• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Chicken Breasts in the Dcb

In summary, if you want to cook 4 chicken breasts in the microwave in the DCB, start at 8 minutes with the lid on, and then go from there.
babywings76
Gold Member
If I want to cook 4 chicken breasts in the microwave in the DCB, how long should I cook it for?

Are the boneless, skinless?

If they are, then start at 8 minutes with the lid on, and then go from there. It sorta depends on how big they are.

I've recently gotten some of the trimmed & ready boneless/skinless from Tyson & they only took about 6 minutes in the DCB w/lid. They are much thinner than your regular ones. Long suggestion short... keep in mind the thickness, too. :D

Thanks, they were pretty thick. I ended up having to cook them for 10 minutes. I made the Jerk Chicken Nachos, so that's what the chicken was for. I was going to try using the salad choppers to chop the chicken but really struggled. I ended up just using the food chopper. The recipe turned out good, but I think I could have used half of the chicken and cheese mixture on the chips and had 2 batches. Very yummy though. I also thought it was just a tiny bit dry, so maybe next time I'll sprinkle on some addtitional cheese and it definitely was better with sour cream. :)

When you made the chicken in the microwave for this recipe, did you season it beforehand or just wait until you mixed it with the rub and cheese? How come it didn't work with the Choppers? Did you do this for a show?

I did sprinkle just a tiny bit of the jerk seasoning on it. I have no idea why it didn't work with the choppers. It felt like they weren't sharp enough to cut through the meat. The meat kept getting stuck in them and they wouldn't cut all the way through. Maybe they were just too thick? The food chopper worked just fine on it though. I want to try again using the salad choppers with the fajita recipe, because I really wanted to do that for my upcoming shows.

1. How long do I need to cook chicken breasts in the DCB?

The cooking time for chicken breasts in the DCB will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. As a general rule, 1 inch thick chicken breasts will take about 25-30 minutes at 375°F. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

2. Do I need to use any oil or butter when cooking chicken breasts in the DCB?

No, the DCB is designed to be used without any additional oil or butter. The natural juices from the chicken will create enough moisture for cooking.

3. Can I add vegetables to the DCB while cooking chicken breasts?

Yes, you can add vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions to the DCB while cooking chicken breasts. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into smaller pieces and add them to the DCB about 10 minutes before the chicken is finished cooking.

4. Can I use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB. However, the cooking time will be longer, and it is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. It is also recommended to thaw the chicken first for even cooking.

5. How do I clean the DCB after cooking chicken breasts?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water for best results. Make sure to fully dry the DCB before storing it to prevent any moisture buildup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • brandikpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • stephanieboyd