• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Bbq Beef Sandwich in Dcb/Microwave??

In summary, the chicken and pork recipes, and the Ribeye steak recipe using the DCB, all require 3-4 hours of cook time. The Ribeye steak recipe also requires that the steak be cooked at a low temperature for a long time. However, the microwave may be able to be used to cook the steak quickly. If it doesn't turn out in the microwave, then the oven may be a better option.
esavvymom
Staff member
Has anyone tried this? I see the chicken and Pork recipes. And I see Michael Reeves has a recipe for one using Ribeye steaks, but I have a freezer with several roasts in it. My DH doesn't like traditional roast, so I'd love to be able to try to make a BBQ Beef sandwich with them.

I've found recipes using the various Beef Roasts that I have, plus some spices, etc....but they are for the regular crockpot and require minimum 3-4 hrs cook time...most are all day. What do you think? Can I pull it off in the microwave?

I tried one once- but it became very dry. But I didn't have any water or anything in the DCB. Has anyone done this or something similar?

I haven't tried it, but would love to know if it works... I'm thinking if you put a bottle of BBQ sauce (or made your own, we love Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce) and a bottle of beer and did it like that and then shredded it... You would have to play with the times... maybe start at like 30 minutes and keep adding 10 minutes until it seems done (falling apart)... Let us know how it turns out!

this sounds sooo good..

ok..I guess I can sacrifice a roast in the name of Pampered Chef. :D I'll let you know. Not sure if it will be tonight's or tomorrow night's dinner (if the meat is thawed in time!).

esavvymom said:
ok..I guess I can sacrifice a roast in the name of Pampered Chef. :D I'll let you know. Not sure if it will be tonight's or tomorrow night's dinner (if the meat is thawed in time!).

WE can always count on you to experiment for the rest of us!!! You rock!:D

ChefPaulaB said:
WE can always count on you to experiment for the rest of us!!! You rock!:D

My DH may not be so enthusiastic about that though! *lol*

I have to admit that I'm dubious about doing a beef pot roast in the microwave. Chicken and pork can be cooked quickly, whether it is on the grill, stove top or oven, so the microwave is not such a huge change. But cheap cuts of beef NEED slow cooking ie low temperature and LONG time to tenderise them. I don't think the DCB is going to work a miracle in the microwave and change this fact.

However...

... I could be wrong :D! So if anyone has tried this and it works, please let us all know!

Oops, I got called away mid-post!

So, Bobbi, if I haven't put you off :D please let us know how it turns out!!

Oh, and if it is a "good" cut of beef, then my theory may not apply, however if I was spending the money on an expensive roast, I think I'd rather do it properly in the oven than risk it in the microwave!

Last edited:
AnnieBee said:
I have to admit that I'm dubious about doing a beef pot roast in the microwave. Chicken and pork can be cooked quickly, whether it is on the grill, stove top or oven, so the microwave is not such a huge change. But cheap cuts of beef NEED slow cooking ie low temperature and LONG time to tenderise them. I don't think the DCB is going to work a miracle in the microwave and change this fact.

However...

... I could be wrong :D! So if anyone has tried this and it works, please let us all know!

This made me think...I wonder what would happen if you did it at 50% power in the micro? It would take longer - but the benefits would also be that it would take less energy than the oven, and it wouldn't heat up the kitchen....

I don't know, because I've been inclined to think like Annabel. I do my Roast in the oven or crockpot.

well, In my case, we bought a side of beef with another friend...so I have several roasts of various cuts. My DH won't eat a 'regular pot-roast', and I'm not sure what else to do with the roasts...so it's not a big deal, nor a big expense. Fortunately, one of the DCB Ribs recipes saved us on the short-ribs that we had lots of...it makes those up very nicely (in the oven though).I'll try a few things and see how it works tonight and let you know.

Normally, I wouldn't cook ANYTHING in the microwave like we do with the DCB....I mainly do this for Show-recipe practice. So I would normally do the oven, etc.

