• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken Breasts in the Microwave Without a DCB

In summary, you can cook frozen chicken breasts in the microwave without a Deep Covered Baker (DCB) as long as the chicken is evenly thawed beforehand. The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken, with a general rule of 6-7 minutes per pound. No additional liquid is needed, as the chicken will cook in its own juices. To ensure the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) or cut into the thickest part of the chicken. It is also possible to use a regular microwave-safe dish, but make sure it is large enough and adjust cooking time as needed.
stephanieboyd
Gold Member
Has anyone ever tried to cook chicken breasts in the microwave in any stone other than the DCB? I have a customer who has a kitchen at work and would like to make chicken breasts but doesn't want to haul her DCB back and forth all the time.

Something like a mini-baker or a loaf pan? Anything without a lid?? Suggestions??

I know a couple of people who have done their chicken in the mini baker. Cooking time is quicker without the lid, so they'll have to shave a couple of minutes to avoid overcooking it.

It cooks great in the large micro cooker. Amazing actually. :)

Hi Stephanie,
Marsha does this all the time using the small bar pan. After she told me this, I started doing it also. If I'm making 'stuff' with it, I use the mini-baker. Hope all is well. Definitely missing the land of beer and wine!
Kristin

I've done it in the deep dish baker before and it's done pretty good.

I'm sure this is coming a little late for you stephanie but maybe for a future "search" for someone...I use the micro cooker for chicken...it works great! the chicken comes out very moist and juicy. perfect for chicken salads or dips! and very easy cleanup!!

1. Can I cook frozen chicken breasts in the microwave without a DCB?

Yes, you can cook frozen chicken breasts in the microwave without a Deep Covered Baker (DCB). However, it is important to make sure the chicken is evenly thawed before cooking to ensure it cooks evenly.

2. How long does it take to cook chicken breasts in the microwave without a DCB?

The cooking time for chicken breasts in the microwave without a DCB will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. A general rule of thumb is to cook for 6-7 minutes per pound of chicken.

3. Do I need to add water or any other liquid when cooking chicken breasts in the microwave without a DCB?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking chicken breasts in the microwave without a DCB. The chicken will cook in its own juices, creating a moist and flavorful result.

4. How do I know when the chicken breasts are fully cooked in the microwave?

The best way to determine if the chicken breasts are fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C). If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken to check for any pinkness or rawness.

5. Can I use a regular microwave-safe dish instead of a DCB to cook chicken breasts?

Yes, you can use a regular microwave-safe dish to cook chicken breasts in the microwave. Just make sure the dish is large enough to fit the chicken without overcrowding. You may also need to adjust the cooking time slightly depending on the dish and microwave wattage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • DebPC