1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: DCB vs. Micro Cooker for Chicken

1. avelissar

avelissar Member

Good Morning,

Last night, at our cluster meeting, we used the micro cooker to cook chicken in the microwave. I've never done this before, and I was wondering if there was an actual difference in the chicken (end result), when you use the micro cooker vs. the DCB.

I have always used the DCB. But now I am thinking ....the chicken came out moist from the micro cooker and the micro cooker is much lighter and easier to store than the DCB. I can see a guest questioning me on this....

From what I can tell...

Yes, you can make Chicken in the micro cooker, but perhaps you can fit more in the DCB?

Could you theoretically do the Chicken Fajitas in the micro cooker and it turn out the same?

Can you do any of the other microwave DCB recipes in the microcooker?

Thanks!

Andrea

May 13, 2009
  2. avelissar

avelissar Member

Is the only difference the smaller quantities?

May 13, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Many people don't like to cook in plastic.

The DCB is more versatile, because it also goes in the oven.

I can't imagine that the quality of the food is the same, when making something like the Tortilla Lasagna, etc...and I would never try to roast a whole chicken in the microcooker.

Another big thing is that no one is going to book to get a microcooker for 1/2 off or free. The DCB is a huge booking tool for me. I sell lots of microcookers, and never even take it to shows...so I don't think I'd ever bother to feature it in a demo.

May 13, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Plus, you can't use a knife or salad chopper with the micro-cooker....meaning you'd have to get another dish out and have more dishes to wash.

5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

And that is HUGE for people! No one wants to create more dirty dishes!

May 13, 2009
  6. merego

merego Senior Member

I use my micro-cooker when I am needing chicken to make chicken salad or diced chicken for a recipe. I use the DCB all the time for the 30 minute chicken, chili, the lasagna etc.......

May 13, 2009
  7. avelissar

avelissar Member

hmmm...we actually did use the salad chopper in the microcooker. I remember thinking if that was the best idea...

May 13, 2009
  8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Ooh really....how did that work out? I would imagine it scratched it up badly....the idea of curling plastic or slivers of it getting into our food kind of grosses me out:yuck:....but that's just my eccentricities. I like mine to stay smooth, and hate when I see surface scratches on the outside of mine! :blushing:

9. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Pitch it both ways. The MC for singles and the DCB for family meals.

10. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

The cup of the bottom blades wouldn't allow it to come in contact with the plastic

11. Jolie_Paradoxe

Good Point....I forget I use mine diffrently. With my arthritis, I find it easier to hold upright, and chop that way! He He

Have something to add?