• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Dry Roast in DCB for Novice Cooks

In summary, a friend of mine bought the DCB at my last show and she's a novice cook and VERY interested in doing good microwave meals. She cooked a roast in the microwave and said it was definitely dry, though she followed all directions. She did say that her microwave seems a bit small for the DCB, and it won't turn. I read through a previous thread and someone suggested inverting the turntable so as to not break that item, but I wonder if she should try a shorter cooking time also?
minirottie
A friend of mine bought the DCB at my last show...she's a novice cook and VERY interested to do good microwave meals. She cooked a roast in the microwave and said it was definitely dry, though she followed all directions. She did say that her microwave seems a bit small for the DCB, and it won't turn. I read through a previous thread and someone suggested inverting the turntable so as to not break that item, but I wonder if she should try a shorter cooking time also?

Any insight into the smaller microwaves and DCB?

When you say roast - do you mean a beef roast?

Beef Roast is the one thing that you just can't do in the microwave in the DCB.

Beef Roast must be done in the oven. It's still great in the DCB though!

Let me ask her...I didn't even consider that. I know she said she followed a recipe from the cookbook I sent her so I'd be guessing pork roast but let me see what she says!

She said she used this recipeBEEF POT ROAST IN THE MICROWAVE
INGREDIENTS:
2-3 teaspoons olive oil
31/2- 4 pounds boneless chuck roast
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Pampered Chef seasoning rub
1 teaspoon coarse (Kosher) salt
1/2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4-1/2 cup flour for coating the roast
Worchestershire sauce as desired
DIRECTIONS
1. Rub meat with a little oil, sprinkle with seasoning rub ( & rub into meat), salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat all sides.
2. Heat Family Skillet or Grill pan on top of the stove over medium high heat. Add oil, and sear meat in the center of the pan for 4 minutes. Turn meat over with
chef's tongs; sear all sides for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove meat from pan.
3. Meanwhile, Arrange onion & garlic in the bottom of the deep covered baker, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add meat to baker, sprinkle Worchestershire sauce on top of meat, and cover.
4. Cook in Microwave ( with turntable and at least 1000 watts power) on high, 40-45 minutes.
5. KEEP LID ON BAKER TO PRESERVE STEAM FOR MOISTNESS.
6. Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, and top with onions and gravy.

hmmm...haven't tried that...and have to agree that beef roast in the microwave is probably not a good idea...

That seems like way tooooooo long to microwave a roast???? If you only have to cook 2 tenderloin for 14 minutes....there is no way beef would take 45, I have done a beef roast....I started it at 20 minutes (w/potatoes and onions in it) and went from there until the temp was good!

Beef roast should be cooked for a long time - 4 hrs at least. But never in the microwave.
The reason is because it needs to be cooked SLOWLY in order to be tender and juicy.

Hello there! I'm so glad your friend purchased a DCB at your show and is interested in trying out new microwave meals. I understand her frustration with the dry roast, as it can be tricky to get the cooking time and temperature just right. In regards to the smaller microwave, I would recommend adjusting the cooking time to be shorter and checking the roast periodically to ensure it doesn't dry out. Inverting the turntable is also a great idea to avoid any potential breakage. Another tip I have is to make sure the roast is covered with foil to help retain moisture. I hope these suggestions help improve your friend's cooking experience with the DCB. Happy cooking!

What is the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method?

The "Dry Roast in Dcb" method is a cooking technique that uses the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef to roast food without any added liquid or oil. It allows the food to cook in its own natural juices, resulting in a healthier and more flavorful dish.

What types of food can be cooked using the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method?

Virtually any type of food can be cooked using the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method, including meats, vegetables, and even fruits. It is especially great for roasting chicken, beef, pork, and fish.

Is the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method easy to use?

Yes, the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method is very easy to use. Simply preheat your oven to the recommended temperature, place the food in the DCB, and put it in the oven. No stirring or flipping is necessary, making it a convenient and hassle-free cooking method.

Do I need to preheat the DCB before using the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method?

Yes, it is important to preheat the DCB before using the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method. This ensures that the food cooks evenly and prevents it from sticking to the bottom of the baker.

Can I use the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method for recipes that call for added liquid?

No, the "Dry Roast in Dcb" method is specifically designed for cooking without any added liquid. If a recipe calls for liquid, it is recommended to use a different cooking method or adjust the recipe to eliminate the liquid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gnlf
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gnlf
  • pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mmoran4pc
Replies