• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Vs. Micro Cooker for Chicken

In summary, using the micro cooker may produce a moist chicken, but the DCB is more versatile and can also be used in the oven.
avelissar
Good Morning,

Last night, at our cluster meeting, we used the micro cooker to cook chicken in the microwave. I've never done this before, and I was wondering if there was an actual difference in the chicken (end result), when you use the micro cooker vs. the DCB.

I have always used the DCB. But now I am thinking ....the chicken came out moist from the micro cooker and the micro cooker is much lighter and easier to store than the DCB. I can see a guest questioning me on this....

From what I can tell...

Yes, you can make Chicken in the micro cooker, but perhaps you can fit more in the DCB?

Could you theoretically do the Chicken Fajitas in the micro cooker and it turn out the same?

Can you do any of the other microwave DCB recipes in the microcooker?

Thanks!

Andrea

Is the only difference the smaller quantities?

Many people don't like to cook in plastic.

The DCB is more versatile, because it also goes in the oven.

I can't imagine that the quality of the food is the same, when making something like the Tortilla Lasagna, etc...and I would never try to roast a whole chicken in the microcooker.

Another big thing is that no one is going to book to get a microcooker for 1/2 off or free. The DCB is a huge booking tool for me. I sell lots of microcookers, and never even take it to shows...so I don't think I'd ever bother to feature it in a demo.

Plus, you can't use a knife or salad chopper with the micro-cooker....meaning you'd have to get another dish out and have more dishes to wash.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Plus, you can't use a knife or salad chopper with the micro-cooker....meaning you'd have to get another dish out and have more dishes to wash.

And that is HUGE for people! No one wants to create more dirty dishes!

I use my micro-cooker when I am needing chicken to make chicken salad or diced chicken for a recipe. I use the DCB all the time for the 30 minute chicken, chili, the lasagna etc.......

hmmm...we actually did use the salad chopper in the microcooker. I remember thinking if that was the best idea...

avelissar said:
hmmm...we actually did use the salad chopper in the microcooker. I remember thinking if that was the best idea...

Ooh really....how did that work out? I would imagine it scratched it up badly....the idea of curling plastic or slivers of it getting into our food kind of grosses me out:yuck:....but that's just my eccentricities. I like mine to stay smooth, and hate when I see surface scratches on the outside of mine! :blushing:

Pitch it both ways. The MC for singles and the DCB for family meals.

The cup of the bottom blades wouldn't allow it to come in contact with the plastic

amyscookinggear said:
The cup of the bottom blades wouldn't allow it to come in contact with the plastic

Good Point....I forget I use mine diffrently. With my arthritis, I find it easier to hold upright, and chop that way! He He

What is the difference between the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) and the Micro Cooker for cooking chicken?

The Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware baking dish that can be used in the oven or microwave to cook chicken. It has a deep base and a domed lid, allowing for even heat distribution and moisture retention. The Micro Cooker is a plastic container specifically designed for cooking chicken in the microwave. It has a vented lid and a raised platform to keep the chicken elevated.

Can both the DCB and Micro Cooker be used for cooking chicken in the oven?

Yes, both the Deep Covered Baker and Micro Cooker can be used in the oven to cook chicken. However, the DCB is more versatile as it can also be used in the microwave and is great for roasting, braising, and baking a variety of dishes.

Which one is better for cooking chicken – the DCB or Micro Cooker?

Both the Deep Covered Baker and Micro Cooker are great options for cooking chicken. The choice ultimately depends on personal preference and cooking method. The DCB is better for slow cooking and creating crispy skin, while the Micro Cooker is ideal for quick and easy microwave cooking.

Are there any special instructions for using the DCB or Micro Cooker to cook chicken?

There are a few tips for using the DCB or Micro Cooker to cook chicken. For the DCB, it is recommended to preheat the dish in the oven before adding the chicken to ensure even cooking. For the Micro Cooker, it is important to follow the recommended cooking times and to make sure the chicken is fully cooked before consuming.

Can I cook frozen chicken in the DCB or Micro Cooker?

It is not recommended to cook frozen chicken in either the Deep Covered Baker or Micro Cooker. For best results, it is recommended to thaw the chicken before cooking to ensure even cooking and to prevent potential food safety issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • taterbug
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefsteph07