• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roast in the Dcb? Need Help Please!

In summary, Ellen's new guest asked her how many pounds of beef she could fit in the Deep Covered Baker, what time table is there for baking in the oven, and if chicken breasts can be used in the recipes.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
Hi! I have a guest a recent party that bought the DCB but plans on mostly using it for baking in the oven (she is not big on microwaving). I mostly use mine for PC Recipes.... I sent her a ton of recipes to go with it via email and she is now asking me lots of questions about how to cook with it. I *should* know this considering how much I use it and how long I've had it (oh yeah- and that I'm the consultant that SOLD it to her!) ha ha

Anyway, below is her latest email to me... Can anyone here help me out with an answer for her? Please and Thank you! :)

Thanks so much for the cookbook....it has great recipes.....about how many pounds of beef can the baker hold......I bought a roast but don't know how long to keep in the baker...is there a time table...such as for every pound keep in oven for 20 minutes at 325 degrees....

I really want to try the cranberry chicken.....but can I use chicken breasts....about how many fit in the baker???? Thanks

Good morning, Ellen. Tell your host you have the perfect companion to her DCB as of March 1.

Our new dinner in your Deep Covered Baker cookbook has all new recipes in it, both for the oven and microwave, and a quick reference guide to cooking meat in both microwave and oven in the back of it.

A 3 - 4 # chuck roast, boneless, should cook 2 - 4 hours, covered at 350*. Brown meat on all sides in a small amount of oil in a heavy pan over medium heat. Pour off oil drippings. Add a small amount of liquid (such as broth, water, beer, or wine) to DCB with meat, and bake.

It will be fork tender (and delicious, I am sure);)

Also says, 1 1/2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts fit in the DCB

Thanks! Now I feel really dumb! I have the cookbook but it's still in my Director box! haha~ I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to go through and play with it all yet!

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying your DCB and that you've already received the cookbook. The great thing about the DCB is that it can be used in both the oven and the microwave, so it's perfect for any type of cooking preference. In terms of the capacity, the DCB can hold up to a 5 pound roast, so you should have plenty of room for your roast. As for cooking time, I recommend following the recipe in the cookbook for the cranberry chicken, but typically for a roast, you would cook it for about 20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees.As for the chicken breasts, you can definitely use them for the cranberry chicken recipe. I would suggest using 4-6 chicken breasts, depending on their size, and they should fit comfortably in the DCB. I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking!

1. How do I use the Roast in the Dcb?

To use the Roast in the Dcb (Deep Covered Baker), preheat your oven to the desired temperature. Place the seasoned meat or vegetables in the Dcb and cover with the lid. Bake for the recommended time according to the recipe or until the internal temperature of the food reaches a safe level.

2. Can I use the Roast in the Dcb on the stovetop?

No, the Roast in the Dcb is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed to be used in the oven only.

3. What is the recommended temperature for cooking in the Roast in the Dcb?

The recommended temperature for cooking in the Roast in the Dcb is between 375-425 degrees Fahrenheit. Always refer to the recipe for specific temperature instructions.

4. How do I clean the Roast in the Dcb?

The Roast in the Dcb is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm, soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads to prevent damage to the non-stick coating. Allow the Dcb to cool completely before cleaning.

5. Can I use the Roast in the Dcb for desserts or other dishes?

Yes, the Roast in the Dcb can be used for a variety of dishes, including desserts, casseroles, and side dishes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly. Refer to the recipe for specific instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies