy the $95 DCB package, which includes the DCB, Salad Choppers, a rub, and Season's Best, you will also receive an additional rub and free shipping.

4. Is there a way to earn free shipping on DCB orders?

Yes, if you purchase the DCB, you will receive free shipping and the host will even cover the cost of the gas you used to attend the event.

5. How can I learn more about using the DCB?

You can attend our regional kick-off event where you can see a demonstration of the DCB in action. You can also refer to our mini-commercial script for more information on the benefits and features of the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefMoore