• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Beef Roast in a DCB Microwave - Any Suggestions?

I did and it was great! I cooked at 325 for about an hour in the oven and it was medium well, juicy and just wonderful! I am so glad I tried it! I will do it again, I have to find more to do with that thing besides the chicken, ribs, tenderloin..... http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/jaycke11/smileys/39.gifI tried it in the microwave and it was tough and gross...I wouldn't do it again and I don't recommend it to my customers. There is a difference between pork/poultry and beef.Well, as long as some people miss me over here
Carissidy
I havent been here in a very long time and have no idea if someone could either direct me to a thread or offer some advice....

I want to make a beef roast in my DCB in the microwave.I dont know if it possible but I would like to try. My roast is 2.14 lbs and is a bottom round.
Any suggestions?? TIA :)

I'd throw in a packet of Lipton onion soup, or dry rub it with what you like. I would start with 10 minutes and then check it and the temp. I'm guessing about 20 minutes should do it for you.I've done one but don't remember how long I cooked it...I'm pretty sure I cooked it much longer because we like ours to fall apart. I actually prefer putting it in the DCB and cooking it in the oven - longer and slower.

thanks Janet... I could do the oven... I am just a quick easy gal! Although that doesnt get any easier than just putting it in the oven... hmm..

I did it in the microwave when I first got the DCB, it was tough and gross...I wouldn't do it again and I don't recommend it to my customers. There is a difference between pork/poultry and beef.

hmmm.... great! What to do? What to do?

I did one in the oven, I think it was 3 lbs. I don't think it took much longer than making it in the microwave.BTW, good to see you, was wondering how you were just the other day.

Geekgirl69 said:
I did one in the oven, I think it was 3 lbs. I don't think it took much longer than making it in the microwave.

BTW, good to see you, was wondering how you were just the other day.
you were? Why me? Did ya miss me???? LOL

Geekgirl69 said:
I did one in the oven, I think it was 3 lbs. I don't think it took much longer than making it in the microwave.

BTW, good to see you, was wondering how you were just the other day.

at what temp for how long and was it dry?

Carissidy said:
you were? Why me? Did ya miss me???? LOL

Yes, I missed ya. Missed the lighthearted posts when I was feeling down.

I cooked it covered at 325, I checked the temp after 1/2 hour and then put it for another 15-20 minutes. Wasn't dry at all. I did have some veggies in with it, don't know if that made a difference with the liquid or cooking time, it was a day before payday throw together meal.

HTH

Geekgirl69 said:
Yes, I missed ya. Missed the lighthearted posts when I was feeling down.

I cooked it covered at 325, I checked the temp after 1/2 hour and then put it for another 15-20 minutes. Wasn't dry at all. I did have some veggies in with it, don't know if that made a difference with the liquid or cooking time, it was a day before payday throw together meal.

HTH
:D Well, it sure us nice to know that I made someone smile! :D
My lighthearted posts are mostly over on lf now :(

I figured that may be the case but I can't join another forum, I already do this one too much at work.Didya try the roast?

Geekgirl69 said:
I figured that may be the case but I can't join another forum, I already do this one too much at work.

Didya try the roast?

I did and it was great! I cooked at 325 for about an hour in the oven and it was medium well, juicy and just wonderful! I am so glad I tried it! I will do it again, I have to find more to do with that thing besides the chicken, ribs, tenderloin..... http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/jaycke11/smileys/39.gif

Geekgirl69 said:
I figured that may be the case but I can't join another forum, I already do this one too much at work.

Didya try the roast?

Well, as long as some people miss me over here, maybe I will make it a point to sop by more often!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/tayryn/smileys/dancincalvin.gif

P.S.
eeyore.gif

The 20 minute turkey chili is good too - and I like to make fajitas in mine also - 1 large onion, a red pepper and a green pepper, wedge them with the apple wedger, and lay in the bottom of the DCB, sprinkle with southwestern seasoning. Lay 3-4 chicken breasts on top, sprinkle with more southwestern seasoning...put lid on, and microwave for 15 minutes.
Get cheese, sour cream, salsa, etc....ready while it's cooking. After it's done, slice up the chicken (or use chicken strips - even faster!) and serve! Yummy!

1111th_smileys-happydance.gif

YUM!! We love Mexican Food!! Can NOT wait to try this! Thanks!

What type of beef roast is best for cooking in a DCB microwave?

For the best results, we recommend using a chuck roast or a bottom round roast. These cuts have enough fat and connective tissue to stay tender and juicy during the microwave cooking process.

Do I need to season the beef roast before cooking it in the DCB microwave?

Yes, we recommend seasoning the beef roast with your preferred spices and herbs before cooking it in the DCB microwave. This will help enhance the flavor of the meat and create a delicious crust on the outside.

How long should I cook the beef roast in the DCB microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of beef roast you are using. As a general rule, you should cook the beef roast for 10-12 minutes per pound. It's also important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F for medium-rare or 160°F for medium.

Do I need to cover the beef roast while cooking it in the DCB microwave?

Yes, we recommend covering the beef roast with the DCB lid while cooking in the microwave. This will help trap in the moisture and create a tender and juicy roast.

Can I use the juices from the beef roast to make gravy?

Yes, you can use the juices from the beef roast to make a delicious gravy. Simply remove the roast from the DCB and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. Skim off any excess fat from the juices and use them to make a flavorful gravy to serve with the roast.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • sassypip