• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roast Beef in DCB: Oven & Microwave Instructions

In summary,Becky has successfully cooked a high temperature eye-of-round roast in the oven, in the microwave, and in a crockpot. She recommends using a roasting pan, and does not cover the roast. She sometimes seasons the roast with salt and pepper, and sometimes mixes in other spices. The roast is delicious in all three methods.
tpc.patty
Silver Member
Has anyone ever done Roast Beef in the DCB? How long per pound in the oven? In the microwave? I have a host who just got hers and is anxious to try this,

ChefBeckyD said:
I do this one at least once a month. My husband says it makes it taste just like Prime Rib! (except way cheaper!)

High Temperature Eye-of-Round Roast Recipe - Allrecipes.com

**eta - Roast Beef is one thing that I'd never do in the Microwave.

Becky is SO right! It's FABULOUS in the oven... and I experimented for everyone in the microwave and DO NOT BOTHER... Becky is spot on... don't do beef in the microwave... I think the dogs ate it but am not sure if they did or just gave up! :)

Becky, do you adjust the temperature since our stoneware is only heat-safe to 450? I really want to try this but don't want to ruin my DCB! :cry:

pattybrady said:
Becky, do you adjust the temperature since our stoneware is only heat-safe to 450? I really want to try this but don't want to ruin my DCB! :cry:

No, I do it exactly as written.

ChefBeckyD said:

Good to know, thanks! :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:

OK, since you said "exactly as written", this is probably a dumb question, but...:confused:does that mean you don't cover it? If so, we could use other products for this recipe, such as the roasting pan?? :chef:

Paula R. Lewis said:
OK, since you said "exactly as written", this is probably a dumb question, but...:confused:does that mean you don't cover it? If so, we could use other products for this recipe, such as the roasting pan?? :chef:

I guess you could - except the roasting pan is huge for a 3-4 lb roast. I just really like the way it turns out in the DCB. And I don't cover it. The ONLY thing I do differently is play with the seasoning sometimes.

ChefBeckyD said:
I guess you could - except the roasting pan is huge for a 3-4 lb roast. I just really like the way it turns out in the DCB. And I don't cover it. The ONLY thing I do differently is play with the seasoning sometimes.

Thanks so much, Becky! I'm already thinking about defrosting a roast that has been in my freezer for way too long....and will no doubt use rosemary seasoning on it...soon! (Unless I mix it with a couple of other ones...I too have been known to "mix them up" a bit....always with delicious results! lol):love:

One other question....have you ever added any carrots and potatoes, like in a traditional roast? Or, since there's no water added, would this be ill-advised?
Hmmm.....boy, I'm getting hungry! lol:D

Paula R. Lewis said:
Thanks so much, Becky! I'm already thinking about defrosting a roast that has been in my freezer for way too long....and will no doubt use rosemary seasoning on it...soon! (Unless I mix it with a couple of other ones...I too have been known to "mix them up" a bit....always with delicious results! lol):love:

One other question....have you ever added any carrots and potatoes, like in a traditional roast? Or, since there's no water added, would this be ill-advised?
Hmmm.....boy, I'm getting hungry! lol:D

The difference with this is that it isn't a Pot Roast...so there isn't a lot of juices and gravy. It really does come out more like Prime Rib, or a Beef Tenderloin. Because of the way it has to roast - high heat for a short time, and then sit for a few hours as the temp decreases gradually - I've never tried to do potatoes and carrots, etc...like I would with a Pot Roast. Usually, I'll do a veggie and a salad with it, and do baked sweet or regular potatoes in the microwave. OR if you're thinking ahead - do your baked (or sweet) potatoes in the crockpot. This makes them sooooo creamy and good!

Roast in magic pot1 roast
2 cloves of garlic sliced
1 can campbells cream of mushroom soup
1 can campbells french onion soupput roast in magic pot, slice garlic on top
whisk the 2 soups together pour over roast
bake 350 for 1 hour
remove roast to platter, whisk juices serve as gravy(no seasonings and no need to add any thickeners to the gravy before serving) this is Delicious

What is the recommended cooking time for roast beef in the DCB?

The recommended cooking time for roast beef in the DCB is 30 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium-rare.

Can I use the DCB in the microwave to cook roast beef?

Yes, the DCB can be used in both the oven and the microwave. For microwave cooking, follow the same instructions but reduce the cooking time by half.

Do I need to add any liquid to the DCB when cooking roast beef?

No, the DCB has a self-basting lid that keeps the moisture in, so no additional liquid is necessary. However, you may add a small amount of broth or marinade for added flavor.

Can I season the roast beef before cooking it in the DCB?

Yes, you can season the roast beef with your preferred herbs and spices before cooking it in the DCB. This will help enhance the flavor of the meat.

Can I cook vegetables alongside the roast beef in the DCB?

Yes, the DCB is designed to cook meats and vegetables at the same time. Simply place the vegetables around the roast beef in the DCB and follow the recommended cooking time for the vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • sassypip