Well, if it doesn't turn out in the microwave like we're all hoping... then you could definitely do the same thing in the oven with the BBQ sauce and beer (or whatever)... or you could even just cook it in the oven in the DCB just with water or whatever and then shred and add BBQ sauce to it afterwards... I usually do a beef and pork roast together, then I have a lot of leftovers that I use for BBQ sandwiches, makes a great flavor making both together. But I always do it in the oven or crock pot... would be great if it works for the microwave... but this is still a great alternate way to use the roasts for hubby...

So I'd say it was MIXED results.:thumbdown: As far as working for a Cooking show. I don't think it cooked in a short enough time. HOWEVER.....:thumbup: It was doable. I used this recipe I found (non-PC):1 boneless chuck roast
1 large onion, chopped
1-2 tsp. Ground cloves
2 cups water
I had a Chuck Roast (about 3.5 lbs). I had trimmed it of the huge chunks of fat and cut it unto smaller segments. I used my meat tenderizer (mine has dozens of small blades that slice into the meat....not a meat-"hammer" type tenderizer :D) I then added the onions, water, beef, cloves to the DCB and covered it.I cooked it at 80% power for 20 minutes first. Then took it out to stir the meat around, check it (not done enough yet) and then put it in for another 15 minutes. It was getting closer...so I did it another 10 minutes. Probably could have done another 15, but I wouldn't do any more than that. I removed the meat from the liquid so it could cool enough that I could handle it to shred it. It wasn't done QUITE enough for me to just shred with a fork, but I was able to do it some with a fork, some by hand. The Salad Chopper didn't really do much. It cut the meat some, but some pieces it just mushed (the ones that had a little fat in it). So I stuck with fork and finger method.I made up a batch of BBQ sauce (from PC Casual Cooking Cookbook). Poured all but about 1/4 cup of the liquid out of the DCB and then put the shredded beef back in. Poured on some BBQ to desired amount, stuck it in the oven to heat through. (Used the oven only because it was already on...but could have just done it in the microwave a few minutes). We ate it over toasted Texas Toast and it was very good. DH and my 8yr old son loved it.So it's doable to cut down the cooking time of a roast some. I think the combination of covering it with water and maybe cutting the power down. But depending on how long it cooks in the oven for you, I'd probably just stick to the oven, personally. But definitely wouldn't be SHOW-worthy because of the time, etc, IMHO. But I'm sure we could come up with a recipe to give to a customer later.

thank you for sharing your results!
Jen

It may take too long for a show, but you could type up the recipe and add it to your other DCB recipes and give it to customers who purchase the DCB. And of course, it cooked much faster than crockpot or oven so it did save you some time.

Good to know! Thanks for experimenting for us!!!

1. How do I prepare the beef for the sandwich?

To make a delicious BBQ beef sandwich in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) or microwave, start by seasoning 1-2 pounds of beef with your favorite BBQ rub or seasoning. Cut the beef into small pieces or thin slices for easier cooking and even distribution of flavor.

2. How long should I cook the beef in the DCB or microwave?

Cooking time will vary depending on the power of your microwave and the size/thickness of the beef. In general, it should take about 8-10 minutes in the DCB or 5-6 minutes in the microwave on high heat. Make sure to stir or rotate the beef halfway through cooking for even heat distribution.

3. Can I add vegetables to the sandwich?

Yes, you can definitely add vegetables to your BBQ beef sandwich! In fact, it's a great way to add some extra nutrition and flavor. Some recommended vegetables to include are sliced onions, peppers, or mushrooms. Simply add them to the beef while it's cooking or sauté them separately and add them to the sandwich when assembling.

4. What type of bread should I use for the sandwich?

You can use any type of bread you like for your BBQ beef sandwich, but some popular options include buns, rolls, or thick slices of bread. You can also toast the bread for added crunch and texture.

5. How do I assemble the sandwich?

To assemble your BBQ beef sandwich, start by placing a generous amount of the cooked beef on one half of the bread. Drizzle with your favorite BBQ sauce and top with any additional toppings, such as cheese or vegetables. Cover with the other half of the bread and enjoy your delicious BBQ beef sandwich!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caraighan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • babywings76