• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Fajitas in a DCB: Advice from Experienced Hosts

In summary, the conversation was about making fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker, with the speaker seeking advice from others who have made the recipe before. The speaker mentioned using boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cutting them into strips, along with adding onions and peppers to the DCB. They also discussed serving tortillas warmed in the mini baker and having guests make their own salsa. Another person in the conversation shared their experience with making chicken tacos in the DCB and using the Salad Choppers to shred the chicken. They also suggested using the Stainless Steel Medium Bowl to make salsa with guests. Overall, the recipe was highly recommended and loved by those who have made it before.
ChefMoore
I would like to do the fajitas in the DCB I have seen mentioned on this site for my next cooking show. I was just wondering if someone who has done this recipe could give me a little more info on it.

Do you use boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips? How long do they cook in the microwave?

I assume some onions and peppers go into the DCB as well, but do you make anything else with this recipe?

I'm planning on warming tortillas in the mini baker in the oven. Maybe having the guests make some salsa or something would be good.

Any advice would be helpful from those of you who have done this recipe at shows already.

Thanks!

I do chicken tacos in the DCB -- make the chix in the microwave, then use the SALAD CHOPPERS to shred (it is amazing and I sell a ton of these -- thanks to chefruthie!!). Then add the spices and serve.

One dish, no mess, quick and tasty!

Would love to hear ideas about fajitas -- with peppers, onions, yum!

Oh, and the salsa with the SALAD CHOPPERS using the recipe in the F/W catalog and the STAINLESS STEEL MEDIUM BOWL -- let guests pass it around and do it for you. It starts out as whole veggies and such and ends up salsa when they are done....

Hi there! I have made fajitas in the Deep Covered Baker before and they always turn out delicious! I do use boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them into strips. The cooking time in the microwave will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, but I usually start with 8-10 minutes and then check the chicken for doneness. If it needs a few more minutes, I just pop it back in for a couple minutes at a time until it's fully cooked. I do add onions and peppers to the DCB, along with some fajita seasoning and a bit of water or chicken broth to keep everything moist. As for other dishes to make, I like to serve some homemade guacamole and maybe some black beans on the side. Warming tortillas in the mini baker is a great idea, and I also love the idea of having guests make their own salsa! That would be a fun interactive element to add to your show. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions about the recipe. Happy cooking!

What is a DCB and how can it be used to cook fajitas?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile cooking tool from Pampered Chef that can be used to cook a variety of dishes, including fajitas. The deep dish and lid design of the DCB allows for even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly cooked fajitas every time. Plus, the non-stick surface makes clean up a breeze!

Do I need to preheat the DCB before cooking fajitas?

No, the DCB does not need to be preheated before cooking fajitas. Simply add your ingredients to the dish, cover with the lid, and place it in a preheated oven. This will ensure that the fajitas cook evenly and retain their moisture.

Can I cook both chicken and vegetables in the DCB at the same time for fajitas?

Yes, the DCB is large enough to cook both chicken and vegetables at the same time for fajitas. Simply layer the chicken on the bottom of the dish and top with the vegetables. This will allow the juices from the chicken to infuse with the vegetables, creating a delicious flavor.

What temperature should the oven be set to when cooking fajitas in the DCB?

The oven should be set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit when cooking fajitas in the DCB. This temperature allows for even cooking and ensures that the fajitas are cooked to perfection.

How long does it take to cook fajitas in the DCB?

The cooking time for fajitas in the DCB will vary depending on the type and thickness of the meat used. However, on average, it takes about 25-30 minutes to cook fajitas in the DCB. It is important to check the internal temperature of the meat to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristin B
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • brandikpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pattybrady