• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Cook Chicken in the Deep Dish Baker Instead of the DCB?

In summary, Becky's chicken fajita recipe calls for 3-4 breasts (boneless skinless) and the peppers/onions to cook for 15 minutes with the cover on. If you try it in one of the smaller stones (so it fits in the micro, and doesn't make yours squeak!) I would cover it 98% of the way with saran wrap. Let us know how it turns out so we can pass the info along to our customers with small micros!
kam
Staff member
I know this has been discussed many times on here before - in various threads...but...

I would like to start cooking my chicken for some of these recipes in the microwave in a stone.

I would be using Boneless Skinless Breasts (I am guessing the standard recipe would call for about 3 half breasts or so).

If I am cooking this in the DCB - how long and cover on or off. I am thinking I saw about 8 minutes with the cover on.

But, my DCB barely fits in my microwave, and causes the turntable to squeek like crazy! (Not to mention, if I go by a sampling of past hosts, more often than not, I could not use the DCB - microwave too small.)

So, If I were to put the Chicken Breasts in the Oval Baker or Deep Dish Baker, would I still cover the chicken - and what would I cover it with? Is it important for the cover to also be stoneware?

Any help is appreciated!

Becky's chicken fajita recipe calls for 3-4 breasts (boneless skinless) and the peppers/onions to cook for 15 minutes with the cover on.

If you try it in one of the smaller stones (so it fits in the micro, and doesn't make yours squeak!) I would cover it 98% of the way with saran wrap. Leave a small portion open so that some (but not all) of the steam can escape. You may just have to test it and see how it goes...

Let us know how it turns out so we can pass the info along to our customers with small micros!

I cover my Deep Dish baker (not the ddcb) the casserole size one, with a large non-plastic, microwave safe plate and get great results. I would worry about saran melting (though I know they make some that is micro safe. It cooks pretty fast 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the breasts... um. I won't go there. I won't go there. Also, if you have the fluted stone that is awesome for chicken breasts! I know there are a few threads here on cooking chicken in those. Rachel Ray even did a show with one-- thanks to one of our PC gals! Hope that helps.

I cook boneless chicken breast in any piece of stoneware that will fit in microwave. Uncovered. Cook till done. Since I am allergic to all other meats, I have to fix me something separate at dinner. I usually use mini baker. The square baker will hold 4 breasts. I use it on chicken quesadilla night. Sprinkle chicken with chipotle rub & southwestern seasoning before cooking. Yum!!

I use parchemnt paper, works great. I made the chicken tortilla cassarole at a show and we used chicken breasts, the deep dish baker and covered with the parchemtn paper. Took about 8 minuts.

Thank you! I am going to put the chicken in the Deep Dish Baker and cover with parchment paper or a microwave plate. I will try 8 minutes!

As much as I would love to show the DCB at shows, I just know I would have a problem in most microwaves. I would have to have the host measure the microwave for me!

1. What is the difference between cooking chicken in a DCB and a regular baking dish?

The main difference between cooking chicken in a DCB (Deep Covered Baker) and a regular baking dish is the cooking method. The DCB is made of a stoneware material that allows for even heat distribution, while a regular baking dish is typically made of metal or glass. This results in the chicken being cooked more evenly and retaining moisture when cooked in a DCB.

2. Is there a specific type of chicken that works best for cooking in a DCB?

No, you can use any type of chicken for cooking in a DCB. However, bone-in chicken pieces tend to work best as they take longer to cook and benefit from the even heat distribution of the stoneware.

3. Can I use a DCB on the stovetop to cook chicken?

No, the stoneware material of the DCB is not suitable for stovetop cooking. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

4. How do I clean my DCB after cooking chicken?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it to ensure its longevity. To clean, simply soak the DCB in warm soapy water and use a non-abrasive sponge to remove any stuck-on food. Rinse thoroughly and dry before storing.

5. Can I cook frozen chicken in a DCB?

No, it is not recommended to cook frozen chicken in a DCB. The stoneware material may crack if exposed to extreme temperature changes, and the chicken may not cook evenly. It is best to thaw the chicken before cooking in a DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies