• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This a Really Great or a Really Stupid Idea??

In summary, someone has suggested a smaller deep covered baker for microwaves to fit smaller ovens or for people who are cooking for 2 or less. The individual deep covered bakers would be perfect for people who are picky eaters, those who are cooking for 1 or 2, or for people who are reheating leftovers. There are many other potential uses for these individual deep covered bakers. The suggestion is worth submitting.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I'm thinking of submitting this as a suggestion to Product Development, but wanted to get your opinions first.

Someone mentioned in another thread they would like to see a smaller DCB, to fit smaller microwaves or for people who are cooking for 2 or less. This is a wonderful idea, but the more I think about the more I'd like to see . . .

Individual (or Single Serving) Deep Covered Bakers!

They'd be perfect for:
  • Picky eaters (making Turkey Tretrazzini for dinner, but one kid doesn't like mushrooms? fine, no 'rooms in this pot)
  • Individual meat loafs
  • Individual dump cakes
  • Reheating left overs for lunch
  • Souffles
  • Heated dips for potlucks/parties
  • Throw everything in the pot before leaving the house in the morning, stick it in the microwave, and Voila! home-made lunch.

I thought of a ton more uses when I was in bed last night, but didn't want to get up and turn on the computer!! I bet you all could think of some ideas too, though.

If this were to come out F/W '10, think of the gift opportunities, too! I'm thinking $15.00 per Mini DCB, and $48.00/set of 4.

So, is this worth submitting?

:thumbup:I think this is a great idea being one of those picky eaters and since I'm always only cooking for me and DH. Two would be perfect for us. I could make the same things and put extra onions in his and leave other things out of mine! Send it, what's the worst that can happen it doesn't get made? I also like idea of individual dump cake. I love cake and don't get to eat it often. DH not big fan and only usually make cakes for occasions that bring us out of house!

while you are requesting..... can you ask for an actual handle or bigger place to grip. I understand it is probably because of interior sizes of microwaves but good grief how many close calls I've had. the bulky oven mitts and the narrow handles are just a disaster waiting to happen and I pray its not at a host's home (or that i get severely burned.)
never wear shoes and almost ALWAYS use it in the oven for hours

Cooking for 2 is a great idea... but smaller microwaves are frequently more finicky than larger ones. We have the small ones here at work and they NEVER produce the same results that my 1000 watt micro at home does. There are hot spots/cold spots and they can return some pretty uneven and disappointing results. So that is just a caveat if you are pushing for it... I think it's a great idea for fixing smaller portions in a large microwave, but I would be surprised if it produced the same results in a small one.

Teresa Lynn said:
while you are requesting..... can you ask for an actual handle or bigger place to grip.

I understand it is probably because of interior sizes of microwaves but good grief how many close calls I've had. the bulky oven mitts and the narrow handles are just a disaster waiting to happen and I pray its not at a host's home (or that i get severely burned.)
never wear shoes and almost ALWAYS use it in the oven for hours

I have a little pot holder that you just put fingers in that works perfectly for the DCB lid. I wish we'd make one. Picture an oval about the size of your hand with two pockets on each end that fingers go into.

I think it would be a good idea, as a lot of my guest request lids for other stoneware pieces. This would be a good alternative.

I have had on more than one occasion guests ask me if it comes any smaller for her and her husband, etc. I think it would be a great idea, and while you are at it, submit the idea for a DCB binder cookbook for spring/summer! I'd sell a million of them! :D

chefsteph07 said:
I have had on more than one occasion guests ask me if it comes any smaller for her and her husband, etc. I think it would be a great idea, and while you are at it, submit the idea for a DCB binder cookbook for spring/summer! I'd sell a million of them! :D

From past threads, we know that someone has talked to Product folks about this and they've given strong indication that this is probably in the works....and I think the Weekday Dinners Done is a good indication of that...after everyone's reaction to the announcement of that $6 product...you would have thought they created gold! :D And PC knows it.

And Chefgirl2 recently said she actually spoke to a guy from Product Quality Dept. She gave him a big list of items- including a smaller DCB. It's encouraging to read his response.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/non-bouncing-shakers-ice-buckets-55812/

I think its a great idea. When I was in Hig School I was quite picky. When my mom made her famous enchiladas she always made me an extra pan with no onions...she made it in a smaller corning ware pan though :)

1. Is this product safe to use in the kitchen?

Yes, all of our products are designed and tested to be safe for use in the kitchen. We also provide detailed instructions and safety guidelines for each product.

2. How do I know if this product is worth the investment?

We stand behind our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund within 30 days.

3. Can this product be used for multiple purposes?

Many of our products are versatile and can be used for multiple purposes in the kitchen. Be sure to check the product description or ask a consultant for more information.

4. Are there any health benefits associated with using this product?

While our products are not specifically designed for health benefits, using high-quality kitchen tools can make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable, leading to a healthier lifestyle overall.

5. Do I need any special skills or equipment to use this product?

No, our products are designed to be user-friendly and can be used with basic kitchen skills and equipment. However, some products may require additional tools or techniques, which will be mentioned in the product description.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • CaribooMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • jillbean